Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    What the **** mate? Don't be so negative. I wasn't being racist, and you've just pissed me off.

It's your bloody pessimism, stop thinking everyone's against you.

No, not all black people talk in slang, but you are, which is why "ghetto" was mentioned.

*negs*
    I AM TALKING AS IF I WAS WRITING ATEXT OR AN EMAIL - GEEZ I DIDN'T THINK I WOULD BE TAKING AN ENGLISH EXAM OR BE EXAMINED ON THE WAY THAT I CHOOSE TO WRITE. I JUST DISLIKE THE TERM 'GHETTO' BECAUSE IT IS USUALLY STEREOTYPED TO BE BLACK PEOPLE WHO TALK IN THAT MANNER. CAN'T YOU SEE WHERE I AM COMING FROM? BY THE WAY ONE OF MY FRIENDS WERE RACIALLY ABUSED BY A MEMBER.

ReputationRep:
    I Also Apologise If My 'patriotic Behaviour' Has Offended Anyone But I Do Feel That I Have The Right To Feel Proud Of Ghana, Like Featherflare Said.

ReputationRep:
    rosalyn i'm right behind you.

its good to see a team like ghana progress further. so so happy that croatia are out. it made my day

ReputationRep:
    This "I'm black so you're persecuting me" bull**** it just that. Bull****. Reply properly without shouting (if you didn't know that capitals represented shouting then you do know) and maybe people will take you seriously.

I'm black and have been on this forum for years and no-one has every commented on it because 1. I don't make an issue of it and everytime someone disagrees with me i don't shout racist and 2. i don't conform to the stereotypes some narrowminded people might expect me to.

Your opinion is welcome and valid if you don't shout at people!

ReputationRep:
    The guy plays proffesional ball in Israel, a bunch of his friends and teammates travelled from Israel to watch him play. He pulled out the flag as a hello to them. It was pretty innocent and he had no idea it would turn into this big international ordeal. The Ghana team actually issued a statement on the matter, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    This "I'm black so you're persecuting me" bull**** it just that. Bull****. Reply properly without shouting (if you didn't know that capitals represented shouting then you do know) and maybe people will take you seriously.

I'm black and have been on this forum for years and no-one has every commented on it because 1. I don't make an issue of it and everytime someone disagrees with me i don't shout racist and 2. i don't conform to the stereotypes some narrowminded people might expect me to.

Your opinion is welcome and valid if you don't shout at people!
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god-I never thought I would see the day!
    He said that there was a chance he might drop Beckham. He said to the press:

I'm not married to him, you know, even if you think I am. In fact I am not even engaged to him!
    :lolz:

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Sarky]This "I'm black so you're persecuting me" bull**** it just that. Bull****. Reply properly without shouting (if you didn't know that capitals represented shouting then you do know) and maybe people will take you seriously.

Your opinion is welcome and valid if you don't shout at people! [/QUO

I did not know that the CAPS repesented shouting, since i am new here - i was just proud of my country and i feel that i have the right to be. However, i disliked the fact that the way i write should be on trial here, iam only writing lazily but i would not necessarily write an English essay in non - standard english. I also never said that i was being 'persecuted' i just thought that some of their comments were stereotypical i.e that i talk 'ghetto talk' and if you cannot see the offensiveness of that - then my brother we are not on the same page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil-Tuna)
    rosalyn i'm right behind you.

its good to see a team like ghana progress further. so so happy that croatia are out. it made my day
    Thank you for understanding Evil - Tuna

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=rosalyn18]
    (Original post by Sarky)

Your opinion is welcome and valid if you don't shout at people! [/QUO

I did not know that the CAPS repesented shouting, since i am new here - i was just proud of my country and i feel that i have the right to be. However, i disliked the fact that the way i write should be on trial here, iam only writing lazily but i would not necessarily write an English essay in non - standard english. I also never said that i was being 'persecuted' i just thought that some of their comments were stereotypical i.e that i talk 'ghetto talk' and if you cannot see the offensiveness of that - then my brother we are not on the same page.
    Fair enough if you did not know that caps represented shouting. Now you do. I'm not your brother, i'm female. And we're not on the same page but i'm quite happy for us to agree to disagree.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe this will make it a bit better. I had sort of phrased it weirdly.

