Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    They said on BBC tonight that an English Premiership club was interested in him. And after the Tunisia game, his price must have gone up!

Which Premiership club could sign him? Of the top teams, I think Liverpool need a striker the most.

ReputationRep:
    Pompey.

ReputationRep:
    Close to signing for Man Utd I heard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parag)
    It's one of those things that really annoy me when people consistently pronounce names wrong even though they know how to properly say them
    Jonathan Pearce was pretty good with the Spanish names. I was most impressed.

ReputationRep:
    Hes gonna go to Ac Milan, hes the perefect replacement for sheva aswel,fast,good ball control, gets into good positions.. They just need to bid for him and hes Milan's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Berto90)
    Did everyone see when Desailly was completely devastated that France drew with Korea, and Ian Wright was wetting himself laughing? :toofunny: that was classic.

And to clear things up:

"Iaquinta" - I-a-quin-ta or ya-kin-ta
    That one.

Damn, I missed the Desailly / Wright action. I like Desailly though. He is the most lucid and insightful pundit on the BBC's team.

What exactly is the point of Ian Wright?

ReputationRep:
    chelsea will probably bid sum crazy amount for him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by street)
    chelsea will probably bid sum crazy amount for him
    Yeah, purely so that no other team can have him. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they could! I hope they do.. at the end of the season both him and sheva will leave den.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blurboy)
    I know this is uncalled for cos football seems to be everyone's new religion! But don't you guys get bored with the WorldCup fiesta that's going on? Everything now is associated with football! You would see football everywhere you turn without fail! It's just too much and I'm sick of it. :eek:
    You don't have to watch TV / listen to the radio / go outside / wake up if you don't want to.

I've only missed 2 games so far. Almost half way through the tournament.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's the greatest show on earth

ReputationRep:
    screw the olympics, this is sport

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool I think. Benitez has some of the best Spanish players coming in and out of Liverpool at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Why would Torres want to go to Manchester for? Great if we get him but I don't think we will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Close to signing for Man Utd I heard
    I guess if Van Nistelrooy leaves they might need a striker. Saha can't score goals on a regular basis.

ReputationRep:
    he was meant to be going to united wth a swap with Ruud, plus i think £10m or something like that, but it wennt quiet after a while. Athletico apparently offered that to united. chelsea will probably pay him like double what all the other teams are offeriing put together!! its nothing new by chelsea, whoever united go for chelsea go for and get them because they got more money! lol! but i recon torres at united would be better then him at chelsea for some reason, and no i'm not a man u supporter (GRETNA FC !!!) torres and rooney together - not a bad combo if you ask me!!! united are meant to be favourites to sign him, but past history has obviously suggested that as chelsea are now in the running you never know: Essien, Robben, Joe Cole, Ballack, Kalou - the list is endless

ReputationRep:
    yeah i heard hes close to man utd too and im an arsenal fan...would love to have him alongside henry but we wouldnt stump up 25million only Man Utd and Chelsea will and Chelsea have their striker already so it wont be them. Hes all Utds in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomZT)
    Liverpool I think. Benitez has some of the best Spanish players coming in and out of Liverpool at the moment.
    Correct. Im afraid hes got most chances of going to liverpool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parag)
    It's one of those things that really annoy me when people consistently pronounce names wrong even though they know how to properly say them
    Completely agree. It just gives off a "you're not important enough to bother with" attitude for me. But the commentators do tend to do quite a good job. Apart from the one who kept calling DaMarcus Beasley from the U.S.A "Marcus da Beasley". Had me rolling!:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I support Liverpool, so would be great if he did come to us. We need some talent up front with Crouch, because Cisse is going to Marseille I think and Fowler is getting a bit past it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.