Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

Yes, they may have won more World Cups than anyone else and have loads of good players, but is it necessary for the BBC to verbally butt-$$$$ them like they were the second coming or something? Its amazing that Motson doesn`t seem to notice any pass that goes astray. Motson creamed his pants at least 20 times, I reckon he has even had a Brazilian. I like Brazil but Motson makes me want to vomit.

ReputationRep:
    Well last season we (Everton) had Man U at home, and the season before that we had Arsenal at home.. so this season I'm expecting Chelsea at home. But I don't really mind who we get, as long as we win!

ReputationRep:
    I know I hated it too.

It would be dull if Brazil won it AGAIN but what gets me is that everyone seems to want Brazil to win the world cup AGAIN. They've just won 2 out of the 3 last world cups and being finalists in the other, but people are rooting for Brazil to win the the world cup? :confused: It's like everyone wanting Federer to win Wimbledon again this year or Schumacher winning F1. BOOOORING.

I mean I heard Alan Hansen at half time go "What the game needs is Brazil to get a second and push on from this lead to entertain us again". No what the game really needs is Croatia to equalise to make it more interesting contest.

Sure they play nice football but uh, I'm getting tired of Brazil in World Cup finals, and people wanting them to get there. Hopefully we'll get two different nations for once this time.

ReputationRep:
    Does it annoy anyone else the amount of diving going on, its pathetic they are footballers not actors. If there is any diving the referee should just give the diver a yellow card. It isnt necesarry and then when you watch the reply you might see they got tapped on the leg and then go down squirming rolling around clasping their legs. then as soon as a free kick is given they jump back up and start running again really annoys me the game is stopped every other minute for free kicks. Sorry just having a rant, what do you all think? I think FIFA is corrupt.

ReputationRep:
    replay sorry not reply

ReputationRep:
    Its annoying and frustrating, but its in the players hands, not much we can do about it. Its very difficult for the ref as well, some of the players are so convincing it is dissicult to tell whether the dive is number 1 real in the first place and number 2 whether it has caused serious injury. The was some of them scream and roll around, you cant blame the ref for sometimes giving the cheeating ****s the benefit of the doubt.

Yep, France don't play the kind of flowing and fast passing game that makes Henry score so many goals.

ReputationRep:
    And what was it with Kakar and Didar?

ReputationRep:
    CarCar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    And what was it with Kakar and Didar?
    When they can't pronounce the names of players, it really gets on my tits! I can't stand Motson!

ReputationRep:
    yes.

Speaking of pronunciation of names, i always thought Rosicky was pronounced Rosicky, not Rositsky.

ReputationRep:
    exactly there was too much pressure on henry, all the french players thought he could jus work a bit of magic without support. Wiltord was especially poop in helpin him out n so was viera...

ReputationRep:
    n i swear he mixed up ronaldhino n ronaldo in the startin line up...

ReputationRep:
    naa france will kik ass...by that i mean they'll actually score a goal this world cup...

ReputationRep:
    i think at arsenal he is the heart and soul of the team and he knows that. maybe when playing for france he is over-shadowed by the player. for there next game i would like saha to start up front and they shold drop viera he was awful, by doing this it will allow makelele to play hyis natural game where he can sit back and defend and allow zidane to roam across the midfield

ReputationRep:
    I agree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Ronaldo was booed today by some Brazillians, because hes horrendously bad, and they expect more from him... Then again expectation like that isn't even there for Hargreaves, so he should at least get a neutral reaction for being average.
    Ronaldo got booed because he is overweight and looked completely disinterested. I can understand why the fans would boo for that.

Hargreaves, on the other hand, always gives his best. You would not see him plodding around with his hands on his hips. Therefore I find it even more astounding that our 'fans' are so unfair to him.

ReputationRep:
    Henry rarely comes up against world-class defenders in the Prem. And when he does, he rarely plays amazingly well. Perhaps that is why he consistently underperforms for France :confused:

Or maybe he simply isn't the genius that he is portrayed as.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    Speaking of pronunciation of names, i always thought Rosicky was pronounced Rosicky, not Rositsky.
    Probably because people from Czech Republic don't pronounce words like English people. :rolleyes:

It does drive me mad though when commentators pronounce names wrongly. You'd think that they would have loads of time to prepare before games and just do a bit of research in order to get it right. But no.

Some of them are truy awful... Mark Lawrewnson is the first that springs to mind. Motson is just as bad, if not worse. Every time he called Pirlo 'Pearlo', I had to squeeze the cushion next to me, to avoid screaming IT'S PEERLO!!!!1111etc.

He was nearly right with the Brazilians, though. The a in Brazilian Portuguese is like the a in father... but with Kaka, he was saying Kakar, rather than Karkar. Small mistake, but it still pisses me right off.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.