Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Should we introduce another card? i mean yellow cards are given out for anything now.. like disagreeing or 'time wasting' or kicking a ball away (even though they have hundreds in the stadium) etc..
    Should there be a different card like a green one for bad sportsmanship as such..?

They have a green, yellow and red card in field hockey - although the yellow card is a sin binning.

To be honest I think a sin bin of some form could be an interesting development in football - it certainly cuts out alot of rubbish from the players in rugby.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal don't need any more forward players though. Henry, Bergkamp, Van Persie, Adebeyor, Reyes, Ljungberg, Hleb and Rosicky could all play upfront if necessary. Saviola would be completely unneccesary because he plays as a secondary striker rather than a target man like Torres who they have no chance of getting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Simple: if a player is judged to have dived, they have to wear a tutu for the rest of the game.
    Why not a pair of swim shorts? Or the skin tight legging things swimmers wear these days.

ReputationRep:
    It's a hard one to call as we have such a bad record against them.

My prediction: 2-1 , Carragher scoring a last minute winner for England (In my dreams maybe!)

ReputationRep:
    We need to win this one because Ecuador will be a much easier match than Germany. Also if both England and Argentina win their groups, the first time we can meet them in in the final so it's worth winning the group.

With this in mind, England should win 2-0. They need a major performance tonight to start making an impact. No idea when Hargreaves is playing when Carrick is easily the best replacement in centre midfield.

ReputationRep:
    i hate that statistic.. can someone dig up how many times we've actually played them since then?
    Its the same with France's first goal this year - on ITV they kept going on about how it was their first goal since the winning goals of 98..
    They played 3 games in 02 and 1 in 06 then scored.. thats 4 games without scoring not over exaggerating and saying they havent scored in a world cup for 8 years :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    I wouldn't be surprised if we lost. Not beaten the Swedes in 38 years I was hearing on the radio comig hiome from work. :eek:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I betted all my vBookie cash on England :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    I wouldn't be surprised if we lost. Not beaten the Swedes in 38 years I was hearing on the radio comig hiome from work. :eek:
    Yeah, but more likely to draw. That has been our recent results. I am hoping for a win, but if we do draw, I would like it to be a score draw, with Owen and Rooney scoring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Bizaare as it would be, theres nothing else they can do really as things are all tied up.
    I think that they should have the 2 teams down the following day and have a penalty shootout between them. Yes, it still is somewhat a game of luck, but much better than a toss of a coin.

ReputationRep:
    Look ppl - Rooney is playing!

End of story. This is a win.

ReputationRep:
    I was just discussing with my boyfriend what would happen in this situation

ReputationRep:
    ouch...

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    I can't believe that Owen got injured. This has got to be the worst few weeks of Owen's life. It seems as if Owen's world cup is over!

ReputationRep:
    lets get real guys......

ENGLAND IS GONNA KICK SOME SWEDISH ***!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel absolutely sick watching that in super slow motion? Owen's out for the tournament, that looked so nasty.

ReputationRep:
    yay England!!!
    rooney will be the one to watch out for.
    sort of a 'come-back' match... plus owen injured.
    i dont think crouch and rooney make the perfect team...
    funny comparsions between the two :p:

ReputationRep:
    im so sad.... owen was like the 'back bone'...

ReputationRep:
    ouch! that has got to hurt..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think that there goes England's chances of winning the world cup? One more injury to a striker and we're screwed. Now, we only have 2 fully fit strikers-1 who most likely will not play much in the world cup, and one not fully fit one-Rooney (who if he gets injured, we will be done for!).
    We should have taken Defoe!!!

ReputationRep:
    I can't help but feel that I've missed the big moment - where IS Owen? I went to get a bottle of water from the downstairs fridge during the break after the national anthems and when I come back to look on TSR everyone's like poor Owen and the match is a good few mins gone....plus the commentators aren't talking about Owen neither!

What happened?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.