The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

SFC_FOREVER!
Jesus. Happy days. Why don't you all **** off and support Brazil or something, if your that interested in watching good football. Get behind your nation for god sake.

I'm not english for your information and if you want to me to get behind my nation i would be supporting either Hong Kong or India so you telling me to support them ?! :mad: If you're telling me to support brazil i dont have a problem with that! :cool:
Either.... Make your mind up mate.

Support England, considering you live here.
Reply 6002
I would just like to ask all those that want England to get thrashed, are you English? Don't you feel any sort of national pride for your own country?

Really if you can't support your own country, you really should ask yourself, what are you doing in England?
okok I’ll support England !! but never as much as Liverpool ! and if England don’t win then hope Brazil do! :wink:
Reply 6004
I generally tend to support the most entertaining team.
Drazen2007
Perhaps I posted this in the wrong forum - I was just expressing my dislike of the 'En-grr-land at the World Cup' euphoria. The complacency of the team and the media drives me insane, as does the loutish behaviour of fans which is just as problematic here as it is abroad.

Loutish behaviour is part of our national identity, it's what makes me proud to be English, everyone hate us and we hate everyone.

Now **** Off!
gangst
I would just like to ask all those that want England to get thrashed, are you English? Don't you feel any sort of national pride for your own country?

Really if you can't support your own country, you really should ask yourself, what are you doing in England?

I was born in Hong Kong and i cant speak their language i went to an english speaking school, i dont understand cantonese. And hardly anyone talks about Hong Kong national team as most of them didnt even know it existed!! so how i can i support Hong Kong when i'm not chinese, dont speak chinese, dont even know about the Hong Kong football team. If you go to Hong Kong 90% or more of the people wont have a Hong Kong football team shirt!

And for your question about y i am in England well, how about you going to Hong Kong and go to a chinese Uni and live there for the rest of your life ! God!! people dont even think about these things and just make quick conclusions.
Reply 6007
Im just sick and tired of this British media.. Did anyone see that helicopter the other day when englands plane took off. It was following it so closely, like if it was having a race with the plane. For Gods sake let the team get on with their preparations... and the fans don't help either
Alexii
I generally tend to support the most entertaining team.

Same as! although i do watch every England match i also watch every other match!
serious narb
Loutish behaviour is part of our national identity, it's what makes me proud to be English, everyone hate us and we hate everyone.

Now **** Off!

Ha NICE!!
Reply 6010
white_haired_wizard
It has started to bug the crap out of me, but if it annoys you, you can isolate yourself, distance oneself, away from the euphoria - it is possible!
i.e. don't watch the news, don't listen to the radio.....it's nice if only to get some temporary respite :smile:

'Same **** different day' - that's what it's like to an extent. Same crap spouted by various ex-players, now commentators, on 'players to watch', 'darkhorses', favourites, players to 'shine' - so much hypothetical speak going on....this HYPOTHETICAL element is what i despise the most, that' s pretty much what everything is about/concerned with. So many statistics, "he's had a fantastic season at Werder Bremen, he could really pose a threat, even to the strongest defences in europe". It really does get too much sometimes....

BUT, i don't want England to get thrashed at the world cup. I just hope there is some more articulate commentary, rather than spouting the common-sensical line/s....this is highly unlikely, particularly given the quality of the punditry offered by BBC and ITV for example.

There was an episode of Room 101 where Sir Alan Sugar (or 'Sralan' as they call him) said something similar - that there is a kind of political correctness amongst footballers where they end up not being able to say anything meaningful (although some of them can't do this anyway). Clearly the opinions of the tabloid press are more important than the actual sport ('we woz robbed' rubbish).

Another thing is that whenever a pundit says England are playing well, we lose. If they say we are playing badly, we win comfortably.

Ever noticed how defeat is always the manager's fault?

Never mind, England will probably reach the semis and then lose to the eventual winner, and from there it's only a few minutes' wait before the Euro 2008 qualifiers begin and the whole tedious, anticlimatic process begins again...

IT'S JUST A GAME!!!
Reply 6011
£10 england win @ 8/1
£10 rooney top scorer @ 16/1
£5 Engalnd/Trinidad 1st and 2nd @ 33/1
£10 milan baros top scorer and czech republic win @ 380/1
£10 england to beat paraguay 3-0 @ 12-1
SFC_FOREVER!
Jesus. Happy days. Why don't you all **** off and support Brazil or something, if your that interested in watching good football. Get behind your nation for god sake.

Er...see my flag please! I have two nations to support and none of them are England.

regards
--marty
Reply 6013
What do you think? You come onto an english football forum, where most support english clubs, where there are loads of threads about the world cup, and you are asking if anyone want to see england get thrashed. You must be a WUM, or your just completely stupid. Having a view is fair enough, but coming on here hoping england get thrashed is unpatriotic and basically pointless.

Rooney and Beckham over rated players? You have given a view and taken away any possible chance of making or putting forward a point, becasue ignorant comments like that show that you havent got a clue. Yesterday the nation awaited Rooneys results, it was on every channel, most people wanted to find the results out, over rated, by that many people, not a chance.

WUM
Reply 6014
£10 Argentina to win @ 8/1 - made online, got a free £10 bet which went on...
£10 Messi to be golden ball (player of the tournament) at 20/1

Have toyed with the idea of Luca Toni for top scorer @ 16/1 or David Villa @25/1. Also Brazil to win + Ronaldo top scorer @ 20/1. Tempted, but haven't decided yet...
Reply 6015
I can rule out me put anything on Sweden though, except maybe to go out in the 2nd round...
See you next season and well done on the play off final. :biggrin:

Now official too....according to the BBC. :biggrin:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/default.stm

Gem
Reply 6017
Yeah come on you reds was legendary, but there is something special about three lions. When ever i hear it the rage builds as i remember Southgate stepping up - why Southgate? why? why! Never Southgate! Ever! Under no circumstances!
Reply 6018
Have just checked and Villa is actually 33/1 for the golden boot and Spain have Saudi Arabia and Tunisia in their group. hmm...
I feel sorry for people who don't have the footballing knowledge to get into the world cup- like drazen.

Latest