Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    well maybe carrick is not the enfocing type of player that utd need as you said but i think he would make a good edition to the utd squad. also if utd do by riquelme then them to in the middle will be a mouth watering combination, with riqeuelme's silky skills and carricks passing ability.

ReputationRep:
    fix it knogle!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris180)
    fix it knogle!!!!!
    :rofl:

*waves wand in the air and chants some strange terms*

Almost there....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortimer)
    well maybe carrick is not the enfocing type of player that utd need as you said but i think he would make a good edition to the utd squad. also if utd do by riquelme then them to in the middle will be a mouth watering combination, with riqeuelme's silky skills and carricks passing ability.
    I don't think they'd play that well together - if Utd get Riquelme (I doubt they will) he'd need a tough Keane/Vieira/Makelele player to anchor the midfield

ReputationRep:
    It does mean that, yeah.

24 if you put 10 on and the bet works, you win 24x10 = 240, so thats profit of 230 - since you staked the 10 to begin with.

Think of it as multiplying your money.

ReputationRep:
    Im using freebetting.net for my tips and they said to put a huge bet on portugal winning so i put my last £7.43 on them winning and if i do i will nearly have my £10 back lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    My bets:

To Win
    £100 - England
    £20 - Ivory Coast

Top Scorer:
    £5 Drogba

Might have a couple more later. The £100 might seem a lot but I will probably 'lay off' my bet when we progress at lower odds depending on what happens
    What does 'lay off mean'?
    Anyone put anything on Holland? They look pretty slick.

ReputationRep:
    I had 20 on Holland winning and keeping clean sheet. Im now almost 40 pounds richer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I had 20 on Holland winning and keeping clean sheet. Im now almost 40 pounds richer.
    Well done

I hope Portugal do win later else all my betting money is gone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    why would defoe want to go to portsmouth??? It's a step down, quite a big one at present too.
    Because he worked with Harry at West Ham. His old players like to follow him around, so it really could happen.

ReputationRep:
    Common' then what does everyone think to Mark Lawrenson as a commentator.....?

ReputationRep:
    moved to football

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Top_Cat)
    I can't help but feel that his agent is pricing him out of a move though, there was talk of £40k a week and we're not going to pay that.
    If they're willing to pay a minimum of 12 million for Defoe, who will probably demand at least 50k per week, I don't see why wages would be a problem.

I think the reaon they are wary about paying that kind of money for D'Allessandro is that it's too much of a gamble. I mean, he played well for Pompey for the short time he was with us, but from what I've heard, he doesn't have the best temperament & I'm not sure he would be consistent enough.

ReputationRep:
    u think there forwards are better then owen and rooney?

ReputationRep:
    He makes me laugh. His jokes are painfully bad, his voice is hilarious (particularly love it when he says 'at the merment', and his constant use of the word 'argubly' do describe incidents where no doubt is involved.)

He does irritate me frequently, but I like the combination of him and Motson.

ReputationRep:
    Awful. "England are playing well". "Do you think England would like to keep a clean sheet Mark?" "Yes".

(Original post by Theresa Smells)
    Awful. "England are playing well". "Do you think England would like to keep a clean sheet Mark?" "Yes".
    To be fair, a stupid question merits a stupid response.

ReputationRep:
    He's an ugly, ugly, man.

That said, he's a **** hot footballer, and that goal he scored last year (charlton?) where he bent it into the top corner, was brilliant.

I'd like to see him come to our league, I feel it's good that the smaller clubs are bringing in top players.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much all of the BBC commentators are tits. And Gary Linekar is awful- 1bad pun, could be amusing, 100 bad puns, **** off. Alan Hansen is the only one worth listening to. Martin O'neil can hardly get his words out. I lost all respect for Ian Wright when he advocated the England team diving because "everyone else does it". Jonathon Pearce also did Robot Wars- nuff said.
    I did find Mick McCarthy quite amusing this afternoon though- another one with a funny voice.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should be alright with that one. How much have you lost? Or have you bet everything on this one?
    Still waiting for Justfarhan's super thread that will us all millions...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.