Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    yeah gotta say, i should've listen to you on Klose. Looks like he's gonna go Klose (sorry)
    The goals were great but i can see what the goalies are talking about when they complain about the way the ball moves. It's crazy, there wasn't any spin on lahm's shot but it still swung in two directions! Schweinsteiger looks a tidy player.
    Two great games tomorrow - the England match and Argentina v Ivory Coast. My first chance to see how my first tip for the win is looking. No Messi though

ReputationRep:
    has some bugs in it apparently...... www.soccernet.com is the place to go!

ReputationRep:
    I dont think im goiog to bet on england ... might bet on argentine to win though .. there aint a chance in hell ivory coast are going to beat them is there?! lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jose)
    ok decision made - David Villa @25/1. So the dream world cup for me betting wise would be...
    Winners - Argentina (£90) or Italy (£60)
    Golden Boot - Villa (£125)
    Golden Ball- Messi (£200)
    Total winnings - £415 or £385
    I'd be happy with that. Anyone see it happening?
    What the ?!

Don't do that!

ReputationRep:
    I might take Ivory coast as my first upset prediction, actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I put 5er on Miroslav before kickoff... A hammering of Ecuador and I could be in for a winner here...

He's such a goalscoring player.

And Frings and Lahm, those were PEACH goals. Immense.

Lehmann should pretty much go away, never liked him... waste of space - especially with Kahn waiting on the bench.
    Waste of space? One could make a very valid argument for our player of the season and best goalkeeper in the prem. He is a knobber but quite funny and a very good keeper

ReputationRep:
    Not as good as Kahn. I know you can't expect him to be amazing in one on ones, but two shots against him, both went in-from a less than world class player.

Not good enough.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone hear of that story?He won a competition and thought he would lead out england but found out that he would lead out a team in the opening match.
    Did anyone see which team he led out today? Did he look disappointed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    What the ?!

Don't do that!

Should make clear that the figures i put in brackets were what i could win on each result, not what i bet on them. I only bet £15 (a ten and a five) in total + free matched bets.
    Not as crazy as the way i wrote it made it look!

ReputationRep:
    oh....i would be gutted if that happened to me!! i dont think i saw a dissapointed kid...they all looked the same to me .....

ReputationRep:
    ^ Haha alright :blushing:

I should make a thread - "Farhan's guide to making money with the World Cup".

ReputationRep:
    Saw it on the news yesterday he had won a mcdonalds comp I think. Not seen him but then again I wasn't watching for him.

ReputationRep:
    Currently assuming Klose didnt win golden boot, then Im looking at breaking even.

And yes you should make that guide. Though Ill hurt you if you lost me money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    ^ Haha alright :blushing:

I should make a thread - "Farhan's guide to making money with the World Cup".
    Klose looks like a good bet, nice tip
    Im up 40 quid so far during the world cup, had a germany/germany bet on. Aswell as 4.5 goals plus.

ReputationRep:
    the commentators make me wanna puke in Germanys match the commentator goes "if england dont win their group...then they will play germany", then the other commentator replies "well it doesnt matter england are better than germany"

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys

I feel so confident and it's only the first day. I was going to do that accum of those few teams, but I had an exam and so had to rush.. But I only miss out on Germany anyway. I'll do that accum tomorrow morning.

I had to quickly put a fiver on Klose :rolleyes: I so would've put a tenner or maybe even £20.

Anyways I'll post up some more good bets later, not that anyone wants to know :blushing: Perhaps I'll make a thread.

ReputationRep:
    spurs have rejected 10 million from manchester united for there midfielder micheal carrick. Spurs want 20 mill.

i think van nistelrooy maybe offered in a swap? i dunno

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/5066204.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortimer)
    spurs have rejected 10 million from manchester united for there midfielder micheal carrick. Spurs want 20 mill.

i think van nistelrooy maybe offered in a swap? i dunno

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/5066204.stm
    20 million? pfft, give me a break please. I'm still amazed at how cheap Carrick was when West Ham sold him to Spurs. It's not as though he was a cack player with little to no promise at Upton Park. Pfft 20 million asking price, absurd and they won't get it. I wouldn't offer more than 12 million for Carrick and i'm still not sure whether i'd go for Carrick in particular.

ReputationRep:
    Like **** should we sell him! I don't care how much Man U offer!!

If Fergie wants a replacement for Keane and Scholes, look elsewhere!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah do the thread! I have another £5 to go until i reach my £20 limit so tips are needed. Just wish i'd taken notice of your Klose one, "Germany are a bit crap really" yeah, good one jose...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.