Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Just go and post random tidbits in the thread I mad farhan, it's all good. We shall collaborate.
    Where is this thread of yours? Or is this it?

Edit: Im going to put £5 or £10 on Germany to win against Poland @ 1.53 (bet365) ... that seems pretty good odds considering Germany have never lost to them (http://www.online-betting-guide.co.u...h_21910635.htm) and even Ecuador beat Poland!

Or shall i do an accumulator with England to win and Germany to win ... £10 would return £7.52 if i win? Im not to confident with England winning though tbh .. i think just the Germany winning would be best.

ReputationRep:
    He and the BBC are blatantly biased towards Liverpool, didnt they show something like 4 FA Cup matches with Liverpool, plus the final? Just a coincidence i am sure...

They should share things like that around...

Then you have the commentary team including Lawro whereby he calls all the Liverpool players by their first names and everything they do is superb, regardless of how good it actually is.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The odds aren't good enough for that accumulator. Usually a good accumulator will have a couple of dead cert matches in, and a dodgy one, as Serbs vs Neths was yesterday. Held my bottle for that though, and got a return of 2.3x - beautiful.

I will probably also advise putting money on Klose getting a goal in the game, since its a good chance really! But that's in the future as far as games go, I'm still trying to decide how to approach today.

ReputationRep:
    I think I went a bit overboard on the first day of my betting...lost quite a substancial amount...mainly playing Hi-Lo/Virtual Horse Racing..lolz..

My initial aim from doing online gambling/betting was to make some money to help me arrange a surprise trip for my parents to Australia...and looks like I am not going anywhere...lolz...

Any advice..? Are there certain games from which I could make some quick money...?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, using gambling as a way of making real money sounds like a recipie for big losses to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    The odds aren't good enough for that accumulator. Usually a good accumulator will have a couple of dead cert matches in, and a dodgy one, as Serbs vs Neths was yesterday. Held my bottle for that though, and got a return of 2.3x - beautiful.

I will probably also advise putting money on Klose getting a goal in the game, since its a good chance really! But that's in the future as far as games go, I'm still trying to decide how to approach today.
    ok, i will leave the accumulator on that one and put my money on Germany to win ... they have got to win! Even Ecuador beat Poland lol!

About todays games, im not to sure on any of them .. Italy should win but someone said they never fail to dissapoint in this thread so i might do a double chance for Italy to win or draw ... only 1.11 but its pretty much a dead cert i would say. What do you think?

Edit: Put £10 on Italy to win @ 1.61 and im going to use my free bet (once i know how to use them) on Germany to win against Poland.

ReputationRep:
    well he did get rid off his mouschtache!

ReputationRep:
    Portsmouth don't deserve D'alessandro imo. It'd be a complete waste of talent. He belongs at a team well above mid-league.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jose)
    hmmm, using gambling as a way of making real money sounds like a recipie for big losses to me.
    Tell me about it...lolz...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GεεRTHAN)
    Tell me about it...lolz...
    How much have you lost?

Ive only lost 9p so far lol and if the two bets ive placed win then i should be on for about £11 profit :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    How much have you lost?

Ive only lost 9p so far lol and if the two bets ive placed win then i should be on for about £11 profit :cool:
    I rather not say...but its way way way way way higher than 9p...this was just on online gaming...

Better I stick to bets only...

ReputationRep:
    I think I will be doing live bettings today...rather than bets before actual matches...

Any other bets other than footie with good odds...? Just really want to cover my loses! Lolz...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GεεRTHAN)
    I think I will be doing live bettings today...rather than bets before actual matches...

Any other bets other than footie with good odds...? Just really want to cover my loses! Lolz...
    Tennis is ok, but you need to know the sport you're betting on well if you intend to make money. For example, a non-football person would assume from the odds that Italy will walkover Ghana, but anyone who knows how Italy perform at competitions would be cautious about backing them.

ReputationRep:
    Roy Keane has retired from football today. What do you guys think of him, was he a legend or just another footballer. Will he be missed or were you tired of his constant moaning.

I'm of the opinion that Keane's retirement is not a great loss to football. He was a legend and an amazing player in his day but his retirement from Celtic and football does not mean he'll no longer play a part in football, I reckon he'll go onto management now within 12 months.

ReputationRep:
    no great loss,
    should have been stopped after that tackla on old alfie, FOULING SCUM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    Tennis is ok, but you need to know the sport you're betting on well if you intend to make money. For example, a non-football person would assume from the odds that Italy will walkover Ghana, but anyone who knows how Italy perform at competitions would be cautious about backing them.
    Ah well, i just bet on Italy haha.

But i did my research on these sites ...

http://www.online-betting-guide.co.u...h_21910589.htm
    Its difficult to see any result but an Italy win.
    And http://www.freebetting.net/onlinebetting.php?g=84693

So im hoping i will be ok.

ReputationRep:
    Never rated him personally.

Put in some disgraceful tackles, no worse than that one on Haarland

ReputationRep:
    yep old alfie

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Man United fan - fantastic player sure, but he's a thug effectively. His challenge on Alfie Haaland for example. He will be known/remembered for good and bad reasons, akin to George Best.

ReputationRep:
    what can i say??? Had a good team, worthy of staying up, and im still bitter cos he cant manage a team properly. Last game of the season i was there chanting the players names he fell out with and got rid of along with most of the WBA fans. Was talk of riots outside the ground before kick off, and then he announces hes staying. WTF is going on??!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.