The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6940
India have a population of 1bn, why the hell are they not the best cricketing nation in the world? Despite every boy in India being born with a bat or ball in their hand.
Reply 6941
kpg
India have a population of 1bn, why the hell are they not the best cricketing nation in the world? Despite every boy in India being born with a bat or ball in their hand.

:congrats:
Reply 6942
Anyone who doubts that population is a major factor is an idiot. Clearly there's more to it than this, but I never claimed that there wasn't.

And kpg actually proves my point for me. I stated that if the USA took 'soccer' seriously, they'd be a major force due to its size. India takes cricket seriously, and last time I checked they are a major force in cricket.
Reply 6943
LH
Actually Brazil have one it five times, but I don't see why this should automatically make them favourites regardless of how they play. Two of Brazil's wins were before 1966!

I appreciate a lot of fans are now tipping the likes of Argentina or Spain over Brazil, but the media seem to be saying that England have no chance yet Brazil are still favourites. There's not a lot of consistency.

I don't understand why not... Brazil's recent record is pretty amazing and England have been playing terribly. Where's the inconcistency?
Reply 6944
john!!
I don't understand why not... Brazil's recent record is pretty amazing and England have been playing terribly. Where's the inconcistency?

The squad has changed somewhat since 1958! And indeed 1994. Therefore past victories are clearly irrelevant in terms of the current tournament.

My point is that when Brazil play okay and win as they did today and against Croatia they're deemed to simply be playing in first gear. When England perform poorly and win we're written off. Why does no one assume that we're just playing in first gear and will turn it on later in the tournament?
yea i see you point.. i would probably still drop Lennon for Owen he has more experiance and needs every game he can for the latter stages of the tournment.. i mean hes playing so badly he can only get better in theory :p:
That means Crouch is getting dropped because he wouldnt dare drop super owen.
Useless ****ing swede
calderstonesLFC
That means Crouch is getting dropped because he wouldnt dare drop super owen.
Useless ****ing swede

I've got a feeling he will drop Owen and play Rooney with Crouch
forkwise
I've got a feeling he will drop Owen and play Rooney with Crouch

Crouch is on a yellow card, so he might drop him to make sure.
Reply 6949
i think he should rest all major players utilise the players he has at his disposal. Try Bridge, Walcott, Downing etc etc
yes like siad before, he plays for Telaviv, thou just because i felt like haveing to add something, he plays for hapoel telaviv, as there is also macabe telaviv
I heard that the refs can refer to a screen to see a reply this world cup, but i have not seen them do it.
Reply 6952
You still havent said what bet you were talking about? :confused:
Looked good at the start but should have scored at least 2 probably 3 tonight
Current top 3 in the world.
Reply 6955
read the first post, it says there clearly
Reply 6956
I think its a bad idea. The world cup has had some fantastic fast flowing football. By letting the ref look at a screen it would take the pace off the game and prevent the flow and momentum that is often vital for teams to win.

I reckon for penelties and possibly direct free kicks then it could be brought in because it could help the outcome of the game, apart from that there is not really any point.
Reply 6957
Economist
Looked good at the start but should have scored at least 2 probably 3 tonight

:ditto:
Reply 6958
mancred
I think its a bad idea. The world cup has had some fantastic fast flowing football. By letting the ref look at a screen it would take the pace off the game and prevent the flow and momentum that is often vital for teams to win.

good point dude and totally agree....i dont like that idea at all!
So if they opt out of playing tomorrow's game and their remaining game with France...how will the group qualification work out..?

Latest