Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    I see your from Liverpool so your feeling isnt really a shock to me.
    But want them to get a thrashing? No way. I want us to win it, and ill be as happy as punch if we did it would make me so happy and proud to see the england team lift the world cup.
    Even if i wasnt english, i wouldnt want them to get hammered. Imagine the confidence dents it could potentially deliver to Crouch,Gerrard and Carragher.

Couldn't give a **** about those three

Just make damn sure Rooney, Neville, Ferdinand get back safely, no injuries etc.....'pool scum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Sweden will probably top their group. If their defense can hold out, and Freddie gets service to Zlatan, who the hell is going to stop them scoring? Very few. I think Sweden are being underestimated, so much so, that I might get fair odds on them just making the quarters...
    Rio Ferdinand and John Terry. Sorry, but player for player, look at England and Sweden and there is no comparison. The only player Sweden have on top of their game is Zlatan, and he hasn't been prolific recently. Freddie has had a very poor season by his standards, and Henrik is very old now - after a long hard season you see him being able to compete with the world's best defenders?

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP should be deported

ReputationRep:
    Stuck a couple of bets on..
    Ive had Crouch top goalscorer at around 75/1 on a fiver for around 2 months.
    England to win 2-0 £5
    And England/Brazil/Mexico £5

ReputationRep:
    ^ Right... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    what a cool alternitive opinion to have.

How can you hate a flag on a car, it doesnt do anything to you, you say it as if your forced to look at it. Jesus christ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo XII)
    I think the OP should be deported
    Who is that in your avatar Ronaldo XII?

ReputationRep:
    YOU are more patronising than any commentry!

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps I posted this in the wrong forum - I was just expressing my dislike of the 'En-grr-land at the World Cup' euphoria. The complacency of the team and the media drives me insane, as does the loutish behaviour of fans which is just as problematic here as it is abroad.

ReputationRep:
    I love the world cup, as a celebration of football, I enjoy all the differing nations and players. Don't give much of a toss whether England win or not though

ReputationRep:
    It has started to bug the crap out of me, but if it annoys you, you can isolate yourself, distance oneself, away from the euphoria - it is possible!
    i.e. don't watch the news, don't listen to the radio.....it's nice if only to get some temporary respite

'Same **** different day' - that's what it's like to an extent. Same crap spouted by various ex-players, now commentators, on 'players to watch', 'darkhorses', favourites, players to 'shine' - so much hypothetical speak going on....this HYPOTHETICAL element is what i despise the most, that' s pretty much what everything is about/concerned with. So many statistics, "he's had a fantastic season at Werder Bremen, he could really pose a threat, even to the strongest defences in europe". It really does get too much sometimes....

BUT, i don't want England to get thrashed at the world cup. I just hope there is some more articulate commentary, rather than spouting the common-sensical line/s....this is highly unlikely, particularly given the quality of the punditry offered by BBC and ITV for example.

ReputationRep:
    /me raises his hand.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    Ummm, Freddie has been awesome recently. I thought he'd lost it again, but if you watched the CL final, he was immensely scary for the likes of Puyol. They didn't know what to do with him...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    I love the world cup, as a celebration of football, I enjoy all the differing nations and players. Don't give much of a toss whether England win or not though
    I’m with you, I’m not supporting England nor any other team. I Just want to see an entertaining World Cup with the best team winning it. I want to see the best players shine, but I do hate it when everyone talks about Walcott, he is overated – he hasn’t even played for Arsenal yet!! But we’ll see as I want to see everyone do great.

bit of a coincidence that you and i are frm Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of putting a fiver on Australia to beat Brazil. No idea why.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus. Happy days. Why don't you all **** off and support Brazil or something, if your that interested in watching good football. Get behind your nation for god sake.

ReputationRep:
    You can see the people in here who quickly should get behind your country and all the other *******s... ad nauseum are the ones who didn't read the OP comments, saw the thread title and remembered they were playing an MP3 of Three Lions last night and jumping around their room singing along.

Good Lord.

I will love all the world cup matches, and will enjoy the spectacle of the greatest show on Earth, but some of the patriotism, hooliganism and idiotic pundits need to give it a freaking rest.

ReputationRep:
    Not likely, a draw POSSIBLY. 2-2 I'll say for that one.

ReputationRep:
    What wrong with Patriosm exactly? I will show patriosm towards my own country, where I was born.

*edited due to expected torrent by PC brigade*

ReputationRep:
    You could have worded that better.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.