Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    Ronaldo got booed because he is overweight and looked completely disinterested. I can understand why the fans would boo for that.

Hargreaves, on the other hand, always gives his best. You would not see him plodding around with his hands on his hips. Therefore I find it even more astounding that our 'fans' are so unfair to him.

are you like his dad or something? LOL :p:

but he will never be able to sustain a place in the england squad it is too hard to get passed gerro and lamps. maybe he plays well for club and not country rather like henry.

ReputationRep:
    After what we know he can do, the Swiss defenders should hardly pose much of a problem though, should they?

The BBC pundits made the point yesterday that although he has played that lone striker role for Arsenal, there's always players from midfield bursting into the last third so he can play them in or something. But no one does that for France.

They were really disappointing yesterday. No pace in their play, and the only sparks of creativity came from Zidane. You heard Desailly say in the studio that this has been the case with the national team for the past 2 or 3 years, but since I haven't watched them in that time, I was expecting something really good. Now I know what he's talking about.

(Wiltord instead of Giuly...wtf?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortimer)
    are you like his dad or something? LOL :p:

but he will never be able to sustain a place in the england squad it is too hard to get passed gerro and lamps. maybe he plays well for club and not country rather like henry.
    Yes. I am Colin Hargreaves, and if you badmouth my son once more I'll chin you. :p:

Hargreaves is not the only player who would have difficulty sustaining a place in the team, because he and many others are not in the squad as first-choice players. But again, why is he the one who comes in for all the criticism?

I have yet to hear one good and logical reason for the abuse he's been getting. I'm sorry, but saying 'he's average' just isn't good enough. Apart from being untrue, it is unfair, and is certainly not a reason for people to boo and jeer at him.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfenai77-wg

watch it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    (Wiltord instead of Giuly...wtf?)
    Domenech is more intent on choosing players based on personality more than footballing ability. That's why Giuly, Anelka and Pires have all been left behind. Added to the fact that Domenech is a terrible tactician, he is an embarrasment to the French nation. I'm sure the 3 players I mentioned will have taken pleasure from seeing France play so poorly yesterday, just for the sake of seeing Domenech suffer.

ReputationRep:
    It's a well known incident among football fans of all generations since 1974
    I still don't know quite why he did it though :confused:
    I'm just waiting for a Togo or Angola player to do the same thing in 2006

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reloaded)
    It's a well known incident among football fans of all generations since 1974
    I still don't know quite why he did it though :confused:
    I'm just waiting for a Togo or Angola player to do the same thing in 2006
    haha me toooo.

ReputationRep:
    I used to watch German football sometimes, and the German commentators always pronounced Rosicky "Rositscky." So it must be a Czech thing.
    But there's no excuse for 'Pearlo', 'Kakar', or even 'Appear' which is actually pronounced "Appy-ah" (Appiah).
    All 3 of the above are Motson-related mispronounciations too.

ReputationRep:
    Henry rarely comes up against world-class defenders in the Prem. And when he does, he rarely plays amazingly well. Perhaps that is why he consistently underperforms for France :confused:

Or maybe he simply isn't the genius that he is portrayed as.
    Do all international teams have world-class defenders? Even teams like Latvia or Luxembourg?!

Henry has scored plenty of goals against Man and Chelsea, for example. They both have Rio and John Terry, who are probably the best two English central defenders.

ReputationRep:
    I fancy Colchester or Southend. Looking forward to some old school terracing.

ReputationRep:
    Classic vid should happen more often

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC_Girl)
    Liverpool - Man U/Everton/Chelsea first game would be interesting, especially seeing how the T.O sold it if it was a home game.
    Knowing our TO they would sell tickets on height and eye colour.

ReputationRep:
    The brown nosing of Brazil last night was sickening.
    Every time ronnnie got the ball Motson was having an orgasm and when Cacar hit that **** into the top corner im sure he cummed all over Lawros Tash.
    Brazil were ****, and yet they still couldnt say a negative word.

ReputationRep:
    Half way through the first half I turned off the commentary because I was having trouble hearing the crowd over Motson's excited slurps as he thrust Brazils penis into his mouth over and over again

ReputationRep:
    Its certainly annoying but the imaginary card waving is the worst thing in modern football, never seen that happen 20 years ago.
    At least the WC refs are stamping down on it.

ReputationRep:
    Torres just scoured a beautiful goal.

ReputationRep:
    Hargreves is underrated.

ReputationRep:
    Probably because people from Czech Republic don't pronounce words like English people. :rolleyes:

It does drive me mad though when commentators pronounce names wrongly. You'd think that they would have loads of time to prepare before games and just do a bit of research in order to get it right. But no.

Some of them are truy awful... Mark Lawrewnson is the first that springs to mind. Motson is just as bad, if not worse. Every time he called Pirlo 'Pearlo', I had to squeeze the cushion next to me, to avoid screaming IT'S PEERLO!!!!1111etc.

He was nearly right with the Brazilians, though. The a in Brazilian Portuguese is like the a in father... but with Kaka, he was saying Kakar, rather than Karkar. Small mistake, but it still pisses me right off.
    Leonardo said Kaka rather than Kakar or Karkar

they had a poor game yesterday but still got the 3 points..i'd fancy our chances against them based on that performance.

ReputationRep:
    Based on today, Villa, Torres, Raul.

And Villa is a decent bet fot golden boot.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.