Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    No, but I asked a linguist about the pronunciation of Rosicky once and memorised their response so in future I'd look clever
    Well it's been a great success!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altius Tendo)
    Well it's been a great success!
    I'm a linguist, but I like to keep it quiet.

The World Cup is missing Des Lynam. They should ditch Linekar and bring back Des.

I may well start a campaign on this very issue.

ReputationRep:
    Im afraid Liverpool will always struggle to sign big players until they win the Champions League or have established themselves as one of the top 2 teams in England.

Torres will definitely go to either Chelsea or Man United if he comes to England. Ive also heard about the Torres swap woth Van Nistelrooy but it seems nothing happened. I think though it will be more than £10m on top since Van Nisterooy's value is dropping quickly. His goal soring record isnt as impressive, hes getting older and he only has 2 years of his contract left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghost101)
    Im afraid Liverpool will always struggle to sign big players until they win the Champions League or have established themselves as one of the top 2 teams in England.

Torres will definitely go to either Chelsea or Man United if he comes to England. Ive also heard about the Torres swap woth Van Nistelrooy but it seems nothing happened.
    Errr...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blurboy)
    I know this is uncalled for cos football seems to be everyone's new religion! But don't you guys get bored with the WorldCup fiesta that's going on? Everything now is associated with football! You would see football everywhere you turn without fail! It's just too much and I'm sick of it. :eek:
    Yep we hould scrap the rest of the tournament. Its gone on long enough.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    Errr...
    Lol *bangs head against wall*

ReputationRep:
    I meant doing well consistently. *continues banging head against wall*

ReputationRep:
    No chance he will go to Liverpool imo

ReputationRep:
    ro - zits - ski (thats how they pronounce it in all the fifa games atleast)

ReputationRep:
    I am so shocked.....the world cup...it is time to be proud of your country...something we are actually good at at a world level!!!!! hehehe lol! only kidding, spose if your not a footy fan it could be alittle naff and annoying :P

ReputationRep:
    Im afraid Liverpool will always struggle to sign big players
    The size of the club is enough to attract big players. Inter in Italy haven't won the Champions League/European Cup in years, yet they attract top players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghost101)
    Lol *bangs wall against head*

I know what you mean though. I don't think Liverpool will be able to sign the biggest names until either they win the Prem, or both Chelsea and Man Utd go bankrupt.

Neither of those things will happen for quite a while... so for the time being, I think they are stuck with Spanish cast-offs and free transfer deals.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought he was bound for Arsenal. Damn
    He is such a great player - and price will have doubled easily. I'm guessing £25-30 million.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea don't need Torres...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Chelsea don't need Torres...
    Better than letting Manu/Liverpool/Arsenal getting him.

ReputationRep:
    Having video replays is just a stupid idea, and the people all for it are probably armchair fans too. I agree that more should be done about diving cheats (Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy), but part of the love for football is the ref sometimes making the wrong decision. As with the feigning of injury which is happening so much in this World Cup, they should just play-on (apart from when there is a clear head injury for example) because some players are just trying to stop an attack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forza_milan)
    ro - zits - ski (thats how they pronounce it in all the fifa games atleast)
    In Pro Evo, they pronounce Gabriel Heinze's name as if he were German.

:banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    No chance he will go to Liverpool imo
    I agree, and not because he wont want to.
    Because our board seems to have a policy not to break the bank on players. I would love to see him in a Liverpool shirt and think he would join us.

ReputationRep:
    Get Sky, and get 999 channels

ReputationRep:
    Sack that off..Ive missed 4 games all WC so far and that was School commitments.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.