Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    My Portugal to win bet is looking promising but even if they win i have still lost money from yesterday :p:

Someone mentioned fees ... do bet365 have fees?

We should start a betting society

ReputationRep:
    Portugal vs Angola...

Double Chance bet of Portugal or Angola with odds 1.02..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    So far in this World Cup I've made three bets, using the only £17.50 that I have :eek:

£5 on for Klose to be top scorer @ 20/1
    £4.50 for HT & FT Portugal [v Angola] @ 4/5
    £8 on for Portugal (-1 goal) @ Evens

At the moment, Klose is joint top scorer and Portugal are beating Angola 1-0 at half time.

I wouldn't be stupid to say that with my £17.50, I'll end up with £124.01p.

LOLZZZ. Farhan teh betting champion!112 Heh. :elefant:
    Whats the -1 goal thing all about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GεεRTHAN)
    Portugal vs Angola...

Double chance.. ? I don't understand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jose)
    Dixon?! Are you kidding? The man is useless. He is a narrator not a pundit, he just says the blindingly obvious. He and Tony Adams come out with things like "they'll be disappointed to go behind" - No **** sherlock.
    I agree about Adams, but Dixon is a good pundit. He has never been a narrator (or commentator) as your suggesting.
    Its not just about football sometimes, we need a bit of humour, otherwise Wrighty might as well get the hell out!

ReputationRep:
    Double chance.. ? I don't understand?
    means you are betting on Portugal to win or Angola to win ... so if either team wins ... you win your money! If they draw ... you lose

ReputationRep:
    Portugal vs Angola...

But Angola have like a 85 to 1 chance of winning, so there isn't much point doing that double chance.

1.09 for Portugul to win would be better, but you still wouldn't make much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    Whats the -1 goal thing all about?
    From the final result.. Take a Portugal goal away, and see if they've won.

For example; Final result: Portugal 3 - 0 Angola

Take goal away: Portugal 2 - 0 Angola. Portugal have still won, I get my money. If the goal difference between the two teams is one or less, I lose that bet.

ReputationRep:
    Portugal vs Angola...

lol, how much are you planning on betting. you realise you'll win £1 for every 50 you bet... and angola aren't playing bad.

ReputationRep:
    means you are betting on Portugal to win or Angola to win ... so if either team wins ... you win your money! If they draw ... you lose
    Oh right.. Yeah Portugal will win methinks.

Infact, in my opinion they'll score another 2 or 3 goals in the second half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chewwy)
    lol, how much are you planning on betting. you realise you'll win £1 for every 50 you bet... and angola aren't playing bad.
    I am thinking of starting of small...say a tenner....I know my return will be like 20p...but I feel starting off small is best...

ReputationRep:
    Your basically lay'ing the draw

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of starting of small...say a tenner....I know my return will be like 20p...but I feel starting off small is best...
    Is there any point in risking it for 20p though?

ReputationRep:
    as a general rule of thumb, if you're going to bet small amounts, you may as well go for odds say, geater than 1/5. a lot of people don't even touch bets less than 1/1. what if angola scored (which is very possible). how would you win the £10 back?

i have a reasonable pot of money to throw at bets, so i go for the lower odds. for example, today i placed a £600 bet. if you don't have a load of money to make these bets with though, it's risky, since one or two losses could wipe you out. so, go for higher odds. it's also more fun, arguably.

oh yes, and be willing to realise that you will sometimes lose bets. it's all part of the fun.

ReputationRep:
    With these live bettings...

Say it comes to like the last minute of the game...and u can tell if a certain team is going to win...even though the odds will be low like 1.02...say you put £1000...you can easily make £20...? Right..?

ReputationRep:
    GεεRTHAN, no need to start small.

Stick on a fiver for

Italy to beat Ghana
    France to beat Switzerland
    Brazil to beat Croatia
    Spain to beat Ukraine

Do it as one bet (accum).

ReputationRep:
    If you have a tenner..you dont need the 20p.
    Bet on half time/full time scores.. much better odds.

ReputationRep:
    With these live bettings...

Say it comes to like the last minute of the game...and u can tell if a certain team is going to win...even though the odds will be low like 1.02...say you put £1000...you can easily make £20...? Right..?
    Like i said..If you have £1000 you dont need £20.
    You are better throwing big money at bigger odds, but were outcomes are almost guaranteed.
    Do accums for example: Early this season i put £25 on a chelsea/Arsenal/Manchester united/Liverpool..And picked up close to £200 i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    If you have a tenner..you dont need the 20p.
    Bet on half time/full time scores.. much better odds.
    Cheerz for that mate! Just checked them out...

So say Portugal are 2-0 by the last minute...and odds are 2.80 on live betting...I can bet right..?

ReputationRep:
    GεεRTHAN, no need to start small.

Stick on a fiver for

Italy to beat Ghana
    France to beat Switzerland
    Brazil to beat Croatia
    Spain to beat Ukraine

Do it as one bet (accum).
    Can you do accumulators with online bookies? Are they seperate bets, or just a series of single bets?

I've never read anything about them except on this website.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.