39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    ok
    maybe he mis-spelt (or is that, misspelt?) for effect. I doubt it :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Patriotism is great, and a refreshing change to the usual nagging about what’s wrong with this country :rolleyes:

I’m supporting England, and some other teams as well

ReputationRep:
    ok decision made - David Villa @25/1. So the dream world cup for me betting wise would be...
    Winners - Argentina (£90) or Italy (£60)
    Golden Boot - Villa (£125)
    Golden Ball- Messi (£200)
    Total winnings - £415 or £385
    I'd be happy with that. Anyone see it happening?

Edit: the amounts in brackets are what i'd win on each result, not what i bet! (Total money risked- £15)

ReputationRep:
    Well there is no debate about these people - they are socially inept. If they want to have a good time they are entitled to it, but when it infringes on public order and becomes rude and vile then it should stop. The problem is that these people have no concept of an acceptable way to behave in public. If you want to excuse them and blame the booze thats up to you, but most people are sick of it. Yet what gets me is that it is accepted as patriotism. Im not talking about people enjoying a football game here. Im talking about the vile, usually drunken nonsensical behaviour that follows or punctuates it. This behaviour is not considered criminal in our country although in many other countries it would be. Its mostly anger from stupid and frustrated people at the bottom of everything - losers. I dont want to see these people waving our flag.

As Mr spellchecker knows loser is a loser no matter what.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drazen2007)
    I do. Anyone else?

I'm already sick and tired of the England euphoria and mass hysteria, I'm sick and tired of seeing England flags, hearing about loutish 'En-grr-land' fans abroad putting us to shame with their behaviour, hearing about overrated players like Beckham and Rooney, the constant throwbacks to '66, and I hate the coverage - especially the obnoxious BBC commentators insisting that 'we were robbed' of a goal - just as obnoxious as the team itself. :rolleyes:

Not that I'm a footy fan anyway (or at least not anymore), but I sincerely hope and pray that our complacent national team and the even more complacent national media is put to bed within the next month. :cool:
    Obviously as you aren't a fan you wouldn't know if they are over-rated or not.

As for people shouting England songs, have you seen any of the footage from Germany? There are fans from every country and they are all singing and chanting so why are ours putting us to shame?

Try not to be so miserable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markymark)
    Well there is no debate about these people - they are socially inept. If they want to have a good time they are entitled to it, but when it infringes on public order and becomes rude and vile then it should stop. The problem is that these people have no concept of an acceptable way to behave in public. If you want to excuse them and blame the booze thats up to you, but most people are sick of it. Yet what gets me is that it is accepted as patriotism. Im not talking about people enjoying a football game here. Im talking about the vile, usually drunken nonsensical behaviour that follows or punctuates it. This behaviour is not considered criminal in our country although in many other countries it would be. Its mostly anger from stupid and frustrated people at the bottom of everything - losers. I dont want to see these people waving our flag.

As Mr spellchecker knows loser is a loser no matter what.
    Who accepts hooliganism? We ban some fans from going abroad, make arrests on match days and generally condemn bad behaviour outright

ReputationRep:
    Of course we do but im not talking about hooliganism. Im talking about the vile way drunken idiots run around waving the flag. We can do without this crap, or should I say these idiots.

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with being drunk? Are you 65? People get drunk all the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Jesus christ, it was a tiny little joke.
    So if the general feeling is true and Crouch has marfans Syndrome, is it okay for you to laugh at him?
    Its only a joke, its nothing serious
    Hahahaha.

I was joking I'll laugh along if one of our players looks like somebody out of Star Trek, just like i'll laugh if one of yours looks like Timmayyy!

ReputationRep:
    You guys might be able to help me

http://www.willhill.com/iibs/en/buil...oice=WC1105043

Are those odds for the team to top their group? Germany is 1.36 so that means they are favourite to top their group right? And why does it say 'Price' instead of odds or something? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well i've only placed 4 bets in my life so i'm no expert, but it looks like they are the odds for each team to win the group. With Germany as favourites for their group, England for theirs, Argentina for theirs and so on. Don't know why it says price but i'm guessing its just another word for odds in the gambling world.

ReputationRep:
    I just realised at the bottom it says you are betting on the winner of the group.

Ive only ever placed one bet and that was like 30 minutes ago on Sam being evicted from big brother tonight lol. Might place some bets on the world cup too though, will see how i get on

ReputationRep:
    hahah pfft wtf, anyone else find that bell-ringing slightly disturbing?

As though they were jerking themselves off, eurghhh, or jerking themselves off into the bell....well ****ed up....

ReputationRep:
    I put £5 on for Klose to get the Golden boot

He's already scored

Money plzz

ReputationRep:
    My bets:
    Germany leading at half time, Costa Rica leading at full time @ 100/1 [1 wuid. c'mon Costa Rica, Germany did let Wanchope through a couple of times so you never know].
    Henry top scorer @ 14/1 [2 quid]
    Holland to win the world cup @ 15/1 [2 quid, placed it way before all the midfield injuries started happening so doesn't look too good anymore]

ReputationRep:
    well dispite these silly ppl i think this sounds like agood service. especially for the premireship next season. i downloaded it and now i see it in the bottom right i just dont know if its working or not. how can i tell?

ReputationRep:
    Ok i'm tempted by another £5 on klose now, he's scored 2 already.

Edit: maybe not he's down to 7/1. *******s
    Come on David Villa!

ReputationRep:
    I put 5er on Miroslav before kickoff... A hammering of Ecuador and I could be in for a winner here...

He's such a goalscoring player.

And Frings and Lahm, those were PEACH goals. Immense.

Lehmann should pretty much go away, never liked him... waste of space - especially with Kahn waiting on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    This sounds great, gonna try it out now!

ReputationRep:
    ok it seems to be working now but only since the game ended xD
    ill try it out next time im on the pc and a games on im not watching for watever reason

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.