Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Minimum bet is usually two quid, if you're on betfair anyway.

And I'd think you have a chance at breaking even, but you will have to stick with it!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Robbie, that was for my WC FF team. Lehmann's in it and I was wondering if I should transfer him.

(Original post by Elipsis)
    Its like 16-1 for a penalty to be scored and 12-1 for a penalty to be missed, I can see myself coming out nicely if i put a quid on each of those for most matches.
    For what match?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris180)
    ok i THINK this thing is only giving me the scores once the game is over. thats a big THINK though. once this service sorts itself out its gunna be extremly usefull on saturday and sunday afternoons
    Really? Might be a firewall issue of sorts on your part. It gives me score updates live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Klinsmann is a stubborn *******.
    Now now, RobbieC .

What was Lehmann playing at for Wanchope's second goal? He seemed to be doing a back flip in the opposite direction. I think Kilnsmann will stick with him purely for the sake of consistency, they're a pretty fragile back 4. But yeah, Kahn is much better.

ReputationRep:
    As a fellow Pompey fan I would be ecstatic if we managed to bring Andres to Fratton Park on a full time basis. He could act as the catalyst that enables us to bring in further big name signings, having signalled our intentions in signing the little Argnentinian.

I can't help but feel that his agent is pricing him out of a move though, there was talk of £40k a week and we're not going to pay that.

What's all this about Defoe?? I know it's a pipe dream, but bloody hell!!

PUP

ReputationRep:
    There is not one German player who would get into the England team, Ballack included. However, count out the Germans at your folly. They are German, and thus are genetically predisposed to performing well in cup competitions as well as saving their best for England. Of course we could beat them if we came up against them, but then they could pull it out of the bag and send us packing if we got too over-confident

ReputationRep:
    And this is Kahn's last chance. Fair enough Lehmann was put in a bad position, but he could have dealt with it far better. It was shocking and awful how he just went in a random direction after it was kicked. And he came out when he should have stayed on the line-twice!!

Absolute rubbish-I love the way Kahn kind of wryly smiled as if to say 'I could've saved that'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screamcore)
    maybe one day you'll have an accident that requires facial surgery and somebody will say you look like a vulcan, real nice that.
    Actually Worf is a klingon....Gawd, get it right :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Well I don't know why money should be a problem comsidering we've just bid £12m for Defoe!
    kidding right

why would defoe want to go to portsmouth??? It's a step down, quite a big one at present too.

ReputationRep:
    Do you play online or actually go to the bookies? If online, which sites do you use?

(Original post by Mortimer)
    i did not think it was either of you two! for a pool fan farhan is pretty safe n you support the mighty reds so did not u would.

who could it be? i reckon a 'pool fan thou. it was rainy- cos i joked about 'pool strikers. fair enough i guess.
    Was it? I'd check back if I was to resub, but yeh. Must have been aaaaaaaaages ago, as I rarely rep anyone now. :p:

If yous lot had our midfield, or we had your strikers, the League'd be pretty stitched up. Surely it's time to splash £30m on a Veron or the like? If the League isn't to be stitched up before the season's started, Pool need to unearth a 25 goal striker, and the Mancs a midfield of some description. You need a midfield enforcer - as do Arsenal - akin to a Keane or a Viera. Carrick is not *really* that player. He would undoubtedly strengthen you, but you need someone with mobility and strength. Hands off our Momo, mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Was it? I'd check back if I was to resub, but yeh. Must have been aaaaaaaaages ago, as I rarely rep anyone now. :p:

If yous lot had our midfield, or we had your strikers, the League'd be pretty stitched up. Surely it's time to splash £30m on a Veron or the like? If the League isn't to be stitched up before the season's started, Pool need to unearth a 25 goal striker, and the Mancs a midfield of some description. You need a midfield enforcer - as do Arsenal - akin to a Keane or a Viera. Carrick is not *really* that player. He would undoubtedly strengthen you, but you need someone with mobility and strength. Hands off our Momo, mind.
    We do have significant midfield problems at United admittedly, i really wouldn't mind Sissoko. Just the type of player we need most. Now heres a question for you, would you like Rooney in a straight swap deal with Gerrard (rooney to 'pool, and Gerrard to United). Haha, interesting question...of course it won't materialize because Gerrard is a scouser (and a red one at that!) and all....and Rooney is an Everton fan....

ReputationRep:
    www.betfair.com... seems the most user friendly.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh.. if we got those wingers we want, it would probably favour us..
    you just play;
    Crouch
    Rooney
    Kewell Sissoko Alonso Winger
    and we'd prob so much more with Alonso having great passing skills..
    Mind we wouldnt have many bursting runs from midfield.. least we'd score more :p: but i doubt we'd ever get rid of Gerrad if possible cos hes pretty much the heart of the team at the moment with the likes of Carra
    SAY NO TO SHREK!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Tbh.. if we got those wingers we want, it would probably favour us..
    you just play;
    Crouch
    Rooney
    Kewell Sissoko Alonso Winger
    and we'd prob so much more with Alonso having great passing skills..
    Mind we wouldnt have many bursting runs from midfield.. least we'd score more :p: but i doubt we'd ever get rid of Gerrad if possible cos hes pretty much the heart of the team at the moment with the likes of Carra
    SAY NO TO SHREK!
    I think the Prem league title is beyond Man United and Liverpool. Thus the real league title and chase, is between Man United and Liverpool. This is how I (and many others i reckon) perceive proceedings It'll be an intriguing battle between Liverpool and Man United, very close i suspect.

(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    We do have significant midfield problems at United admittedly, i really wouldn't mind Sissoko. Just the type of player we need most. Now heres a question for you, would you like Rooney in a straight swap deal with Gerrard (rooney to 'pool, and Gerrard to United). Haha, interesting question...of course it won't materialize because Gerrard is a scouser (and a red one at that!) and all....and Rooney is an Everton fan....
    In all honesty, no. I think Gerrard is the better player, and I'm trying (and probably failing) to be as objective as possible. Rooney's a special player, definitely, but I don't see him as influential as Gerrard. I suppose that's the difference btween a midfielder and a striker. Yes, Rooney can provide moments of magic, but it's much more difficult to truly grab and dictate a game from an advanced position. There are more skillful players than Gerrard, but very few could have done what he has at Istanbul, Cardiff (and the last season under Houllier, tbh). There's an appropriate quote from Sir Bobby somewhere.

There's still a lot for him to learn, however. He can speed a game up, but he can't control a game like Viera & Keane used to. That probably applies just as much to Alonso.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    There is not one German player who would get into the England team, Ballack included. However, count out the Germans at your folly. They are German, and thus are genetically predisposed to performing well in cup competitions as well as saving their best for England. Of course we could beat them if we came up against them, but then they could pull it out of the bag and send us packing if we got too over-confident
    i think their forwards are alot better than englands at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    ok i had it on for the start of the argentina game at the same time as the match to test it. it came about 2 mins after the goal, however that was faster then the BBC live text got it so its cool. id like it if it told u the time and who scored.

Fix it Knogle

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain how the decimal odds work? I'm only familiar with the fractional odds but the betfair decimal odds look good if i'm understanding them right. e.g. Luca Toni at 24.00 for golden boot - is this the same as 24/1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris180)
    ok i had it on for the start of the argentina game at the same time as the match to test it. it came about 2 mins after the goal, however that was faster then the BBC live text got it so its cool. id like it if it told u the time and who scored.

Fix it Knogle
    I'm not the extension's developer. It's probably in the pipeline though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.