Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    20 million? pfft, give me a break please. I'm still amazed at how cheap Carrick was when West Ham sold him to Spurs. It's not as though he was a cack player with little to no promise at Upton Park. Pfft 20 million asking price, absurd and they won't get it. I wouldn't offer more than 12 million for Carrick and i'm still not sure whether i'd go for Carrick in particular.
    yh i agree! i was quite suprised actually all the talk has been about riquelme or diarra or even gattusso carrick was linked but i did not think anything of it.

i think fergie is after him as he is accustomed to the premiership and is a decent player. utd will never pay 20 mill and i dont think spurs wanna get rid of one of there most important players. he a very good passer of the ball.

ReputationRep:
    So anyone going to bet on Argentina to win tomorrow?

I just won my first bet (only one £1.40 but its a start ) and im thinking that Argentina to win is a safer choice than England to win?

Also, WilliamHill have live betting on the Poland v Ecuador and you can bet up until 22:00 ... is that when it ends? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I agree about the commentators. This is exactly what I'm on about - support for England at the World Cup is driven mostly by vulgar nationalism, rather than pride in the team and country - this is why people still cling on to the 1966 victory against Germany. It's no wonder everyone else holds us in such low regard. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by numero sept)
    Like **** should we sell him! I don't care how much Man U offer!!

If Fergie wants a replacement for Keane and Scholes, look elsewhere!!
    I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to leave Spurs. At least he has good chances of winning Silverware 'here'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortimer)
    yh i agree! i was quite suprised actually all the talk has been about riquelme or diarra or even gattusso carrick was linked but i did not think anything of it.

i think fergie is after him as he is accustomed to the premiership and is a decent player. utd will never pay 20 mill and i dont think spurs wanna get rid of one of there most important players. he a very good passer of the ball.
    precisely, you don't shell out £10 million for a 'decent' player. That's all he is IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to leave Spurs. At least he has good chances of winning Silverware 'here'
    here here

LOL! where we guarantee Champions League football! ouch! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha.

ReputationRep:
    Was just about to bet on the current match and Ecuador just went up 2-0 and they suspsended the bet :mad:

Edit: Its back with odds of 1.01 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lol, yeah i thought that might have happened. what were you going to bet on?

ReputationRep:
    here here

LOL! where we guarantee Champions League football! ouch! :p:
    Oh hang on, i thought err hehe....no they DIDN'T. THEY finished FIFTH
    He's over-rated in my opinion - we'd probably be paying all that money for the silly haircuts and colourful football boots he adorns...

There's a distinct lack of substance.

ReputationRep:
    o plz! why dont liverpool go and splash out 15 mill on a striker who cant keep onside and breaks his leg as if they are toothpicks. but you do have gerrard who without you are nothing, just admit it! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    Ahaha.
    of course, he'd prefer to join Liverpool wouldn't he :rolleyes:

He could get in on the claims culture that is rampant in Liverpool regions....Given that Carrick is a chav, i'm sure he'd love it in Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I was the first to mention the Klose golden boot.

No matter, there's room enough for two betting afficionados (sp?)

Though I did just love my accumulator because Poland are the worst football team in history... Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Ecuador winning haha.

Just bet on second half (excluding goals in the first half) ... Ecuador to win 1.2 .. bet a fiver

Just checked and that bet no longer exisits .. looks like i got in just in time

Oh, when you were asking what i was betting on did you mean the one i won? That was Sam to be evicted from big brother tonight ... £10 bet with odds something like 1.14.

ReputationRep:
    of course, he'd prefer to join Liverpool wouldn't he :rolleyes:

He could get in on the claims culture that is rampant in Liverpool regions....Given that Carrick is a chav, i'm sure he'd love it in Liverpool.
    OMG! your rock white haired wizard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rico dan man)
    the commentators make me wanna puke in Germanys match the commentator goes "if england dont win their group...then they will play germany", then the other commentator replies "well it doesnt matter england are better than germany"
    England are always 'better' :rolleyes:

Better 'on paper' perhaps....and you know where this always gets us, QFs usually, semi-final stage at best. The potential is there, but never realized. I hope this changes with this world cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)

Just bet on second half (excluding goals in the first half) ... Ecuador to win 1.2 .. bet a fiver
    I won. So i have won two bets so far, not bad for my first day

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question -

Is it possible to do all these kinda bets (top goalscorer, top of group e.t.c) at a high street bookies (where i live only Ladbrokes)?

ReputationRep:
    10m for Carrick? Spurs should accept, no questions asked. Another prime example of an overpriced Englishman

o plz! why dont liverpool go and splash out 15 mill on a striker who cant keep onside and breaks his leg as if they are toothpicks. but you do have gerrard who without you are nothing, just admit it! lol
    Rooney? Forwards aside, your 'team' is relatively poor in comparison to our giraffe, 9 donkeys and Ste Gerrard.

Enjoy your League Cup, I'm sure our "striker who cant keep onside and breaks his leg as if they are toothpicks" is reasonably happy with his FA/Super/European Cup Winners' medals.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.