• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    Ah well, i just bet on Italy haha.

But i did my research on these sites ...

http://www.online-betting-guide.co.u...h_21910589.htm

And http://www.freebetting.net/onlinebetting.php?g=84693

So im hoping i will be ok.
    Yeah I think they'll win too, my point was that its probably not a dead-cert like a lot of people would have you think

ReputationRep:
    Because Nolan isnt international standard either.

ReputationRep:
    Stick to what you know.

ReputationRep:
    A midfield version of duncan ferguson.

ReputationRep:
    He was a great player especially or the republic of Ireland, but ill never forgive what he did to haarland, and he was a good player.

But truthfully i think he will be missed even if he was always whining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    A midfield version of duncan ferguson.
    I don't think so tbh. Ferguson was physical but good in the air, yet his ability to regain the ball is not as good as keanes. Keane wasn't too good in the air, his touch sometimes let him down and I don't think the two can be compared with any great deal of success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fletchinator)
    I don't think so tbh. Ferguson was physical but good in the air, yet his ability to regain the ball is not as good as keanes. Keane wasn't too good in the air, his touch sometimes let him down and I don't think the two can be compared with any great deal of success.
    I meant his Thug-like abilities really.

ReputationRep:
    The ''wouldn't like to spill his pint in a club'' factor, I truly agree

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I can just seem Klose or Podolski getting in ahead of Rooney, Owen or Crouch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I hate him but followers of German football insist he has been quality for Bayern. He isnt international quality imo, hes got over 30 caps now
    30 caps and 30 minutes playing time :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Because Nolan isnt international standard either.
    or is it because he isn't 'glamourous' enough??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    He and the BBC are blatantly biased towards Liverpool, didnt they show something like 4 FA Cup matches with Liverpool, plus the final? Just a coincidence i am sure...

They should share things like that around...

Then you have the commentary team including Lawro whereby he calls all the Liverpool players by their first names and everything they do is superb, regardless of how good it actually is.... :rolleyes:
    Lawrenson and Hansen dont decide what games they show to be fair...
    And the BBC get the 1st pick for fa cup games. European champions vs 1st division side is what the fa cup is made for - and it was a cracker of a game. Liverpool vs Man United is a ratings heaven and the semi final was a given. I think you've read a little bit too much into that one.

Like I've said before, I dont like Lawrenson's commentary or punditry. I dont think he actually says anything, just sits there smugly and comes out with the odd 'joke' or obvious comment. I dont think he shows that much of a bias - not like the likes of Jamie redknapp, Phil thompson etc anyway. The only reds player he calls by the first name I think is "Stevie Gerrard", but then I also always hear "Frankie Lampard" and "Becks".

He's just a **** tv man in general really...

ReputationRep:
    Wigan have the advantage of being rich though. I don't think any of the teams going up have half as rich a chairman as Dave Whelan

ReputationRep:
    I've put a bet on Italy/Italy for the better odds, nothing huge... but its about 2.5x, so its worth going for. Im hoping Italy will be 2-0 up end of first half, would be perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GεεRTHAN)
    I think I will be doing live bettings today...rather than bets before actual matches...

Any other bets other than footie with good odds...? Just really want to cover my loses! Lolz...
    Well if you can wait till the end of July then either Ivan Basso or Jan uLLrich will win the Tour de France. Barring freak injuries. You very rarely get complete upsets in a 3 week 3000km tour because it's so brutal. The odds aren;t so great though.

ReputationRep:
    Having said that 1.68 on Ullrich for a podium finish is as close to a dead cert as you'll get imo. He's finished top 3 in 6 of his 7 tours (he was 4th in the other one) and this year he won't have Armstrong messing with his head.

Carrick - more deep-lying playmaker than defensive midfielder, less tackling and mobility
    Carragher - positioning, tackling, organisation of a centre-half, distribution of a centre-half

Hargreaves is far more mobile and athletic than either of the two. His quality, I'd have thought, is in man-marking situations. Suspect when closing, and generally hasn't performed, but he offers something different.

Nolan? Please. He's not a DM. Should arguably be there in place of Jenas, however. The only alternative I can see for what Hargreaves does is Parker.

(Original post by Mortimer)
    seriously why does Sven keep picking him for the squad. he is a "holding" midfielder but Sven would prefer to play carragher i dont get it why pick him. He should have taken an extra striker defoe maybe bent but what has hargreaves got to offer i think carrick pretty much covers his role. maybe he is there to help with directions.

in the end if england do not win the world cup Sven selection will come under heavy criticsm. on the other hand if we win he will get knighted end up with a huge bonus and become the new Real madrid manager where he will get paid even more. alright for some!
    hes just a utility player and good to have in the squad i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    or is it because he isn't 'glamourous' enough??
    Crouch- Hardly the glamour player.

Legend!...my opinion.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.