• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hi guys
    I thought that I would start this thread, and ask people to name as many memorable hatricks scored by an england player. Once i have a fair few, I will get people to vote on which is the best england hatrick scored by an england player. (Btw, should I include Geoff Hurst in the poll? I'm pretty ceratin that he would definitely win if I did).

Geoff Hurst vs Germany World Cup final 1066
    Michael Owen vs Germany 5:1 thrashing World Cup qualifier 2001
    Paul Scholes vs Poland Euro 2000 qualifier
    Shearer vs Luxemburg 1999
    Wright vs San Marino 1993
    Platt vs San Marino 1993
    Gary Linekar vs Poland 1986
    Peter Crouch vs Jamaica 2006

So guys, any more memorable hatricks which you think should go on the poll? (here is a list of all players who have scored a hatrick since 1882 http://www.englandfootballonline.com...MtchChron.html)
    There was a famous battle in England in 1066 but it wasn't the World Cup final.

I'd go with Geoff Hurst....shouldn't that be Geoff Wurst now?

ReputationRep:
    Well my nickname is Swish so I entered a team of absolute duds and called them...wait for it...Swishful Thinking.

Oh I laugh at my lack of wit.

ReputationRep:
    I am jamaican and the defending of the jamaican team was a joke but england do not get credit for beating teams like jamaica 6-0, the same way brazil beat Luxembourg 8-0(or what ever it was).

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it wonderful

I've only just registered on here so i tohught i'd milk it some more, it was a wonderful day in Cardiff and throroughly deserved to win, played Leeds off the park and all their dirty fans can go marching on together all the way to Colchester hahaha.....you DO NOT belong in the premiership....you are NO LONGER a massive club.

After wiping the floor with Palace in the semis as we demoloished them at Selhurst park and making Andy Johnson look nothing again (not worth 8.5M)
    we went and smashed 3 more past Leeds. BRILLIANT

We are premier league sing we are premier league. I was there in 99 at wembley and my 10th year as a hornet will be in the prem.

We're all goina Manchester.....you're all goina colchester lalalala.

You orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrns

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but I think you should prepare the parachute...

I don't really see Watford as a Premiership club and would have much rathered Leeds or Palace being promoted. I can't help but feel you're destined to join the ranks of teams who struggled like hell following promotion.

But Wigan did fine so I hope Watford can prove me wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to go with Crouch just because it's turned the tide of opinion in his favour. Most people were talking about him in the tones usually reserved for Owen Hargreaves, Phil Neville and Calamity (sorry, David) James but following the Jamaica game he's got most of his critics onside. It may not have been memorable in footballing terms, but in terms of Football-Media politics, it's going to stand out in future.

ReputationRep:
    Even though I don't support England, I've always thought that was a great song, probably the best football song there's been.

Except "Come on You Reds" perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    Is Moyes trying to recreate Star Trek at Woodison?

Lescott

Worf

Richard Wright

Quark

Arteta

Star trek guy

Weir

Star trek guy

Cahill

Star Trek guy

Abel Xavier :wave

Mugatu

Everton defender

Star Trek Guy

Neville

Scotty

Is Moyes trying to take Everton were no everton manager has gone before?

ReputationRep:
    hahaha

But don't get dissing my Arteta again :suith: (no homo)

ReputationRep:
    maybe one day you'll have an accident that requires facial surgery and somebody will say you look like a vulcan, real nice that.

ReputationRep:
    Just thought i'd introduce you to a new FireFox extension: FootieFox.

It quietly sits at the bottom right-hand corner of your browser's taskbar, and feeds live score information of matches straight to you almost instantly. Works for a ton of country-specific European leagues, Europe-wide leagues like the UEFA Cup or Champions League, as well as world matches including the Confederations Cup, friendly games, and of course the World Cup.

The support for other leagues will be added in future versions, so you're going to have to wait if you want that functionality. But for now, use it for the World Cup!

2 more days....

ReputationRep:
    I'd much rather watch the football, as opposed to look at the scores at the bottom of my broswer window! :p:

Plus, I'd have to change the position of my FoxyTunes plugin if I wanted to get the footie one, and there's no way on Earth I'm doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    I'd much rather watch the football, as opposed to look at the scores at the bottom of my broswer window! :p:

Plus, I'd have to change the position of my FoxyTunes plugin if I wanted to get the footie one, and there's no way on Earth I'm doing that.
    I assume the toolbars somehow automatically organise themselves there? I have 3 different extensions displaying something or the other at the bottom right-hand corner of my browser window, heh.

And yep, it'd be way better to watch the match... but for the few amongst us who may be deprived of such action on certain nights.

Oh, you get to see the history of scores in the league -- all just a click away. =]

ReputationRep:
    I think it'd just move to the left of the other AI - they'll all still remain aligned on the right side of the status bar.

But yes, this extension is rather pointless. I'd very much rather have a live RSS feed from Soccernet that can provide me with live analysis/commentary/reports besides just giving me the score!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    I think it'd just move to the left of the other AI - they'll all still remain aligned on the right side of the status bar.

But yes, this extension is rather pointless. I'd very much rather have a live RSS feed from Soccernet that can provide me with live analysis/commentary/reports besides just giving me the score!
    You're missing the point. This extension is meant to be a one-stop convenient source of scores, nothing more. Wait, you don't even have to 'stop'. Just use 0.000000343J of energy to move your eyeballls down.

ReputationRep:
    It may be convenient but it doesn't offer a valuable service, compared to say, clicking a button/live bookmark and seeing all that information, plus a buckload of additional material.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screamcore)
    maybe one day you'll have an accident that requires facial surgery and somebody will say you look like a vulcan, real nice that.
    get.off.soap.box
    It is a bit of a joke, dont over react.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see a smaller club back in there. Ironically, I think in the long term it is going to count against you. Last time around you went up too soon and it has taken you a long time to recover. I cannot see you staying up, and I think Leeds will come 2nd in the Championship. Once they're up, they will stay up.

Hope I'm wrong though, nice club Watford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)

If Zanetti and Samuel hadnt been dropped thne i would have put Argentina as my favourites for the WC. From what i've gathered, the defence will change into a back 3 when Sorin pushes up, and this is why Collocini is useful, and perhaps why Zanetti was dropped as he doesnt fit into this system. The midfield and attack is awesome (best in the world IMO) with very good backup players. Group C will be interesting - i think one of Argentina or Holland will fall, and i do think S&M will do well.
    I pretty much agree with everything you've said. My predictions wallchart shows Argentina getting knocked out by Italy in the semis!

Just wondering Klinsy, do you use any other football forums? Seems like you really know your stuff
    I've just loved anything and everything to do with football since I can remember. I was weaned on Eurosport and Football Italia as a kid, hence the fascination with foreign leagues, countries etc. Gabriel Marcotti, Guilleme Ballague and co. off Talksport are all worth listening to, also. You seem to know your football just as well, if not better in some respects. Anyway enough of this mutual appreciation society, Roma are better than Lazio!! :p:

good luck to you guys!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.