The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

England have no one to fear from what i've seen so far.
Reply 6641
amazing match, loved it.
Argies and the Czechs looked good.
Reply 6643
NDGAARONDI
What do you have against Reading exactly?

Can't stand the fans, probably the crappest away support I've ever seen at Elland Road.
Reply 6644
Released next thursday, 22nd i think, so who do you all want to face for the opener of the season? Being a utd fan home to the scousers (red ones) would be a great opener.
France have been a let-down since they won Euro 2000. Why the hell they didn't take Guily from Barcelona, I don't know.
Reply 6646
mancred
Released next thursday, 22nd i think, so who do you all want to face for the opener of the season? Being a utd fan home to the scousers (red ones) would be a great opener.

I'd like Sunderland away, but only if we win :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I don't mind (any premiership team :biggrin: ) but I'd rather not have Reading or Watford just because it's dull with playing them both twice last season.

Gem
Yeah, France let me down. Had good money on them winning, morons. Brazil were disappointing, but at least they did it by the end!

Crazy.

I hope France get knocked out, was horrific to watch.
Brazil's team is not as good as i thought. Ronaldo is a fat bast, and will not be getting fit for the rest of the tournament. Emerson and ze roberto looked past it, and their defence is very average!

Czech's have been the best team so far.
Czechs, Argies and Portugal have all looked good.

Figo especially!
Yep, Figo is still going strong. Lovely to see.

I was impressed by Argentina, Italy and the C Republic.

Italy would have looked better if they weren't kicked to **** by the DISGUSTING Ghana team, who weren't interested in playing football but making seriously questionable challenges on Italy.

Why the ref didn't red the guy who lunged at thingy through on goal I don't know. I don't care if he was offside, makes it even worse... because then it's not even a tackle attempt anymore.
Yep, Figo is still going strong. Lovely to see.

I was impressed by Argentina, Italy and the C Republic.

Italy would have looked better if they weren't kicked to **** by the DISGUSTING Ghana team, who weren't interested in playing football but making seriously questionable challenges on Italy.

Why the ref didn't red the guy who lunged at thingy through on goal I don't know. I don't care if he was offside, makes it even worse... because then it's not even a tackle attempt anymore.
PReferably an away game first as im on holiday and avoid the recently promoted. City would be a good one.
Liverpool - Man U/Everton/Chelsea first game would be interesting, especially seeing how the T.O sold it if it was a home game.

Although we play Chelsea in the Charity shield in early August so I wouldn't really want them.
Arsenal fan seeks Chelsea at home. Come to the Emirates and let us show you how serious we are about wanting the title.
Raul is a very talented and seasoned forward.

Torres will be Spains most prolific star in the WC, Raul will be second, but will still be a commanding presence. Villa will be used as relief when the others aren't fit, or Spain are needing more attack.
Ronaldo was booed today by some Brazillians, because hes horrendously bad, and they expect more from him... Then again expectation like that isn't even there for Hargreaves, so he should at least get a neutral reaction for being average.
raul - torres - villa

I think Spain should play with all three. It's true that Raul is not the player he used to be, but he is a talisman for the Spanish, and has passion for the game unlike the lack lustre Ronaldo for Brazil. Torres and Villa definitely should play judging by their performances in La Liga.
They didn't have too many when they came to Selhurst either, and we're much closer to Readin than Leeds. Bear in mind, this was when they were top of the league

Latest