Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    No such team exists, so I fail to understand how any other country can feel patronised...
    So why are England not favourite then?? Behind the almighty Brazil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markymark)
    During football tornaments over the past 10 years all of a sudden every housewife becomes a huge football fan, its ridiculous.
    Horrible isn't it. I hate it when the country unites behind a common goal and a feel-good factor takes over the nation. Give me mundane and ordinary any day of the week....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hate_xams)
    So why are England not favourite then?? Behind the almighty Brazil.

No team exists that is better than England in every way. Brazil have a better attack but our defence ****s all over theirs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    No team exists that is better than England in every way. Brazil have a better attack but our defence ****s all over theirs.
    and still, their attack could quite easily **** over such a solid defence

And their defence, with Lucio, could **** over our right-back and defence in general, the crazy man himself...

ReputationRep:
    Lol, its win win for me. Half English/Half Germany.

Giggedy goo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    *patiently waits for premiership to restart* :p: (around 2.5 months to go )
    Same here. Premiership top goalscorer - Shevchenko. Title winners: Chelsea

ReputationRep:
    No - The country is NOT united like you like to think what a load of crap. Its just people who dont like football feel that they should even though they hate the game. Even if England won the next day they woudlnt care. Im not implying other countries dont celebrate or love football as we do. Im talking about the way we still celebrate 1966 and the idea that that has anything to do with our performances at future major tornements.

The unfortuneate fact is that most people who watch football and go to the games are local working class, morons and there views are what they want to hear is reflected in the mainstream media. The media coverage of our national game is directed towards the people who will eat it up and they (unfortuneatly in England, unlike other countries) are working class bums with a combined IQ of about 10. What I hate most is the dumbed down coverage of football that we get in the mainstream media especially ITV, but I understand that they have to play to their audience. However intelligent, informed people, such as myself, still find it annoying and wish for better coverage.

Thanks for your time ingrates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Same here. Premiership top goalscorer - Shevchenko. Title winners: Chelsea
    Title winners - Chelsea
    Top Scorer (in the Premiership) - Henry

I think Shevchenko won't play as many games as Thierry Henry will do at Arsenal, thus.... ^^^^^^^^.

As for Chelsea, too much quality and significantly, quality in depth, thus....^^^^^^^^

ReputationRep:
    No - The country is NOT united like you like to think what a load of crap. Its just people who dont like football feel that they should even though they hate the game. Even if England won the next day they woudlnt care. Im not implying other countries dont celebrate or love football as we do. Im talking about the way we still celebrate 1966 and the idea that that has anything to do with our performances at future major tornements.

The unfortuneate fact is that most people who watch football and go to the games are local working class, morons and there views are what they want to hear is reflected in the mainstream media. The media coverage of our national game is directed towards the people who will eat it up and they (unfortuneatly in England, unlike other countries) are working class bums with a combined IQ of about 10. What I hate most is the dumbed down coverage of football that we get in the mainstream media especially ITV, but I understand that they have to play to their audience. However intelligent, informed people, such as myself, still find it annoying and wish for better coverage.

Thanks for your time ingrates.
    There are many decent, honourable, hard-working, w- c peeps. How about all those supporters, 'middle to upper' class - circumstances where often there is not an ounce of meritocracy in how they live their lives and have got to where they are today, i.e. inheritances/passing on of family wealth....etc

And, 'middle classes' can be equally dumb and compatible to this 'dumbing down' version... I take it you're not a Big Brother fan, but if you have tuned in, check out the character Grace. Now, there's your fantastically intelligent, high IQ and WOAHHH 'upper class' gal....:rolleyes:

i.e. she wears hotpants like a slut and every other word is 'babe'. She wouldn't be out of place in Essex

ReputationRep:
    However intelligent, informed people, such as myself
    :toofunny: Stop, please, you're killing me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Top_Cat)
    :toofunny: Stop, please, you're killing me!
    i've died.

ReputationRep:
    No guy- youre killing me because youre so clever you know ho to copy and paste. The fact is that the media coverage is aimed towards those people, and I didnt say that those people are not decent. However they are ill informed and ususally stupid. Here's an illustration. They are kind of people who go to a pub and watch a football game right?? where there are about 500 people crammed in only about 10 can actually see the TV. THey get hammered and just groan and cheer, they dont really care about the football more just about boozing really.

