Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    And I'm chuffed with the decision. It'll be nice to have a manager with some tactical knowledge after Dowies long ball rubbish. Hopefully he'll be given money from the AJ transfer to spend and he can bring in some Under 21's and get us promoted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    I don't. Wouldn't want 2 Liverpool players fighting would we.
    :rofl:

I just can't wait until the fight between Mr Sullivan and Mr Jordan :cool:
    Warnocks alright - just speaks his mind which he is entitles to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    I am certain that 99% percent of the people who criticise Hargreaves have never seen him play for Bayern.
    Actually i have on many times.
    I don't ever recall seeing him play badly enough for England to warrant the slating he gets from England fans.
    The two warm up games of the top of my head were atrocious
    It also doesn't help that Sven plays him out of position and only ever uses him in the last 20 minutes or so, when England have the lead and are playing defensively. Therefore he never gets the opportunity to make an impact on games.
    Like Carragher, except Carragher performs solidly at all positions he is told to play in.
    It also doesn't help that Sven plays him out of position
    Gerrard..
    I am certain that 99% percent of the people who criticise Hargreaves have never seen him play for Bayern.
    That is irrelevant also, unless he performs well in the england shirt it is insignifcant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    I don't. Wouldn't want 2 Liverpool players fighting would we.

There is more chance of United beating Liverpool next season, than there is of Carragher knocking Warnock (either one!) out.

Gem
    Hehe
    Carragher would have off your neil. Just wait till he gives a bit of lip and he does his carra scream.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Hehe
    Carragher would have off your neil. Just wait till he gives a bit of lip and he does his carra scream.
    I'm sure Warnock is very very worried about it already!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Bye Dan, have a good trip.

Cindy, jesus christ :eek:

*hands on hips* What??

Have a great time Dan and send us all a postcard hun.

ReputationRep:
    I must say that watching France today, I thought that they were very ordinary. Henry did not play as well as he ususally does for Arsenal, but France don't play the same way as Arsenal. Maybe he needs more support.
    France had little spark about them, and Switzerland could have and maybe should have beaten them.
    So, are France going to be a let-down in the world cup, or will they improve enough to be proper world cup contenders?

ReputationRep:
    They had no width whatsoever and that is why they didnt win in my opinion, the one dimensional style of play was mastered by Switzerland and so against the bigger teams they will come unstuck.

ReputationRep:
    Please look and give us your ideas.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=242691

ReputationRep:
    Where does Henry go during internationals, and how has he managed to hide his twin brother who is actually **** at football from the media?

ReputationRep:
    yes

simple enough

yes

ReputationRep:
    Why is Henry wicked for Arsenal but poor for France? He was hardly in the Switzerland game!

Is it the team's tactics? I know a lot of French people don't like the coach.

ReputationRep:
    He was very isolated and Switzerland didnt exactly try and play the offside trap probably due to Henry... which means no great runs..
    Henry could be amazing for France if they were counter attacking but Swiss were infact counter attacking and the French players just seemed lazy tbh

ReputationRep:
    You always get an unconvinving team coasting the tournament on pure luck. They still may pick it up though. Musn't lose to Korea.

ReputationRep:
    Didnt see the game myself but I would love Henry to be complete rubbish this World Cup. He can make up for it for us next season

ReputationRep:
    Henry doesn't seem to play with that swagger or arrogance that he does for Arsenal. It's probably best that he stayed at Arsenal because I'm not so sure he would have played as well for Barcelona. Maybe the premiership is just suited for him?

ReputationRep:
    There was no support helping him like there is in Arsenal games, he was made to play a sort of game that doesn't suit him.

Holding the ball up and waiting for support is not the way Henry plays, if France want to make the most of him they need to play him balls he can run on to and then support him straight away, then maybe we can see Henry's magic light up this world cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I must say that watching France today, I thought that they were very ordinary.
    At times Brazil looked very ordinary as well. Croatia could have beaten them soundly if they had taken their chances. But like France, they will get better. And they are the kind of team that can play badly for 75 minutes and still thrash you.

So I wouldn't go writing either of them off just yet. England on the other hand...

ReputationRep:
    France were playing Switzerland and they couldnt capitalise in the slightest. They will struggle to qualify if they keep up that performance.
    Brazil were poor, but will qualify even in first gear.
    England will get better

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.