Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

(Original post by AYE)
    If he's smart, he would not want to ruin his career, plus hes so young why would he want to stay on the bench.
    :ditto:...hope he comes to United

ReputationRep:
    true, i wouldnt have said awful though! I think him and jenas actually struggled together which really doesnt make sense! Apart from fact I spose jenas sometimes played wide right but not all time!

ReputationRep:
    Lennon to start, because he is god.

ReputationRep:
    I found this quite funny...
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/world...801696,00.html

i dont like him to be honest...hes awful!

(Original post by lolcano)
    Lennon to start,
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    I've been trying to say that for the past two days, but I'm rubbish. You speak the truth, sir.

My name is also Joe AND I live in Portsmouth. Weird.
    pure coincidence :flute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    Hargreaves will play well tomorrow. A full 90 minutes will allow him to show us what he does for bayern and why he is one of their best players.
    Man of the match. I can feel it in my groin.

ReputationRep:
    Man of the match. I can feel it in my groin.
    That would truly shut everybody up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Why not? Israel didn't make the Cup, so the Israelis are cheering for one of the best players in the Israeli league.
    You really don't do that. I'm not attacking the Israeli's here :rolleyes:
    Anyhow, there probably wasn't any Israeli's there. Still, you just don't normally do that. I don't see an Scottish or Welsh at the world cup cheering on England, and they are home nations!

Bismark - regarding Jewish population. It will never be accurate no matter the source, and you can't exactly state that Argentina never had more than a set figure, unless it was approximated above and beyond the thought figure. It does appear I may have over-estimated Argentina's population and received incorrect information. But just looking at the approximated figures now, it still shows Argentina as having a large population of Jews. The jewish population is always approximated and never accurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    You really don't do that. I'm not attacking the Israeli's here :rolleyes:
    Anyhow, there probably wasn't any Israeli's there. Still, you just don't normally do that. I don't see an Scottish or Welsh at the world cup cheering on England, and they are home nations!

Bismark - regarding Jewish population. It will never be accurate no matter the source, and you can't exactly state that Argentina never had more than a set figure, unless it was approximated above and beyond the thought figure. It does appear I may have over-estimated Argentina's population and received incorrect information. But just looking at the approximated figures now, it still shows Argentina as having a large population of Jews. The jewish population is always approximated and never accurate.
    Probably because the Scots and Welsh to some extent hate England? I'll support England and Australia if the US gets knocked out.

Yes, they are approximations, but then it's approximated that Poland had 10 times more Jews, the numbers aren't going to be wrong by that much. Argentina has 200k Jews right now, compared to nearly 6 million in Israel and about 5.5 million in the US.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a linguist, but I like to keep it quiet.

The World Cup is missing Des Lynam. They should ditch Linekar and bring back Des.

I may well start a campaign on this very issue.
    I quite like Gary, but I do miss Des. I just can't stand the ITV coverage at all.

ReputationRep:
    This is the last chance for Hargreaves. If he plays poorly again, I dont think he should ever visit England

ReputationRep:
    Either Hargreaves will have a very good game, or we'll lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    This is the last chance for Hargreaves. If he plays poorly again, I dont think he should ever visit England
    I can think of a few England players who have had many worse games than Hargreaves. But nobody calls for them to be banished from the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    Either Hargreaves will have a very good game, or we'll lose.
    I can guarantee that if England lose, Hargreaves will be blamed, regardless of whether it was his fault or not.

ReputationRep:
    I can guarantee that if England lose, Hargreaves will be blamed, regardless of whether it was his fault or not.
    I wouldn't mind

Ibrahimovic isn't playing.. ?

ReputationRep:
    No, definitely not.

That would mean players could get away with dissent and diving more often in matches.

Referees should just exercise some common sense, and stop listening to the bums at FIFA

ReputationRep:
    Simple: if a player is judged to have dived, they have to wear a tutu for the rest of the game.

ReputationRep:
    That's not fair .i.e. a player getting booked just for appealing :eek:, but I guess the point is to discourage false appeals maybe, but that one would cause an uproar! I wouldn't put it past sepp to do something like that though :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.