You ask them about the game at half time and its yeah "we woz all over em, that was a penatly, we woz robbed, foreign divers etc . etc." -even if were clearly being outplayed. I call those people morons, and they like to think of themselves as patriotic. Id rather England were not represented by low class bums. You may have a different opinion but they buy the papers and they put a lot of money into the game.

ReputationRep:
    You're going straight back down again. In modern times, smaller clubs have a harder time of succeeding in the Premiership.

ReputationRep:
    No guy(s)- youre killing me because youre so clever you know ho to copy and paste. The fact is that the media coverage is aimed towards those people, and I didnt say that those people are not decent. However they are ill informed and ususally stupid. Here's an illustration.

They are kind of people who go to a pub and watch a football game right?? where there are about 500 people crammed in only about 10 can actually see the TV. THey get hammered and just groan and cheer, they dont really care about the football(,) more just about boozing really.

You ask them about the game at half time and its (")yeah "we woz all over em, that was a penatly, we woz robbed, foreign divers etc . etc." -even if were clearly being outplayed. I call those people morons, and they like to think of themselves as patriotic. Id rather England were not represented by low class bums. You may have a different opinion but they buy the papers and they put a lot of money into the game.
    People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and stupid people shouldn't call others morons, especially when said stupid people are classist, stuck up snobs with no real understanding of the world outside of their tiny minds

ReputationRep:
    I've just put another fiver on Italy @ 11/1. They've got a decent chance i reckon. I should get a £5 free bet for registering so that's going on a golden boot contender, just can't decide who. I still really like Villa and he could score a hatful if he plays. Toni's still tempting but if Italy are crap then i would lose on both bets. Still not convinced about Klose. I'd go with Van Nistelrooy but the netherlands have got a ***** of a group. Maybe Lampard @ 40/1 - he scored a lot in the qualifiers.

ReputationRep:
    ThaNks, You, my friend, should be a fulltime spellchecker because thats all you're good for.

ReputationRep:
    People who show no national pride i have no time for, if you dont like England just hush up we dont need negative people to bringing the team down,i have my big England flags drapped out my window and if people dont like it then tough!

ReputationRep:
    ThaNks, You, my friend, should be a fulltime spellchecker because thats all you're good for.
    ok

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but there's a difference between national pride and behaving like a thug. Unfortuneatly a lot of these bums don't know this, so in an ideal world we could exclude them, but we cant. National pride is a bit like giving a monkey a handgun.

ReputationRep:
    No guy- youre killing me because youre so clever you know ho to copy and paste. The fact is that the media coverage is aimed towards those people, and I didnt say that those people are not decent. However they are ill informed and ususally stupid. Here's an illustration. They are kind of people who go to a pub and watch a football game right?? where there are about 500 people crammed in only about 10 can actually see the TV. THey get hammered and just groan and cheer, they dont really care about the football more just about boozing really.

You ask them about the game at half time and its yeah "we woz all over em, that was a penatly, we woz robbed, foreign divers etc . etc." -even if were clearly being outplayed. I call those people morons, and they like to think of themselves as patriotic. Id rather England were not represented by low class bums. You may have a different opinion but they buy the papers and they put a lot of money into the game.

People can quite easily lose a sense of perspective, particularly when fuelled by booze. Booze lends itself to perspectives increasingly devoid of reasoning and calculation....

I wouldn't say such boozed-up people are morons but the morons would be those who choose to take such people and their opinions, especially in the/their, climate/current predicament, seriously. I think you're blowing this 'stupidity/moron-ness' out of all proportion...some people are inherently stupid (that applies to all social classes/however the **** one goes about defining 'class' these days...) and some are swayed into a stupidity when fuelled by alcohol....whereas some can rationale with and without alcohol...

As long as no-one gets hurt, gets harmed, no fights/aggression results...who gives a ****? Of course' i'd prefer to engage in rational debate with football fans, but sometimes, overanalysis should be put to one side and you should just revel in blissful patriotism....a time and place for both, arguably.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.