Even so he probably wont drop him:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    it was meant to be a semi-pun. but people have been quite harsh to you. ive seen other people get politely told to change their approach if theyre new. most of sarky's advice is sound though.

ignore justfarhan though, hes a real trouble maker sometimes

[yes. not meant to be taken literally *sigh*]

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Sarky]
    (Original post by rosalyn18)

Fair enough if you did not know that caps represented shouting. Now you do. I'm not your brother, i'm female. And we're not on the same page but i'm quite happy for us to agree to disagree.
    Ok fine but that's your opinion - i know that i was offended personally and if you do not see anything wrong with the term 'ghetto talk' then you're right we are not on the same page! agree to disagree.

I might as well leave this discussion cos it's clear, that im the 'villian' who is only trying to support her country - and rightly proud of them ; and for your information i am not playing the race card - i am only correcting ignorant individuals who use foolish terms like that........... 'ghetto talk' you clearly are living in la la land if you see nothing wrong with this term!

i'm gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil-Tuna)
    it was meant to be a semi-pun. but people have been quite harsh to you. ive seen other people get politely told to change their approach if theyre new. most of sarky's advice is sound though.

ignore justfarhan though, hes a real trouble maker sometimes
    Don't worry i can handle my own battles - no need to feel sorry for me because i can rise above all of this ignorant talk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Wait, shouldn't Juve also lose their title and therefore their place in the Champions League if they are relegated?
    Yep, any of the clubs found guilty of corruption will be banned from European competition next season.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not feeling sorry for you. it's the semi-pun i used based on valuk's (member on here) location in his profile. its a long running joke. sorry it probably makes no sense to you. oops.

ReputationRep:
    This is a simple but effective guide as to how to not get fleeced on eBay when buying football shirts. Follow these simple rules and you should be ok! Remember that for this example, I will be looking at Arsenal Nike tops as they are the most commonly featured. This is the same for Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool etc.

1. When you first search "Arsenal Jersey", you will see a lot of commercial-looking listings with nice pictures etc. LOOK AT THE ITEM TITLE. The example I will use comes from Malaysia and says:

"06 ARSENAL AWAY FOOTBALL SHIRT SOCCER JERSEY L/S XL"

Seems OK? Wrong. Where does it say the word Nike? Sellers of cheap fakes do this to avoid legal action because, if they say the item is a Nike garment and it isn't, they get in trouble. If they don't say it's Nike in the auction header, it probably isn't. It's a cheap fake.

2. When you go into the auction, check the pictures carefully. Look at the badge. The fatal mistake these sellers make is that the wording, or pictures, are either crooked or just look shoddy. Some sellers even make the mistake of screen-printing THE WHOLE SHIRT! My advice is to go to a website like subsidesports.com and find the shirt you want. Check the picture on that website with the sellers picture and see how they match up. you'll know deep down if it is a fake.

3. "Retro" shirts are not commercially made anymore. Anybody selling these by the bucket load is selling FAKES. The shirts these people sell would not be going for £12 a time, it would be £120 minimum as they are out of production. Don't trust it!

4. If you are buying a numbered Premiership shirt, look at the bottom of the numbers. It should feature the Premier League Lion, and (c) FAPL 1996 underneath this in small letters. If it doesn't, the numbers are FAKE.

5. If you are buying a Premiership shirt with sleeve patches, note this. The patches are only produced in FELT format. If they are screen printed, they are FAKE. Note though, that screen printed Premiership numbers and letters DO exist, along with the better quality felt ones.

6. Some sellers claim to sell "sample" shirts which are to be released as next season's top. THIS IS A LIE, THERE IS NO SUCH THING! All possible jerseys are catalogued, and the only shirts produced are the final shirts that go to the club to decide whether or not they want it as their shirt! The likelihood of this one shirt reaching eBay is 1,000,000/1, and the likelihood of it reaching Thailand, Malaysia or anywhere else is quadruple that.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Trezegeut and Nedved, i'd never rated all that highly, overhyped, the two of them.
    Calling Trezeguet overhyped is harsh, but understandable given his form this season (which has been as bad as Zlatan's btw)...but for anyone to say that about Nedved is mind-boggling :eek: . One of the great players in Serie A over the last 10 years... in the upper echelons of the best Eastern European players in the last 10-15 years - better than Savecevic, Stoichkov, Stankovic, Suker amongst others imo.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.