• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Past it imo
    I agree he is past his best but today and bolton is a perfect example of what he can bring to the team. He is the difference between a 0-0 and a 1-0. He is worth at leats 6 points a season on his own, if we had him from september we would be in a stronger position for 2nd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    What a man he really is. One of my favourite players regarding how he acts on and off the pitch. How he reacts to the continious racial abuse in spain is amazingly strong.
    This is great for football, proof that not every player is motivated by captial gains.
    Reacting to it and doing monkey celebrations is not the way to deal with it imo.

ReputationRep:
    Past it imo
    Past what? His best? I agree. But he's scoring goals and winning us games. He didn't cost a thing and has probably made back his salary (at least the portion that LFC are paying) in shirt sales alone. I don't really see your point. It would be silly to not sign a player you know can do a job simply cos he's not at his absolute peak

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if my comments are close to the bone, but i fail to see how i can be expected to have respect for people who died when i was a wee nipper and i didnt know any of them and it didnt affect me every day. People die every day is my argument...

Anyway i apologise if they were unneeded but i think the minutes silence which was spookily silent was enough to remember them rather than delaying the game.

Apologies but its just my view.

ReputationRep:
    I would just like to re-state that i send my gratitude to your fans who acted impeciably during the minutes silence. I expected there to be some boos but to be fair you all did your club proud.

ReputationRep:
    It was scarily quiet... not even a cough. really really wierd...

ReputationRep:
    Respect was shown today as it should have been.

Blackburn away is always a good day out and I am glad that many fans got to go to the game who wouldn't of if it was yesterday. In the end the right thing was done and Blackburn were great to us throughout the whole saga.

Justice for the 96.

ReputationRep:
    I like the way he says 'I dont play for money alone' so he joins some random Saudi club who are blatently loaded and are paying him a bomb.
    Well thats not entirely true. It looks like that if he plays for them, they build a soccer academy in his home country, Cameroon. Cameroon would benefit greatly from such investment. Its about more than money.

ReputationRep:
    I like the way he says 'I dont play for money alone' so he joins some random Saudi club who are blatently loaded and are paying him a bomb.
    exactly what i thought

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or is this not on the BBC Sport website? Suggesting it may be *******s?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    He'll shine once again, no doubt.
    Like I said.

ReputationRep:
    couldn't even find it on the barca official website. i'm doubting that it's true, but it's not exactly all over the net.

ReputationRep:
    I am very undecided. Obviously, I would never deny that Hilsborough was a massive tragedy but I am also a firm believer that history should remain in the past. I'm not saying it should be forgotten or disrespected, but you can't move forward when you keep dragging things up.

As a Leeds supporter, I know a lot of people who keeping dragging up the Loftus/Speight thing. Again, this was a tragedy, particularly because of the maliciousness involved, but I do wonder how the family of these men feel everytime a (well intentioned) Leeds fan brings up their deaths.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing i found disrespectful throughout the day was one Liverpool song... I now understand that it is a very old song that they have sung for ages but at first i assumed it was something to do with Hillsborough, and i thought yesterday should have been one day when it was maybe a good idea not to sing it - the one that goes "We hate Nottingham Forest"... as anyone who is young or has Hillsborough in the front of their mind could take that in a different way to how it is meant.

ReputationRep:
    http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/mmsource...4/14/eto-o.jpg

ReputationRep:
    i meant to write 'not doubting' but cool. would be a bugger if he got injured for months during this loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    What a man he really is. One of my favourite players regarding how he acts on and off the pitch. How he reacts to the continious racial abuse in spain is amazingly strong.
    This is great for football, proof that not every player is motivated by captial gains.
    Spain's racism seems to be a real problem...what are they, in a time-warp?

ReputationRep:
    That song is as old as my grandad, and i dont see how it can be related to hillsborough apart from that they happened to be there at the day. The nottingham forrest fans behaved impeciably and it was no way there fault. I can see how it could be interperuted and maybe our fans should of had some common sense not to sing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Spain's racism seems to be a real problem...what are they, in a time-warp?
    Thats seems right, but what is even more disgraceful is the double standards uefa are imposing. Liverpool fans were fined thousands when we threw a few bottles at juve fans taunting us. Roma fans slash boro fans, inter fans attack their own players and the whole spanish league takes active part in monkey chants and they do nothing. It will take a bold move, like eto'o walking off for them to finnally act. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I had never heard it before, hence why i assumed it was to do with Hillsborough... Only when i commented to my dad and he reminded me that forest used to be a decent team did i understand.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.