west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    yes opinion
    history may judge the brutal oaf in a different manner

ReputationRep:
    Roy Keane was a man utd legend, a footballing legend and a fantastic player. He had, like many players, bad moments of his career, but i choose to remember him for the good ones. At his best, he was one of the best defensive midfielder in the world.

Roy Keane could not have been more red, he was utd through and through, loved and adored by the fans, especially the utd faithful who travel home and away.

'whining, oaf, thug, moaning' ........ as far as i'm concerned anyone sharing these views can f**k off. I dont mind watching people dig at many utd players, but ex red Roy Keane is not one of them. He was a fantastic player, thrilled he played most of his career at utd, couldnt have asked for more. Legend.

Usama-ahmed, Keane 'fouling scum', ok his tackle on haarland was out of order but fouling scum he is not. If players in current sides wore the shirt with half as much passion and pride that Roy Keane had then we would see a much higher level of football being played today.

Theres only one keano.

ReputationRep:
    I think Watford will have a sort of West Brom sort of season. I think they'll start off badly and then they'll have a bit surge and then they'll get relegated on the final day by someone really yuck like Villa for Bolton.
    As long as Reading go hurtling back down, I don't care. On saying that, I don't want to have to play them again and since I am 1000000000% sure they'll go back down, this really means we must get promoted ourselves. Chances for that currently stand at "cat in hell" level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chewitt_hemel)
    Isn't it wonderful

I've only just registered on here so i tohught i'd milk it some more, it was a wonderful day in Cardiff and throroughly deserved to win, played Leeds off the park and all their dirty fans can go marching on together all the way to Colchester hahaha.....you DO NOT belong in the premiership....you are NO LONGER a massive club.

After wiping the floor with Palace in the semis as we demoloished them at Selhurst park and making Andy Johnson look nothing again (not worth 8.5M)
    we went and smashed 3 more past Leeds. BRILLIANT

We are premier league sing we are premier league. I was there in 99 at wembley and my 10th year as a hornet will be in the prem.

We're all goina Manchester.....you're all goina colchester lalalala.

You orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrns
    Can I ask, are Watford supporters always as woeful as they were at Cardiff?
    Can you make any noise without those clapping sticks.

Speaking of clapping sticks, they should be banned from football for eternity.
    What ever happened to a good old fashioned sing song?

ReputationRep:
    http://video.google.com/videoplaydoc...95&q=roy+keane

puts viera in his place in the tunnel!!

just over half way through, he has a go at shearer who likes like hes going to sh*t himself. Brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Hargreaves is a decent player, he does consistently well domestically.
    He's never going to have a chance at playing for more than ten minutes though and historically, we tend to put him on when the game is either wrapped up or in disrepair, so I feel for him.

ReputationRep:
    hargreaves is useless, said it at the start, still saying it now. Defoe would have been a more useful option.

ReputationRep:
    the commentating is so bias, i thought they was meant to be neutral, they practically lick the english players ass.

ReputationRep:
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=394358&CPID=22&cli d=172&lid=2&title=D'Alessandro+b attle+rages+on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    Wigan have the advantage of being rich though. I don't think any of the teams going up have half as rich a chairman as Dave Whelan
    Yep...Whelan is rich unfortunately. I say unfortunately because it's quite annoying to see the Blades gradually build a team and go up after years and years of in the championship and teams with money like Reading and Wigan have gone up after just a few years in the championship after being promoted from league 1.

Leeds spent more on players (Cresswell, Hulse, Blake, Harding to name 4)than Blades, Watford and probably Reading but didn't go up. It's not ALWAYS how much you have to spend, it's how well the money you do spend is spent.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    Leeds spent more on players (Cresswell, Hulse, Blake, Harding to name 4)than Blades, Watford and probably Reading but didn't go up. It's not ALWAYS how much you have to spend, it's how well the money you do spend is spent.

Gem
    Agreed.

Although to be honest, it's the tactically inept manager rather than the players that cost us promotion. I'm very interested to see how you lot do next season though. I can't quite decide whether or not they will be bloodbath victims or perform some sort of great escape.
    I am secretly looking forward to that old ******* Warnock unleashing himself on the Premiership though. Warnock v Ferguson/Mourinho/Redknapp/Allardyce/Wenger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GεεRTHAN)
    I think I went a bit overboard on the first day of my betting...lost quite a substancial amount...mainly playing Hi-Lo/Virtual Horse Racing..lolz..

My initial aim from doing online gambling/betting was to make some money to help me arrange a surprise trip for my parents to Australia...and looks like I am not going anywhere...lolz...

Any advice..? Are there certain games from which I could make some quick money...?
    On virtual games you rarely win any money. The odds are against you so if you play for a while you will usually lose money. Its not advised.

There are no ways on making "quick money" or beating the system. Just take calculated risks on sports- its the easiest way.

ReputationRep:
    General news commentators over here, also even some sportscasters, tend to make fun of soccer football, they put it down. Really bad considering the USA has a team in the last 32. Makes me mad, so I just watch the Spanish channels, like Univision, where the beautiful game gets the respect it deserves.

ReputationRep:
    Its because the US is not accepting of all socio-economic backgrounds like most nations on the earth need to be. Soccer is one of the few sports that needs no equiptment to play. Basketball needs a hoop, baseball needs everything, american football?? forget about it.

On the subject matter. Even if you do not appreciate the football, the economy of GB will take a massive hit if we fail to win the tournament compared to if we do win the tournament. I know ill be spending more money if we win!

ReputationRep:
    Gary Linekar interviewed david beckham and goes "are you happy that you got a weak team like trinidad" although beckham was humble, its still a piss take.

now channel 3 has those mini movies for the 1966 world cup.........it was 40 years ago for god sake...concentrate on now.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have money on Australia? Must have been counting your lucky stars at the end lol.

ReputationRep:
    They are a weak team. It's stupid to patronise them and pretend they are anything but cannon fodder. It's up to them to change the worlds perception, not us to make them out to be better than they are. A draw against Sweden and they celebrated like they had won. That's an indication of their own views on their chances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    They are a weak team. It's stupid to patronise them and pretend they are anything but cannon fodder. It's up to them to change the worlds perception, not us to make them out to be better than they are. A draw against Sweden and they celebrated like they had won. That's an indication of their own views on their chances.
    Indeed. It's pointless to be otherwise deceitful, it's not like Linekar employed the word 'crap' or 'rubbish' - he used 'weak' - whether there was a 'softer' word to use. I wouldn't say 'weak' is that brutal, demoralizing a word.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i understand that but they must have done some thing to qualify, so you have to show a certain degree of respect and they was no need to say that to beckham.

i am supporting england through the world cup but the over confidence, trips back to 1966 and underestimating of teams is annoying me.

ReputationRep:
    I did
    Against all my best wisdow i couldnt stop myself putting £10 on Australia/Czech/Italy
    Any winning from that will be going on England/England

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.