Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    well look at his weight, he certainly aint got the pace that he used to but he just seemed lazy in that match, like he couldnt be bothered (i dont know whether out of arrogance or hes unfit)

ReputationRep:
    Henry is the same player that plays for Arsenal and plays for france, its obviously something to do with the rest of the team, why he cant perform.

ReputationRep:
    I think some people are picking the wrong person for a scapegoat. Hargreaves is a very good player at what he does. Unfortunately, he is not a player who plays attractive or positive, attacking football. He is very good at breaking up attacks and playing simple passes. Arguments made for carrick are flawed in my opinion - all we need in a holding player is someone to play 5-10yard passes - otherwise we bypass gerrard and lampard - our two best midfielders. carrick always looks to play a long ball which completely messes up our style of play. hargreaves only comes on for the end part of matches to do a dirty job and tie up the midfield. if anything, blame sven for his negative tactics rather than hargreaves who is just simply doing his job.

ReputationRep:
    This time next week we will know who's got who.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    That is her, i have seen her walking around liverpool before.
    She is a lucky girl.
    er...no. He's a very lucky boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    er...no. He's a very lucky boy.
    No no..any girl would be made up to have crouchie :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC_Girl)
    Quite like Blackburn away towards the end of the season as it's a goodun.
    They are good for aways blackburn.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for a home game, cant wait to get back to Old Trafford

ReputationRep:
    He still scored 14 in 25 for Madrid this season.

ReputationRep:
    Anything that'll see Mark Gonzalez play. I really don't care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ale)
    Yea I noticed the pronunciation thing too. Worst one was in the Italy game, Perlo, Gilardinio and Giliardinio. Yet they managed to pronounce Iaquinta quite well. Is it really that difficult to do a bit of research and at least get the names right.
    No, it really isn't. You're absolutely right.

David Pleat - how did I miss him? He is shocking. Listening to him pronounce the Spanish names was painful. He said David Villa as if it was an English name, he constantly missed off the 's' in Luis Garcia's first name, and countless other howlers.

I'm not saying that commentators have to get it spot-on all of the time, but they should at least make an effort. David Pleat doesn't even try.

ReputationRep:
    How exactly do you say "Eboue" I swear it's Ebou-e....but in the champions league commentary they said Ebou-i.

ReputationRep:
    all 4 of the starting english midfield (cole ,steve g ,lamps, becks) can play in the centre. carrick is a suitable deputy if one of the middle 2 are injured. lennon and downing cover the wings. with that in mind, why do we have jenas and haregreaves? surely a striker would have been more useful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parrotman)
    How exactly do you say "Eboue" I swear it's Ebou-e....but in the champions league commentary they said Ebou-i.
    Ebou-ay

Some commentators for Cisse say SiSi when it's Si-say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Ebou-ay

Some commentators for Cisse say SiSi when it's Si-say
    Yep, what s/he said, as it's an e with acute accent.

Chris Waddle calls Cissé 'Sissy', and he says it in all seriousness.

ReputationRep:
    Eb-ooh-ay

ReputationRep:
    rooney was gud 2day, u cud tell he needed the half hour to sharpen himself up agen!

yep sure did!...told ya he'll be ok ...Lennon did great too.

ReputationRep:
    lennon n becks were excellent must admit neva thought it was gna work!

well Becks went to an attacking full back position...i dont think he'll play there again unless we need to go 3 at the back!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.