Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghost101)
    Bloody poland, i had 7/3 for them to win and they blew it. Oh well theres a long way to go.
    If you have £7 you dont need the £3 is my motto.

ReputationRep:
    Weird thread...

I like that you can go into any pub and have everyone getting behind England together. No, it doesn't mean I'm loutish or naive or racist. It's just a great atmosphere.

COME ON ENGLAND!!

ReputationRep:
    ^ Unless it's Liverpool. I once betted £14 just to make like £2 LOL

Liverpool are reliable.

ReputationRep:
    Some people here clearly dont have a clue.

today i just had a little tipple on under 45points (cards) in the poland game.

tomorrow, got plenty on.

ReputationRep:
    ^ I certainly do, however.

My first and only bet so far - a £5 bet, and it looks as if it's going to win me £100

My target for this WC is a grand. :blushing:

I need to make that thread!!

ReputationRep:
    Word has it that he'll leave for 13m-ish. I don't want him to go but if he won't sign a new deal there's not a lot we can do. If I knew we were certain to get Zokora maybe I would be less disappointed than I am.

ReputationRep:
    yes SWP had a lot of potential but did not use his head. Money means a lot but not playing at al that must hurt. the only reason he was bought was so arsenal would not buy him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Still I'm sure he would manage a smile when he heard tens of thousands of people clapping him onto a field of amazing players.
    I'm sure he did! I mean, it must have still been fun!
    I hope they managed to somehow get him to meet his hero Gerrard or something. I mean, they said that they would try and make it up to him.

ReputationRep:
    Bets for today (not made yet, but in pipeline)

Drogba to be first scorer in his game at 10-1, Crespos anoter poss at 5-1, but those arent long enough in my eyes... Also very good odds on an ivory coast upset that is more than possible, but I didnt bet on that.

It WILL involve goals, so bet on maybe 2.5+ goals and you will be rewarded...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    So anyone going to bet on Argentina to win tomorrow?
    Also, WilliamHill have live betting on the Poland v Ecuador and you can bet up until 22:00 ... is that when it ends? :confused:
    Dont be so sure, Ivory coast are a dark horse of the competition.
    Bets for today
    England to win 3-0 25 on betfair
    England/England 7 on betfair
    Crouch to score Cant remember odds
    England/Brazil/Mexico cant remember odds :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Bets for Today:
    England to win £50
    If it wins....
    Bet against Argentina to win

ReputationRep:
    why does it always give me the scores for the Icelandic league and Serie A/B whether i want them or not?

(Original post by rico dan man)
    the commentators make me wanna puke in Germanys match the commentator goes "if england dont win their group...then they will play germany", then the other commentator replies "well it doesnt matter england are better than germany"
    If you have any footballing knowledge you will know that Englands team is a LOT better than Germany's. This is not arrogance, its stating the obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    If you have any footballing knowledge you will know that Englands team is a LOT better than Germany's. This is not arrogance, its stating the obvious.
    A lot better 'on paper' perhaps. Let's not go forgetting Germany and their performance in the 2002 World Cup - i also happened to forecast their success, as this kind of scenario does have the tendancy to crop up, i.e the underdog/dark horse prevails....

Akin to Greece and their winning EURO 2004.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo XII)
    I think the OP should be deported
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    of course, he'd prefer to join Liverpool wouldn't he :rolleyes:

He could get in on the claims culture that is rampant in Liverpool regions....Given that Carrick is a chav, i'm sure he'd love it in Liverpool.
    Why would we want him when we have Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko and Dietmar Hamann who play at central midfield?

If we did want him however.. I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate, as winning silverware seems something like a norm for us these these.

The League Cup only in a few seasons.. However~

No ZOMG Manure are betta coz dey got Shrek yay!11

ReputationRep:
    what nob gave me negative rep again? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Ahahaha, I trust you're a Manure fan then?

And it wasn't me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    Why would we want him when we have Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko and Dietmar Hamann who play at central midfield?

If we did want him however.. I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate, as winning silverware seems something like a norm for us these these.

The League Cup only in a few seasons.. However~

No ZOMG Manure are betta coz dey got Shrek yay!11
    To be honest, and this pains me a little, your midfield is excellent - pretty much all of those 4. Sissoko particularly impressed me last season. I'm just bloody concerned that Man United are struggling in the midfield department...what the bloody hell are our scouts doing etc. As for Carrick, he's too much of a beanpole, physically i don't think he has the presence and nature of play that United are looking for, perhaps Gattuso would be the wiser option (albeit an option with a temperamental nature). I wouldn't half mind us poaching your Sissoko but hey, that's simply not going to happen
    Sissoko likewise, physically comes across as 'beanpole' but he seems pretty strong when playing and making challenges...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    Ahahaha, I trust you're a Manure fan then?

And it wasn't me.
    Not me Mortimer, seeing as we're both (the real!) reds :cool:

This place is full of Arse, Chelscum and 'pool scum...:rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.