Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Utd have just been given 12m by Chelsea for Mikel (which they can use to fund Carrick), its only june, and everyone is saying 'utd need this, utd need that'. There is plenty of time for SAF to bring in two or three quality midfielders, potentially some of the players listed on this thread. Carrick is by no means a new Keane and i wouldnt describe him as a fantastic player, but, he does play very good football, often very well for spurs. Players tend to play better football when playing with better players. I think Carrick would be a good buy (14 million too steep though). Like Mortimer said, Carrick is a good distributer of the ball, he is confident going forward and he would make a great addition to the squad

ReputationRep:
    I started with just £10 in my account and put it all on Sam being evicted from BB and won £1.43 and also put £5 on someone winning the second half of their game and won a £1... then put £5 on england scoring the second goal (i thought they were going to thrash whoever it was) and lost that and now put my last £7.43 on portugal to win

I think after this im going to withdraw my money and open an account on bet365.com .. they have way more bets on things like number of corners etc!

ReputationRep:
    I got England 1st and Trinidad and Tobago 2un in group at 33/1, not 7/1, will win £170, not bad.

Which bookies are people using?

ReputationRep:
    you can get free bets on bet365 e.g bet £10 and they give you another £10 to bet. I've put in £20 in total of my own money with Bet365 and sky bet but made £35 of bets! Free money (unless you lose).
    It looks like Betfair has better odds though. Here's what i used to find the best deals...
    http://www.online-betting-guide.co.uk/free.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jose)
    you can get free bets on bet365 e.g bet £10 and they give you another £10 to bet. I've put in £20 in total of my own money with Bet365 and sky bet but made £35 of bets! Free money (unless you lose).
    It looks like Betfair has better odds though. Here's what i used to find the best deals...
    http://www.online-betting-guide.co.uk/free.php
    I just found that site whilst looking for tips .. looks good

Im using william hill at the moment and i dont see any sign of free bets yet

How do the free bets work with 365 then? Do they make it obvious when you have freebets to use?

ReputationRep:
    yeah you just register a new account, place a bet (which might have to be £5or more or something) and they email you a code to enter when you make another bet. Only certain bets qualify, like i don;t think you do it on something with really really short odds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I had 20 on Holland winning and keeping clean sheet. Im now almost 40 pounds richer.
    Yeh, i only won 20 because i only put them on the win. I thought with kezman and stankovic it wasnt worth it.

I put a fiver on mexico 6/5 to win just before they scored their goal. I was pleased with myself for about 15mins . Still defensively mexico look stronger.

I would reccomend bet365.com, from my experience they give better odds than william hill and ladbrokes. They give that free bet as well through an email. All these companies have great customer service because you can always contact them 24/7 and they want to get you up betting as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    No not borgetti!!

ReputationRep:
    cheers!

ReputationRep:
    i think he is okay with motty its pretty good. i dont like hansen all he seems to say is "fantaastic" or "disgraaace". martin never looks up reminds me of a child in front of a head teacher or something looks scared. gary is ok i suppose ian wright is patriotic as ever. BBC is better than ITV1 i cant stand it when david platt commentating arrrrrggggghhhh.

ReputationRep:
    hahahahahahahahahaha!

after all that revision, that has made my day. never noticed it before, lescott has a huge forehead-did not notice that either! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Go on!!! 2-1

ReputationRep:
    3 - 1. Tidy profit from betting on Mexico to score first and Mexico to Win.

ReputationRep:
    Im glad i brightened up your day.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to Borgetti??!

I bet on him for a goal, not much thankfully!

I just made 12 pounds profit, betting on Mexico win. My accumulator should also come through if Portugal win, and give me another 12.

I am set to be up 40 quid today.

ReputationRep:
    My Treble is still coming through- Only Brazil left for the england/mexico/brazil treble which will pay for my entire weekend boozing spree.
    £3.38 on Portugal to win 2-1 at 10/1

ReputationRep:
    seriously why does Sven keep picking him for the squad. he is a "holding" midfielder but Sven would prefer to play carragher i dont get it why pick him. He should have taken an extra striker defoe maybe bent but what has hargreaves got to offer i think carrick pretty much covers his role. maybe he is there to help with directions.

in the end if england do not win the world cup Sven selection will come under heavy criticsm. on the other hand if we win he will get knighted end up with a huge bonus and become the new Real madrid manager where he will get paid even more. alright for some!

ReputationRep:
    Think it will be that close??

I'd tip for the Portugal match 2.5 goals+ and Portugal Portugal for HT, FT winning. 5er for each.

ReputationRep:
    There is no point in hargreaves. His technical ablility is capped at passing the ball left and right and being criminally average.

ReputationRep:
    Think Angola are worth a goal and not many teams get off to a flying start in the first game.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.