39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    As much as I hate him I hope he makes a full recovery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    As much as I hate him I hope he makes a full recovery

dude, you heard what calderstones said - he'll be printing this thread off and sending it to the club!!!

Good luck Cisse, i hope you get back to full fitness and get your dream move wherever that may be to, hopefully not to the red devils :cool:

Good luck mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)

dude, you heard what calderstones said - he'll be printing this thread off and sending it to the club!!!
    OBviously going to edit it lol, but id appreciate it if someone kept their critiscms in the other thread.

ReputationRep:
    Get well soone Djib. You have done it before and you are strong enough to do it again. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you in a red shirt again sometime soon.

YNWA x

ReputationRep:
    Oh bollox, sorry only read the title, lol

ReputationRep:
    All the best, Djib. I hope you find the strength to overcome this injury like you did last time. Hopefully we'll see you playing again very soon.

ReputationRep:
    I do. Anyone else?

I'm already sick and tired of the England euphoria and mass hysteria, I'm sick and tired of seeing England flags, hearing about loutish 'En-grr-land' fans abroad putting us to shame with their behaviour, hearing about overrated players like Beckham and Rooney, the constant throwbacks to '66, and I hate the coverage - especially the obnoxious BBC commentators insisting that 'we were robbed' of a goal - just as obnoxious as the team itself. :rolleyes:

Not that I'm a footy fan anyway (or at least not anymore), but I sincerely hope and pray that our complacent national team and the even more complacent national media is put to bed within the next month. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think they might just make it through the group stages, then get hampered by Germany ..

I'm sick of it all too, I don't give a monkey's stuffing about the world - cup and God forbid England win it!! O my gosh!!! it will ring in our ears for ages, and people will attach more tacky, drag inducing flags to their cars

*sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Like you said, you aren't a footy fan, so how do you know if our players are overrated?

The world cup is one of the few times there is any patriotism in this country. Get behind the team and support your country.

(Btw i do agree loutish behaviour by some england fans is uncalled for, however the majority just want to support the country in a respectful way)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drazen2007)
    I do. Anyone else?

I'm already sick and tired of the England euphoria and mass hysteria, I'm sick and tired of seeing England flags, hearing about loutish 'En-grr-land' fans abroad putting us to shame with their behaviour, hearing about overrated players like Beckham and Rooney, the constant throwbacks to '66, and I hate the coverage - especially the obnoxious BBC commentators insisting that 'we were robbed' of a goal - just as obnoxious as the team itself. :rolleyes:

Not that I'm a footy fan anyway (or at least not anymore), but I sincerely hope and pray that our complacent national team and the even more complacent national media is put to bed within the next month. :cool:
    I doubt the coverage is any more obsessive than in any other football mad nation. I hate the people who always go, x is overrated when they clearly are world class players. Its just a really annoying attitude. Germany treat Michael Ballack like a god, the italians also are very proud of their players. I dont see how England is any different. Or do these teams deserve to be obnoxious because they are so much better than england?

As for the obnoxiuos team comment, have you heard what trinidad&tobago's manager is saying, or what paraguay are saying. What about argentinian fans who are traditionally very self confident?

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing more disgusting than the whole notion of 'British patriotism'. It is such arrogant bull**** and overshadows an excellent celebration of the sport in this country... I wish people could remember what was important about this time every four years... rather than trying to sell mugs, cakes and random baked goods of an England theme...

A horrible reflection of our nation... all of it.

ReputationRep:
    Not me

The media attention is a bit over the top but I certainly don't want our national team to lose just because of it.

ReputationRep:
    Our media coverage is patronising though, and so is the commentation, as I mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    There is nothing more disgusting than the whole notion of 'British patriotism'. It is such arrogant bull**** and overshadows an excellent celebration of the sport in this country... I wish people could remember what was important about this time every four years... rather than trying to sell mugs, cakes and random baked goods of an England theme...

A horrible reflection of our nation... all of it.
    What the hell? Patriotism is wrong is it?

ReputationRep:
    Knobbers

COME ON EN-GER-LAND

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drazen2007)
    Our media coverage is patronising though, and so is the commentation, as I mentioned.
    No, it isnt any different from any other commentary from national tv stations in other countries. The only part i agree with is the constant comparisons to 66.

ReputationRep:
    And the fact that they still cling on to to the '66 victory (the 'Two World Wars and One World Cup' thing) is ridiculous. England euphoria is driven by this national pride that clings to the past.

The fact that they are still driven on having to beat Germany all the time is laughable. Why can't they let it go?

ReputationRep:
    What? No, Come On England!!! Get behind your country!

ReputationRep:
    The LMA are only kicking up a fuss because they want more jobs for their managers.

ReputationRep:
    I see your from Liverpool so your feeling isnt really a shock to me.
    But want them to get a thrashing? No way. I want us to win it, and ill be as happy as punch if we did it would make me so happy and proud to see the england team lift the world cup.
    Even if i wasnt english, i wouldnt want them to get hammered. Imagine the confidence dents it could potentially deliver to Crouch,Gerrard and Carragher.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.