Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    What are you betting on? Him playing? Scoring?

ReputationRep:
    Sven said it ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Like last year rumours were Liverpool v Everton opening day.
    If that was us and getting Wednesday on the opening day I would have believed less than getting any other team. Just wouldn't happen.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    sven hoped he would start against sweeden, on sky sports news, 'we have just had news from the england camp that SGE will start wayne rooney for tuesdays match against sweeden'.

ReputationRep:
    4/7 !!! They must have changed them by now...

ReputationRep:
    Haha I was wondering what on earth was going on there, I thought it was the Mohammed guy doing it too as if someone had given it him without telling him what it was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloePrice)
    Ohhhh right, now it makes much more sense. But still, waving the Israeli flag still made him look like an idiot.

I mean I would love to see Cristiano holding up a St.George's Flag if Portugal win, same with Crespo, Or Van Nistelrooy. BUT I the probability of them holding up an English flag is next to nothing.

lol im finding it even funnier looking back in retrospect, I mean, OK - hold up your club flag/emblem but why the whole national flag OF A DIFFERENT NATION? :rolleyes: Do you think that some Ghanans may have though him a bit of a traitor? If I was a Ghana fan, I know I would be insulted by one of my players holding up the flag of another country!

What is the world coming to....

I thought of a similar situation - Owen Hargreaves, waving a Germany flag, after a major England win. lol, I don't thinnk he will survive to see the light of day if he did!
    He was wearing a Ghana kit, kicking a ball around that had 'Ghana' written on it and scored a goal for Ghana - Sounds like atraitor to me!

ReputationRep:
    player specials removed off now

ReputationRep:
    Interesting fact that I found out recently - the majority of jews in the world are in Brazil. Just shows that you can get people of different faiths almost everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by decola)
    He was wearing a Ghana kit, kicking a ball around that had 'Ghana' written on it and scored a goal for Ghana - Sounds like atraitor to me!
    Errrm, I'm saying that the fact that he was waving another nations flag around at the end of the damn match might have felt slightly "traitor-ish" to some fans. Jeeeeeezzz............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloePrice)
    Errrm, I'm saying that the fact that he was waving another nations flag around at the end of the damn match might have felt slightly "traitor-ish" to some fans. Jeeeeeezzz............
    Yeah. That guy isn't making any sense. It would be strange if Beckham started waving the Spanish flag after scoring or after the match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalparadox)
    Interesting fact that I found out recently - the majority of jews in the world are in Brazil. Just shows that you can get people of different faiths almost everywhere.
    Haha, wtf? That probably couldn't be any more wrong :p:

ReputationRep:
    sven has already said owen and rooney will start, so that means 4-4-2.
    i think he will pick:

robbo
    carra terry rio A.cole
    becks lampard hargreaves J.cole
    owen rooney

but he should pick:

---------robbo---------
    carra--terry--rio--A.cole
    --------carrick-----------
    ---beckham----lampard----
    lennon-------------J.cole
    ---------rooney------------

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    They've been pretty interested in football for a few years now in China and South East Asia
    HAHAHAHA

LH talks a lot of BS, I wouldn't be suprise if he was a yank because that's typical arrogant yank talk. He can't take it the US are absolutely sh*t at the most important worldwide game. If he actually thinks being a good footballing nation depend on the size of the population, or the crazy amount of money the Americans have put into the MLS, then he's seriously misguided. Man, if India were to take Basketball seriously, they'd be the best team in the world :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Beckham + Defending + Tackling = Yellow card

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robby88)
    sven has already said owen and rooney will start, so that means 4-4-2.
    i think he will pick:

robbo
    carra terry rio A.cole
    becks lampard hargreaves J.cole
    owen rooney

but he should pick:

---------robbo---------
    carra--terry--rio--A.cole
    --------carrick-----------
    ---beckham----lampard----
    lennon-------------J.cole
    ---------rooney------------
    err is this for always or just the Sweden match?
    Lennon isnt experianced enough, Rooney drops into midfield so that means Beckham will have no one to actual cross to.. unless your just keeping him for corners/freekicks (seems a waste without a natural poacher infront of the goal)
    Obv Carra should be replaced with Neville when fit...
    Lampard over Gerrad? Dunno about carrick either.. Hargreaves may be better :p:
    Rooney isnt fully match fit either.. so you have no real pace at front nor is Owen getting match fitness from playing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    HAHAHAHA

LH talks a lot of BS, I wouldn't be suprise if he was a yank because that's typical arrogant yank talk. He can't take it the US are absolutely sh*t at the most important worldwide game. If he actually thinks being a good footballing nation depend on the size of the population, or the crazy amount of money the Americans have put into the MLS, then he's seriously misguided. Man, if India were to take Basketball seriously, they'd be the best team in the world :rolleyes:
    They were poor in the first game but last night's performance was magnificent, lots more passion than any of the England team showed.

And, like I said, if every American school kid played football they'd easily become one of the best teams in the world - they have 250 million people to choose from and excellent sports facilities (unlike China etc). We all know it, that's why we're all quietly glad that they don't take 'soccer' seriously.

I think the fact that Brazil is the largest nation in the world that is passionate about football helps. The most successful European team? Germany. The largest European nation (by about 20 million people)? Germany. The link is clear.

ReputationRep:
    That's competley irrelevant. Football isn't like a school subject. Even if every American kid played 'soccer' it wouldn't mean jack. I don't think it's a sport which suits such a nation, in the last 70 years they have taken it very seriously if you actually follow World Cup history and after many disappointing campains and only a few positives such beating England in the 1930 world cup, it seems it's a sport they just cannot compete with the best teams in the world and the US cannot stand that. They have to be the best at everything.

Football doesn't work like, and we should all be thankful for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    err is this for always or just the Sweden match?
    Lennon isnt experianced enough, Rooney drops into midfield so that means Beckham will have no one to actual cross to.. unless your just keeping him for corners/freekicks (seems a waste without a natural poacher infront of the goal)
    Obv Carra should be replaced with Neville when fit...
    Lampard over Gerrad? Dunno about carrick either.. Hargreaves may be better :p:
    Rooney isnt fully match fit either.. so you have no real pace at front nor is Owen getting match fitness from playing
    just for the sweden match. gerrard is more important for the next round than lamps, so i would not risk him getting a booking. carrick is easily better than hargreaves. swedens left back is erik edman - formerly of spurs- and being a spurs fan i know he does not have great pace and is liable to lunge. if lennon is against him, he will have a field day. who is a poacher at the moment? crouch just holds it up, walcott is too small and weak, owen couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo? you simply cant drop beckham - one good cross could create a goal as it did against t&t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    I think the fact that Brazil is the largest nation in the world that is passionate about football helps. The most successful European team? Germany. The largest European nation (by about 20 million people)? Germany. The link is clear.
    This isn't politics :rolleyes: Germany are in the UEFA region and the biggest nation is Russia by 60 million people.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.