Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    how about shawn right philips? (probably spelt wrong)

ReputationRep:
    Owen injured now...frick that!!!
    Stupid manager...Gerrard should of been or for hargreaves..walcott for crouch..crouch is pathetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Crap.

Same old England. Crap manager, crap tactics....so very little possession....

Burning questions....

Why exactly bring Walcott? Just why??? :confused:

Why only take 4 strikers, when two aren't match-fit (one of which is now cropped whilst the remaining player, Rooney, is still acquiring match fitness) and one (Walcott) hasn't even played a Premiership game yet, and a player Eriksson hasn't even seen play!!!!

Eriksson is an idiot, he will get slated in tomorrows press, and he will get slated more when we either lose against Ecuador or in the round proceeding this.

Club players, England are arguably in possession of the best players for club, but it never gels for England. Why? Are the players so good that they cannot gel with fellow fantastic footballers??? Or do we blame eriksson on the majority of the problems??

Of course, i'm sure i'm just adding to many posts going along this line of reasoning et cetera....i'm just pissed off that it is 'same old England'. No wonder my expectations going into a major tournament are always markedly low...success breeds expectation afterall, and a nice qualifying record isn't success in my eyes...it may well be in Erikssons, but he's a ****. The only legacy Eriksson will have is being in possession of a decent qualifying record....how lame and he gets what...errr £5 million per annum?? :mad: Leave me ****ing mad...meanwhile, he somehow pulls lookers like Ulrika Johnson...he's a ****ing mystery...especially his match 'tactics'.
    I agree to all of that...but think...maybe he wanted to use this game as an experiment?

ReputationRep:
    we needed a draw to be first..and anything wuld mean qualification..so..hmm

ReputationRep:
    Lennon doesn't get into the team when he should, I don't see the point in having two good wingers who won't get played...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Don't know if Crouch did anything good today. Not sure he can cut it against the better teams.
    200% disagreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ant247)
    how about shawn right philips? (probably spelt wrong)
    Bit late for that now.

ReputationRep:
    Crouch reminds me of a puppy of a really large breed of dog, playing with other jack russel pubs. They are all nimble, and he runs around, sort of unappreciative of his own lankiness and lack of dexterity. I don't rate him at all.

I agree with someone above, Gerrard up front with Rooney. Beckham, Lamps, Hargreaves and Cole in midfield, ashley cole, rio, neville (if fit) and terry in defence. Carragher if not neville.

Our current tally of goals is...

England: 5
    Midfield: 3
    Strikers: 1
    Opposition: 1

Yup, the opposition have scored as many goals for us so far as the strikeforce.

ReputationRep:
    looking at england's poor performance, compared with the likes or argentina and spain.
    Tell me what's the prob with the it's poor play and recenlty givin away that silly 2nd goal to the swede was just...

ReputationRep:
    i'd think Man Utd.. unless if they have another striker in mind

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't really call it a Poor performance. When they were 2-1 up they were clearly getting 'lazy' and the goal that drew them with Sweden could have been easily prevented if they weren't getting so confident that they had won the game. I think thats the problem with England sometimes!

They are playing well, maybe not as well as they can, and i think if owen is out for a while, that could be a serious blow to England? Also saw Rio limp off, that would be another disaster, if he is injured and out for a while

I would like England to win, but with teams like Argentina, Brazil, Holland etc.. that are very strong and very good, i don't think we will...

Ive got my fingers crossed though

ReputationRep:
    i'm rooting for em' too. Even before WC i was having this heavy intuition that they're likely to reach semi's at least.. being up at the main stage of course.
    I wasn't too convinced though after some boring start, looking at their improving run.. i'm starting to smile a little..

ReputationRep:
    I never expect England to win the World Cup. Mayeb thats a bad thing as im British, and they are 'my' team. I just think they can play so much better. And i have completely changed my mind about Joe Cole, i used to think he was a bit of a Liability, now, woah, he is one heck of a player. :cool:

Their next game i think they might breeze through, but saying that, they can't be cocky and go into it and think 'yeh this is in the bag, we don't have to play amazing against these'. I hope they give it their best in the next game, and not under-estimate them

ReputationRep:
    I'm an MUfan, you could tell me how i feel when i watch MU play at certain games.. similarity in their mentality and the way they approach games.

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd?

Ahh... Ohh how i hate them so... They get on my nerves... :p:

I don't know much about MU, i tend to steer clear of them :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndrew)
    I never expect England to win the World Cup. Mayeb thats a bad thing as im British, and they are 'my' team. I just think they can play so much better. And i have completely changed my mind about Joe Cole, i used to think he was a bit of a Liability, now, woah, he is one heck of a player. :cool:

Their next game i think they might breeze through, but saying that, they can't be cocky and go into it and think 'yeh this is in the bag, we don't have to play amazing against these'. I hope they give it their best in the next game, and not under-estimate them
    Breeze through against Ecuador? Nuh uh, I think you're severely underestimating the opponents here! They lost 3-0 to Germany when they were resting half their team - else they're a force to be reckoned with as can be seen from their other 2 victories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    Breeze through against Ecuador? Nuh uh, I think you're severely underestimating the opponents here! They lost 3-0 to Germany when they were resting half their team - else they're a force to be reckoned with as can be seen from their other 2 victories.
    Indeed. What i meant was, england will think its a 'walk in the park' and then they won't play at their best, and ecuador could pull through the weaknesses and score and possibly win. I think if they get lazy in the next game, they can kiss goodbye to the title, or progressing any further.

damn im too tired to be talking about football..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndrew)
    Indeed. What i meant was, england will think its a 'walk in the park' and then they won't play at their best, and ecuador could pull through the weaknesses and score and possibly win. I think if they get lazy in the next game, they can kiss goodbye to the title, or progressing any further.

damn im too tired to be talking about football..
    Aye I see that as a very real possibility as well. The Ecuadorians have fire in their heels.

ReputationRep:
    I think england should make it through Ecuador, if germany beat them 3-0 , then england should beat them atleast 1-0. i know Ecuador had some players out, but they still had 6 from the first team.

they were lucky not to be playing germany, cuz i thought sweden were better last night.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think Theo will even get a game Quite unlikely that Sven will play him in big matches. This match against Sweden was the best time

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.