The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They should check him for lazy-itis
Hope he's alright because on his day he the best striker in the world and has been for ages.
I hope he's alright, he got alot of stick after the game but if there was a problem that could explain it.
I don't think he will be pushed into coming back to early because it seems like he is the one who wants it the most. If he is not 100% fully fit Sven shouldn't even be considering him, but I can't see him playing a part today.
calderstonesLFC
Knowing our TO they would sell tickets on height and eye colour.

It certainly wouldn't be something sensible.

calderstonesLFC
Would quite like blackburn away/home second game of the season though. Maybe could have a pint with our resident burnie.

Quite like Blackburn away towards the end of the season as it's a goodun.
Reply 6785
I hope hes ok. Hes a lazy sod so wen england play brazil in da world cup final he wont do anyfin against us:biggrin: . COME ON ENGLAND!!!
Reply 6786
Well im a city fan so we always end up gttin arsenal away or sumin but i ope we get United at home...nice easy win AGAIN!!
Reply 6787
As a pompey fan Chalton at home start with a win over Dowie.
^ Haha, always bring the subject back to England :p: I hope he performs better against Australia though. It was a bit sad seeing him play poorly aswell, especially if you watch video's of what he was like at his peak. This one's just mind-blowing:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6929277165700686790&q=ronaldo
Reply 6789
They've got bettr players tjan him nw neway...Adriano, Robinho...Ronaldos time is comin to an end...shame tho...hes one of the best players ive seen!
He had everything you would want from a striker, power, pace, skill and finishing ability. Probably the best finisher the world has ever seen
Economist
He had everything you would want from a striker, power, pace, skill and finishing ability. Probably the best finisher the world has ever seen

Probably the best striker of his generation, but he hasn't reached the peaks since his knee injury- even though he was top-scorer in 2002. I would argue that Romario was a better finisher, but nowhere near as good a player. Pele, Puskas, Muller, Greaves etc would be in with a shout for best finisher too imo.

I wouldn't write him off just yet, I guess his finishing could carry him through this tournament, though it would require precision passing to give him the opportunities.
^ true,he is a legend.Unfortunately like every legendary player he's had bad injurys(maradona,van basten,garincha).But i would never doubt him,hes just too good.Hope he comes to form and gets the world cup goal record.All these ppl that are saying he's bad are the same people that will be crying when he scores against their team.
Reply 6793
Fusion
Why is there a need to rush him back for an easy match against trinidad and risk making matters worse. I would expect england to beat them without rooney no problem whatsoever. Its just that Sven is getting desperate.

he needs match practise thats why....we cant leave him until the quarter finals to nature him into match practise...why not do it now....15 minutes at the end of Trini and about hald an hour against the Swedes.
I'm cautious, but then again, they've got some of the best physios and the like out there with the team. There might be an element of him being pushed, but I doubt they'd push him into it were he not ready.
Klinsmannic
Probably the best striker of his generation, but he hasn't reached the peaks since his knee injury- even though he was top-scorer in 2002. I would argue that Romario was a better finisher, but nowhere near as good a player. Pele, Puskas, Muller, Greaves etc would be in with a shout for best finisher too imo.

I wouldn't write him off just yet, I guess his finishing could carry him through this tournament, though it would require precision passing to give him the opportunities.

It certainly was a great shame that knee injury, especially at a time when he was playing so well. As you point out though you cant write him off. Still banged in loads of goals for Madrid up until this year. Even though he has lost his pace and gained weight he still has a quality right boot.
Reply 6796
the main strikers at the world cup havent hit form have they....poor first games, Ruud,Henry,Ronaldo,Adriano,Podolski,Owen.....what do you guys think?
Reply 6797
dogtanian
I'm cautious, but then again, they've got some of the best physios and the like out there with the team. There might be an element of him being pushed, but I doubt they'd push him into it were he not ready.

well his foot is healed and hes been doing full intensive training....i dont think 15 minutes at the end would make a difference in my opinion.
Klose is Germany's main striker. Podolski is more a number 10.

And generally, yes, you're right. Though Adriano did not play badly really... just didn't have any help till Robinho got in there.
Reply 6799
if rooney is used today he'l only be used in the last 15 - 20 mins. but what is worrying is that defeneders wont hesitate in givin him rough tackles and this really could mess him up for the whole tourny. but giving him this 15 mins or so will increase his match fitness and hopefully get him sharper to playin in the important games for england.

Latest