Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    what do you think of jack walker ciderpeteR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    And whilst i am being pedantic:

There is an r on the end of my name, only people who like me/i like call me pete. Thanks. :p:
    LOL I don't dislike you I just think you are taking it totally out of proportion. It is a game of football at the end of the day and lives are worth much more tahn that.

ReputationRep:
    Just for the record, i would not have posted again had someone not made a comment about the opinion i stated in my very first post.

ReputationRep:
    I just dont see why i should pay my respects to these people though... what did they do to earn my respect is my argument...
    you don't have to show respect, but what gives you the right to stop other people from showing theirs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    what do you think of jack walker ciderpeteR?
    thanks for the r. :p:

He is a legend... always will be to all Blackburn Rovers fans... One of few people i have ever shed a tear about when they have died. I guess it is similar to Hillsborough, in that both teams lost a part of the club - the only difference being, Walker played a role which made a big difference to the club and myself.

He was a Rovers fan who loved the club enough to give his life to it (unlike Abramovich) and gave us the chance to be a high flying team - we all know we brought the league, but for a few seasons it was nice to dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    you don't have to show respect, but what gives you the right to stop other people from showing theirs?
    I havent tried to stop them, but by moving the game, it lost me the ability to goto church and pay my respects on easter sunday. What gives anybody the right to do that?

ReputationRep:
    Just for the record, i would not have posted again had someone not made a comment about the opinion i stated in my very first post.
    that comment was begging for an answer.

ReputationRep:
    I havent tried to stop them, but by moving the game, it lost me the ability to goto church and pay my respects on easter sunday. What gives anybody the right to do that?
    mate, there are two cathedrals in liverpool! if you wanted to go you would have gone.

ReputationRep:
    Why would i goto a cathedral in Liverpool? I live in bristol/bath and support Blackburn... (thats about 5 hours away in the car, meaning i had to leave at 9 yesterday)... i could have missed the match yes, but its called getting value for money out your season ticket.

ReputationRep:
    Why would i goto a cathedral in Liverpool? I live in bristol/bath and support Blackburn... (thats about 5 hours away in the car, meaning i had to leave at 9 yesterday)... i could have missed the match yes, but its called getting value for money out your season ticket.
    Why not? If you wanted to go to church can you not go anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    If I wanted to drive a 170 mile trip to get to a cathedral then yes i could. As it happens i dont want to make that sort of pilgrimage just yet. Especially when the game was at Blackburn....

ReputationRep:
    I think the tune by Kaiser Cheifs "I predict a riot" could be a fairly accurate description of wednesday night...

By wednesday night i mean Robbie Savage appreciation night...

We are working on the blonde wigs currently.

With our form i would fancy brum to get a point, but we need to win to keep our Uefa cup dreams alive.

2-1 to Rovers, Savage and Bellamy to score.
    that'll be my dream out come!!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It may actually be more volitile than the Villa match.

ReputationRep:
    I will be amazed if 22 players finish the match. The Bully boys must be due a couple of red cards.

Apart from goals i love nothing more than a nice crunching tackle so potentially this game could be a cracker (hopefully not literally.).

ReputationRep:
    Come on Rovers! I've never supported you as much as I am right now!

Oh and on a similar note COME ON BOLTON! Omg that game's started!! *rushes off to tensely follow the game*

ReputationRep:
    We unfortunately this season have a habit of doing reverse results in the home and away games -

We lost to newcastle at home, beat them away.
    we beat WBA 2-0 at home, lost 2-0 away,
    we beat Arsenal at home, lost away,
    we beat villa at home, lost away,
    we beat fulham at home, lost away...

we beat Brum 2-0 at home... you can see where im coming from

ReputationRep:
    Wish i could say the same about pompey. Winning and losing every other game gets you 57 points in the prem. How I'd love to be on that total...

ReputationRep:

we beat Brum 2-0 at home... you can see where im coming from
    dont go there!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ah yeh my bad. i just was thinkin of the cathedral for a minute. anyways, teh principle holds, there are churchs in blackburn.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently there is a cathedral too!

I once walked for 25 minutes from where i park at Ewood Park and was still not anywhere near the town centre so gave up...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.