Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    God Crouch is so tall, only thing he did was stayed near goal, and headered the ball whenever it came his way, and even missed at first.

Anyway, all the others great job!

we left it so late though!....phew!!!

ReputationRep:
    gerrards goal was amazing, off his weaker foot too!

absolutely brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axon)
    God Crouch is so tall, only thing he did was stayed near goal, and headered the ball whenever it came his way, and even missed at first.

Anyway, all the others great job!
    What a pathetic opinion. He did his best to knock down every ball knocked up to him.
    Everyone else did a great job? Are you having an unfunny disgusting laugh?
    Frank Lampard couldnt score if his whole life depended on it.
    OWen was poor, isnt at all half fit.
    Joe Cole did nothing but fall over
    Etc..

Crouchy was class.....Lampard was poor.....i say play Carrick instead of Lampard and let Gerrard attack!

ReputationRep:
    Then I was right to cringe every time he said ebou-i

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parrotman)
    Then I was right to cringe every time he said ebou-i
    Oh yes. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smokyjoe123)
    I think some people are picking the wrong person for a scapegoat. Hargreaves is a very good player at what he does. Unfortunately, he is not a player who plays attractive or positive, attacking football. He is very good at breaking up attacks and playing simple passes. Arguments made for carrick are flawed in my opinion - all we need in a holding player is someone to play 5-10yard passes - otherwise we bypass gerrard and lampard - our two best midfielders. carrick always looks to play a long ball which completely messes up our style of play. hargreaves only comes on for the end part of matches to do a dirty job and tie up the midfield. if anything, blame sven for his negative tactics rather than hargreaves who is just simply doing his job.
    I've been trying to say that for the past two days, but I'm rubbish. You speak the truth, sir.

My name is also Joe AND I live in Portsmouth. Weird.

ReputationRep:
    Cant wait till next thursday. I know its sad but ive been looking forward to that date more than i have the world cup.

Arsenal away would be a dream start. Being the first visiting club to play at Emirates would pretty feel good although probably not so good after the game!! If not, Sheff Utd away as we always seem to win at Bramall Lane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zlatan)
    It's odd how he snubbed the Charlton job, yet took this one.
    He never snubbed it. He just wasnt honest enought to admit that Charlton didnt want him. I think he is overrated personally and maybe now Hull City will have a better season.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds. Oh wait, may be next year. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Abit late, but sod it!

EI EI O
    UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO
    NOW WE GOT PROMOTION
    THIS IS WHAT WE SING
    WE GOT MARLON
    WE GOT MARLON
    WE GOT MARLONKINH!!!!!!!

I think with Boothroyd in charge we have a much better chance of staying up than last time and with some signings imminent i feel fairly confident that we can surprise a few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watford110)
    Cant wait till next thursday. I know its sad but ive been looking forward to that date more than i have the world cup.

Arsenal away would be a dream start. Being the first visiting club to play at Emirates would pretty feel good although probably not so good after the game!! If not, Sheff Utd away as we always seem to win at Bramall Lane.
    You and me both.

Time for a change then about the last sentence. Having said that, I've been to Watford twice recently and we've won both times.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so Sweden won today, which means that England are not guaranteed 1st place. There is still a chance that Germany could come in 2nd place in their group, if they fail t beat ecuador. Geramny play before us I guess. So, if Germany come 2nd and Ecuador 1st, do we try and not get 1st place in our group? Or, at this moment, are Ecuador tougher oposition?
    Questions to pose to everyone:
    1. Are Ecuador tougher oposition than Germany at the moment? Though there would be hype surrounding the Germany game.
    2. If Ecuador come 1st and Germany 2nd, do we try and come 2nd to avoid Germany?

Contraversial questions I know, but it has to be asked...

ReputationRep:
    The only reason we should come 2nd is possibly to set up a final with Brazil. Personally I think we would probably find Germany easier than Eucador. But you shouldnt play silly buggers imo. You would never see Brazil playing for 2nd place, we should not be afraid and believe in ourselves. To win the greatest competition on earth you should have to beat the best whether it comes in the last 16 or the final isnt important.

ReputationRep:
    personally I wouldnt mind deliberately avoiding brazil till the finalsl.

Can you win a golden boot with own goals?

i think we should just put in some good performances in order to beat anyone we come up against...id rather have an easy final with someone else rather than playing Brasil

ReputationRep:
    If England play Ecuador, they will win. If England play Germany, on paper they should win... but it would definitely be a far closer match than the former.

Being a Germany supporter and and England supporter... I'm a half/half person I'd like to see both progress and not play each other!

ReputationRep:
    Ecuador aren't that great - Poland were poor and the Costa Rican defence is shocking - conceded 7 goals in 2 games. Germany will beat them and so will we after beating Sweden.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.