Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schmitz)
    I echo your sentiments. It seems that England has had bad luck with injuries in recent times as well - Beckham last world cup, Rooney in Portugal 2004 and again this year, and Michael Owen having only played 6 hours of football in 2006 and getting injured badly again. Very disappointing from a fan's point of view, let alone for the players themselves

Get well soon Michael.
    You could see that for quite a few minutes, the players seemed a bit shocked at Owen's injury!
    Any chance that it is a minor strain or something which would not rule him out for the whole tournament?
    You heard of the Rooney's foot website? We need an Owen's knee website before tomorrow's scan to send positive vibes to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    Henrik Larsson is such a git.

I was just about to leave you in peace when I saw this ^ ..:mad: :mad: ........ Vad tusan ska det betyda era töntar inte för att ni fattar men jag förolämpar inte era spelare...:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he played well, did everything he was asked to do and put in some very good tackles. Given that both goals were set-piece errors, we didn't get undone by passing through the park and that surely shows Hargreaves was mopping everything up nicely.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that too but I thought it was just me! Would have to take a closer look at that again though...
    Did touch someone , i dont know who dat guy was, but it was actually not larsson.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh lets type in different languages so noone has a clue what you're talking about.

The ball was touched on its way in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    I was just about to leave you in peace when I saw this ^ ..:mad: :mad: ........ Vad tusan ska det betyda era töntar inte för att ni fattar men jag förolämpar inte era spelare...:cool:
    Haha, I don't know what that means but Im sure it's highly offensive.

I use 'git' in a half affectionate, half serious way.

Larsson is one of my favourite players of all time. I even have a Sweden shirt with his name on. But I said to my dad before the game that Larsson would score against us (the winning goal, specifically). And he did score, although thankfully not the winning goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    Yeh lets type in different languages so noone has a clue what you're talking about.

The ball was touched on its way in.
    Sorry about that but I didn't want to write anything I might have had a warning for therefore I wrote in swedish and pretended that it was something really insulting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    Sorry about that but I didn't want to write anything I might have had a warning for therefore I wrote in swedish and pretended that it was something really insulting
    You owe me an apology... in Swedish.

ReputationRep:
    Absolute nightmare. Far better than Crouch

ReputationRep:
    Hargreaves was at fault for the second goal, dont know what he let the attacker go

ReputationRep:
    When i saw it happen, i could see he was not comming back on, but i thought it was nothing too serious. Sven has said that owen is unlikely to return this world cup and that we will find out tomorow.

Honestly, he has not played well and i dont think he will be missed, crouch can do just as good of a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Hargreaves was at fault for the second goal, dont know what he let the attacker go
    The ball shouldn't have been allowed to get that far in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I don't know what that means but Im sure it's highly offensive.

I use 'git' in a half affectionate, half serious way.

Larsson is one of my favourite players of all time. I even have a Sweden shirt with his name on. But I said to my dad before the game that Larsson would score against us (the winning goal, specifically). And he did score, although thankfully not the winning goal.

Ok then, it's not highly offensive. The point was that you would believe it, yey success.

Well if you like him so much you're forgiven:proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    Ok then, it's not highly offensive. The point was that you would believe it, yey success.

Well if you like him so much you're forgiven:proud:
    Good good.

Night all. I dread to hear the news about Owen's injury in the morning. I predict at least 6 months on the sidelines.

One Owen Hargreaves, there's only one Owen Hargreaves.

ReputationRep:
    If rooney gets injured, i think we may see a shuffle round of the team. I doubt that we will see a 4-5-1 with a single striker how ever we may see a 4-4-1-1 with stagered strikers like today, with joe cole being the back striker, and lenin replacing cole in the middle.

I dont get sven, he brings walcott despite criticism and then does not want to play him. Yes it is risky, but i think if something happens h will have to play him and hope it works out because its one thing to choose to bring a young player but then to not play him when hes your only option seems crazy because if you dont belive in him why bring him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    You could see that for quite a few minutes, the players seemed a bit shocked at Owen's injury!
    Any chance that it is a minor strain or something which would not rule him out for the whole tournament?
    You heard of the Rooney's foot website? We need an Owen's knee website before tomorrow's scan to send positive vibes to it.
    Alan Shearer, a close friend of Michael Owen, received a text from Owen to say that he was in a lot of pain and that it didn't feel good. Meanwhile, according to the BBC someone close to the squad has said that Owen won't be playing again in this tournament :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Good good.

Night all. I dread to hear the news about Owen's injury in the morning. I predict at least 6 months on the sidelines.

One Owen Hargreaves, there's only one Owen Hargreaves.

Well then, everyone else has left so. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    At least there's still one Owen left in the tournament, and he came good today!

ReputationRep:
    Alan Shearer, a close friend of Michael Owen, received a text from Owen to say that he was in a lot of pain and that it didn't feel good. Meanwhile, according to the BBC someone close to the squad has said that Owen won't be playing again in this tournament :mad:
    I think that Owen knows how bad it is. Until the scan tomorrow, nothing will be official, but DARN!!! Owen was supposed to come good for us in the knockout stages!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    At least there's still one Owen left in the tournament, and he came good today!

lastname?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.