• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    £20 on Ivory Coast to win or draw at 2.3

ReputationRep:
    I think IC should be at least 3-1 for win or draw, considering what they're facing.

I hope all you fans of the 'big 4' prem clubs do all actually live near these clubs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking my 9/1 on Argentina for the whole thing is looking quite tidy. Playing great with Messi to come. I like it. I think Holland might struggle in this group.

ReputationRep:
    well argentina are winning 2-0 at the moment so i dont think ivory coast are going to win or draw :p:

Do you guys bet little money on things with high odds or more money on stuff with low odds? Ive been doing the latter but im not sure if thats the best technique.

ReputationRep:
    i've been betting on stuff with decent odds - an 8/1 (Argentina to win the whole thing) an 11/1 (Italy to win the whole thing) an 11/1 (Ronaldo for golden boot) a 20/1 (Messi for player of the tournament) and a 25/1 (Villa for golden boot). I put £10 on one and £5 on a couple but i got free bets from bet365 & skybet so i've only bet £20 in total. Don't know if that's a good way of doing things but i think i stand a decent chance of getting one of them right, and if i do get one it will more than cover the £20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    A lot better 'on paper' perhaps. Let's not go forgetting Germany and their performance in the 2002 World Cup - i also happened to forecast their success, as this kind of scenario does have the tendancy to crop up, i.e the underdog/dark horse prevails....

Akin to Greece and their winning EURO 2004.
    Its true, greece are better than any european side, france and argentina are rubbish. :rolleyes:

England are better than Germany atm. End of. Dont come back with ridiculous arguments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    If you have £7 you dont need the £3 is my motto.
    ??? ive thought about for several minutes, still dont get it???

ReputationRep:
    Who was it who was going to do the betting tips thread? Please link it when (if) you do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    You wish :p:
    Even the title winners bit? Are you sure? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Shame about Ivory Coast, could have snatched a draw. Didnt think Argentina did a lot apart from the goals which wouldnt have been had the keeper been half decent. A profit overal for the day though

ReputationRep:
    Anyone betting on any of the 3 matches tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    Anyone betting on any of the 3 matches tomorrow?
    Holland vs Serbia, evens £20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghost101)
    Holland vs Serbia, evens £20.
    Whats evens? A draw? Im new to this

ReputationRep:
    Whats evens? A draw? Im new to this
    Even odds for holland. So if i bet a tenner i get a tenner on top of my stake. It basically means 1-1.

ReputationRep:
    So your betting on Holland to win?

Top one of this ... http://www.willhill.com/iibs/en/buil...oice=WC1296739 ?

ReputationRep:
    So your betting on Holland to win?

Top one of this ... http://www.willhill.com/iibs/en/buil...oice=WC1296739 ?
    Yes but in decimal format the odds would be 2.00.

ReputationRep:
    ok cool. im not too sure ... im waiting for the brazillian games i think

ReputationRep:
    I've seen reports around saying the little Argentinian doesn't want to sign for us anymore, but I checked the Pompey website and found this article:

Andres d'Alessandro, fresh from a month of relaxing with his family in Buenos Aires, today spoke to Pompey to clarify reports in the press in which certain quotes are attributed to him.

The player was keen to stress that at no point has he spoken to any journalists since the end of the season.

"I don't know where these quotes have come from but I have not said anything like it. At the moment I honestly don't know where my future lies but I know that Pompey have been talking to my representatives and to Wolfsburg about options that would see me back in Portsmouth next season.

"I made it clear at the end of the season that I really enjoyed my time at Pompey and I also said I would like to stay at the club and try and achieve even greater success with a great group of players. Harry Redknapp is a manager who rated me and wanted me and that is so important. I could also sense that with the new co-owner Alexandre Gaydamak involved, the future for Pompey is very promising and I want people to know it is still an option for me. The negotiations are continuing."

I'm pretty confused, and worried! I was very excited about signing such a brilliant player.

ReputationRep:
    Last i read he was headed to Benfica or Spain.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.