Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrison1984)
    Erm, maybe that's because Brazil have won 4 times and England once. The papers go on about the world cup win 40 years ago, get over it. This is 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    Actually Brazil have one it five times, but I don't see why this should automatically make them favourites regardless of how they play. Two of Brazil's wins were before 1966!

I appreciate a lot of fans are now tipping the likes of Argentina or Spain over Brazil, but the media seem to be saying that England have no chance yet Brazil are still favourites. There's not a lot of consistency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Actually Brazil have one it five times, but I don't see why this should automatically make them favourites regardless of how they play. Two of Brazil's wins were before 1966!

I appreciate a lot of fans are now tipping the likes of Argentina or Spain over Brazil, but the media seem to be saying that England have no chance yet Brazil are still favourites. There's not a lot of consistency.
    i think england have a good chance, still in my top 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)

Two of Brazil's wins were also in the last 12 years so they do have a right to remain favourites. The truth is that we're used to being disappointed by England; so when we see two games of unencouraging football, you can't really complain to the critics. Brazil has a history of performing on the big stage, whatever their opening form is like, they've also only played one game and that's harder to judge by than two.

Given that, I still think Argentina, Spain and Czech Republic in that order should be favourites atm.

ReputationRep:
    It will be interesting to see who Hull appoint. They could go either way now, promotion candidates or relegation certaintities. With them trying to 'do a Watford' and get a good young manager I can only seem them failing and getting relegated, sadly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortimer)
    i dont think it matters if we finish 1st or 2nd we have a superior squad of players than germany and ecuador so it does not really matter who we play or where we finish
    Real Madrid technically have a superior squad than many of the teams they play. However, it's how well the team play together that matters, and England have not played too well as a team so far!

ReputationRep:
    I think they are in for Colchester manager Phil Parkinson

ReputationRep:
    Hull have also apparently expressed an interest in Southend manager Steve Tilson. Can't see him leaving though because he has already expressed his wish to guide the club through the next season and beyond and has previously said in public that he would like to remain in the South.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    Yes. 2-0 down and won 3-2. Brilliant day out as Watford always is.

You were easily the best side to come to BL and Unsworth was a **** for getting himself sent off. King played very very well that day.

Gem
    What did he do?

How's he doing in general for you lot? It'll be strange seeing him back at Goodison Park wearing red!

(Original post by Xenon)
    Real Madrid technically have a superior squad than many of the teams they play. However, it's how well the team play together that matters, and England have not played too well as a team so far!
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperCollin)
    What did he do?

How's he doing in general for you lot? It'll be strange seeing him back at Goodison Park wearing red!
    He was getting fouled by Eagles and he had decided he'd had enough and he raised his hands and pushed him away. Not like a punch but Eagles went down and the ref got the red card out. Lost us the game it did.

He's ok. When we first arrived he was really good but then later into the season he was struggling against faster attackers. One good thing is he gets the crowd going and seems passionate. Not sure he will start every game next season as we've got Armstrong who looks a good prospect at left back especially considering it was only a few months ago when he was told to end his career and take the money after a serious injury.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    I'd like a winnable home game. Nice to get three points on board at the start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    How can you pronounce the former as the latter?

Even if you are czech?

John Motson my ****.

ReputationRep:
    When the Ghanan's scored their second goal in their victory against the Czech Republic today, I was baffled to see one of their players showing and waving an Israeli flag to the camera in celebration.:confused:

And then again at the end of the match when the final whistle went.:confused: :confused:

Any explanations to shed light on this canny incidence much appreciated, as long as its not that the Ghanan players are Jewish.:p:

lol it was laughable though

ReputationRep:
    Well, you see, the Czechs speak a different language to us. This means they pronounce things differently. The 't' sound is a voiceless alveolar affricate and in many languages this is represented by the letter 'c'. Hence Rositsky.

ReputationRep:
    hahahah am also very confused. If he were jewish it would be a nice ethnic mix in the squad. I saw one of the guys performing a muslim prayer after the game too. And i'm sure there are a few christians in the team, too.

ReputationRep:
    lol yh. That player was Mohammed the left back I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    The 't' sound is a voiceless alveolar affricate and in many languages this represented by the letter 'c'.
    I can't agree more. (:confused: :confused: :confused: )

ReputationRep:
    ahh..fond memories of Ghana. My MUN country was ghana...i just can't tolerate essien. its the chelsea thing

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the flag thing either... glad they won though

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.