Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

youve gotta admit Moyes is a great young British manager who's done really well.

ReputationRep:
    Better that trying to recreate South Park, eh?

TIMMAY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperCollin)

TIMMAY!
    <dies laughing>

Edit: TIMMMMAAAAYYYYYYYYY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screamcore)
    maybe one day you'll have an accident that requires facial surgery and somebody will say you look like a vulcan, real nice that.
    Very true. I admit I like to joke about Liverpool a lot, but I would never cross the line, bang out of order!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperCollin)

TIMMAY!
    That's hilarious

(Original post by Klinsmannic)
    I've just loved anything and everything to do with football since I can remember. I was weaned on Eurosport and Football Italia as a kid, hence the fascination with foreign leagues, countries etc. Gabriel Marcotti, Guilleme Ballague and co. off Talksport are all worth listening to, also. You seem to know your football just as well, if not better in some respects. Anyway enough of this mutual appreciation society, Roma are better than Lazio!! :p:
    He is one of the best pundits out. Love listening to the guy. Shame channel 4 don't show football italia anymore.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1rBV8gH5Qo

ReputationRep:
    HAHA, you seen your own website crouchaldinho?

www.dothecrouch.com

ReputationRep:
    Lineker against Spain at the Santiago Bernabeu. Imagine the Real Madrid fans after a Barca player has scored a hattrick in their stadium!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Boro fan and I don't see the problem at all that Southgate doesn't have the Pro licence coaching qualifications. If Roeder can get away without having it, Southgate should be able to too. What do you guys think about the importance of these badges? Does it really make that much difference? Surely it's better to get first hand experience of playing and being among great players and coaches as Southgate has. I find the LMA annoying because of their view that these badges have to be obtained. Look at Ferguson, Wenger, Redknapp etc. they don't have the necessary badges and they're great managers.

ReputationRep:
    LOL - haven't seen that one!! Do you reckon anyone's gonna beat the Robocrouch dance?

ReputationRep:
    He embarrases(sp??) himself with that dance. It's the most awful thing I've ever seen in football, apart from tottenham FC

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, i don't think it always wise for somone wishing to be a manager starting off at a club of Middlesborough's size. He maybe should have started at a lower league and worked his way up IMO. He's also ridiculously young, he's 35 and you have some players still playing the game up to the age of 40 and beyond, i.e. Sheringham and Sullivan for instance. It just seems odd that someone so young could become immediately a manager of such a big club, which effectively it is. Watford's manager is young, but he's the manager of watford!!!

Roeder hasn't passed his coaching badges just yet, but if i'm not mistaken (which i could possibly be), he had small assistant roles, roles with various academies even before he took up the role of head coach at west ham, before he got sacked/replaced, brooking took over but they still got relegated. However, sticking to letter of the law, Roeder did set the precedent as Gibson has remarked, he doesn't have badges so not sure how the FA can possibly be in a position to say "No can do" to Middlesborough's decision to instate Southgate as boss. Throw into the melting pot, the fact Boro were having success, with McClaren as manager, i.e. fa cup semi-final, eufa cup final, and that he is now england manager and picked (albeit as second choice) as england manager - i think boro have much strenght in argument as to why southgate should be allowed to be boss, given this and given the example of roeder. It revolves around sticking to letter of the law or adopting common-sense and rejecting what can be silly bureaucracy, i.e. Southgate knows the game so very well, i'm sure he's been schooled in management skills et cetera in the last 2-3 seasons as we all know he'd had these ambitions for management for some time. Silly bureaucracy IMO, use more common sense and less silly, needless paper work

ReputationRep:
    He's either got balls of steel, or is just stupid...but at least it's entertaining...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robocrouch)
    He's either got balls of steel, or is just stupid...but at least it's entertaining...
    :rofl: I think it's the latter..

I could imagine doing that on TV, I would get beaten up or something!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I reckon you're right...but as long as he's scoring goals he could do the birdie dance and get away with it...

Have you seen the rest of the squad?

http://www.englandallstars.com/squad.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Very true. I admit I like to joke about Liverpool a lot, but I would never cross the line, bang out of order!
    Jesus christ, it was a tiny little joke.
    So if the general feeling is true and Crouch has marfans Syndrome, is it okay for you to laugh at him?
    Its only a joke, its nothing serious

ReputationRep:
    Crouch is a Legend..

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why FIFA or the FA should be involved in this - it's Boro's decision. If he does badly they have to live with the consequences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    :rofl: I think it's the latter..

I could imagine doing that on TV, I would get beaten up or something!
    Imagine yourself being called a freak by 50k fans every other week, booed by your own nation's fans and being the source of all jokes around the country.

The lad's got a heart of gold and *******s made of steel. Refreshingly priceless attributes in an increasingly corrupt profession.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.