Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smokyjoe123)
    oh but there you see, carragher is a god. :rolleyes: didn't you realise that liverpool players can do no wrong? if hargreaves ever goes to liverpool, you can guarantee he'll be first choice midfielder for england and the press hype will lead him to become knighted before he's 40. mark my words.
    I don't doubt it. :cool:

It must be a Liverpool thing. I remember how hideous the fans were to Peter Crouch when he first signed for them, now he is some kind of cult hero up there. Bizarre.

(Original post by jeff's_dead)
    Once again, missing the point.

Makelele doesn't do anything spectacular for Chelsea, because it is not his job. Same goes for Hargreaves. He is there to allow players like Gerrard etc. to do their thing. You could see the difference he made to the rest of the team yesterday, particularly in the first half.
    Hargreaves is a really good player...i mean how do you get into a Bayern Munich side and not be good...people dont see what he does for the team!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    I don't doubt it. :cool:

It must be a Liverpool thing. I remember how hideous the fans were to Peter Crouch when he first signed for them, now he is some kind of cult hero up there. Bizarre.
    it's because they claim that they are the best and most loyal fans but some of them are just the dreaded 'red top tabloid' readers. hence they have no views of their own. if the sun laughs at crouch for not scoring, they won't defend him, they'll just **** him off because they don't know how to think for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    Hargreaves is a really good player...i mean how do you get into a Bayern Munich side and not be good...people dont see what he does for the team!
    Exactly. The mind boggles.

Like I've said before, there is no justifiable reason for the criticism he gets. The sad fact is that a lot of England fans are morons.

Oh yeah, I was very nearly correct with my 'Hargreaves for man of the match' prediction. I should follow my groin more often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smokyjoe123)
    it's because they claim that they are the best and most loyal fans but some of them are just the dreaded 'red top tabloid' readers. hence they have no views of their own. if the sun laughs at crouch for not scoring, they won't defend him, they'll just **** him off because they don't know how to think for themselves.
    I think Liverpool are second only to Newcastle when it comes to being fickle.

ReputationRep:
    Was just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellie)
    Because foolishly, Sven thought he could steer as much as much attention away from Rooney as possible while he was recovering, and it would have been a plan that worked if we'd got to Baden Baden and Rooney and Owen were at their total best.
    Very interesting and valid point actualy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalparadox)
    Interesting fact that I found out recently - the majority of jews in the world are in Brazil. Just shows that you can get people of different faiths almost everywhere.
    Find that difficult to believe considering the amount of Catholics there are there.

ReputationRep:
    To put it bluntly:

Would Theo get into any other country's squad (e.g. the likes of Brazil, Italy, Argentina, Germany, France etc.) if a new rule allowed him to?

I doubt it.

Come to think of it, I doubt Defoe would make it either...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They have no choice! They have to play Sweden.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think any club come quite close to Newcastle in terms of fickleness actually. Certainly not dellusion, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    *******s. the person responsible for the second goal was paul robinson. he should have come for it. and what was sol flapping at?
    Perhaps Robinson but it wasnt that close to goal. Terry came for it and completely missed. It was mainly his fault. You cant blame Sol, he was expecting Terry get it and it bounced right in the wrong place. Maybe the old Sol would have got his foot up higher but it wasnt his fault. Hargreaves should have been tracking the runners but stood there watching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellie)
    Defensively we've been all over the shop all tournament though. Ashley's still very much out of sorts, for example. Terry's the only one who's really showed up.
    Rio has been better than Terry

ReputationRep:
    Sweden easily

ReputationRep:
    There is too much history between the 2 countries for us to want to play us and for them to play us.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Sweden they wouldnt want to play the best team in the world at this early stage :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Rio has been better than Terry
    Yep, Terry's been a bit dodgy but Rio's looked solid. Again shows how reputation speaks louder for some people than actions - Terry is seen as dependable but has made some mistakes, Rio's known as being unfocussed and gaff-prone but has been our best defender.

ReputationRep:
    Despite our form, we would have made progression a lot harder for them. Sweden play well, have some good individuals, but they're not a world class team.

(Original post by LH)
    Yep, Terry's been a bit dodgy but Rio's looked solid. Again shows how reputation speaks louder for some people than actions - Terry is seen as dependable but has made some mistakes, Rio's known as being unfocussed and gaff-prone but has been our best defender.
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Despite our form, we would have made progression a lot harder for them. Sweden play well, have some good individuals, but they're not a world class team.

England aren't a world class team. If they can't beat Sweden, does anyone think they can beat Argentina, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, or Holland? I think not. I would like England to win but in their current form it's not looking likely.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.