The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Evil-Tuna
it was meant to be a semi-pun. but people have been quite harsh to you. ive seen other people get politely told to change their approach if theyre new. most of sarky's advice is sound though.

ignore justfarhan though, hes a real trouble maker sometimes :frown:

[yes. not meant to be taken literally *sigh*]
Mate, you're totally forgetting that she called me racist for no reason. I am glad that Sarky summed up everything I wanted to say. I am totally against racism and that's why it pissed me off.

I wish Ghana the best of luck, and everyone else in the competition :smile:

Anyways, I don't wanna "cause" anymore trouble :rolleyes:, good day and enjoy the football. :biggrin:
Would be very funny, don't know if it'll happen but just gives me one more reason to watch the final.
OMG LOL! every one rep this guy!

(im all out so remind me tomorow!)
justfarhan
Mate, you're totally forgetting that she called me racist for no reason. I am glad that Sarky summed up everything I wanted to say. I am totally against racism and that's why it pissed me off.

Anyways, I don't wanna "cause" anymore trouble :rolleyes:, good day and enjoy the football. :biggrin:

I don't think "racist" was the right word. Perhaps "elitist" would have been more apt. I too did not like the use "ghetto talk" because you meant something by it. If you didn't, you wouldn't have used it. You then went on to mention that you could talk slang with the best of them. Why look down on her "ghetto talk" and then profess to having used it yourself? Yes, this forum leans more towards a formal style of writing but you could have pointed that out before being rude.

I'm not meaning to attack you but I think you were being a tad unfair.

On a happier not: YAY FOR GHANA!!! Some of the falling over was a bit much towards the end and I'll be the first to admit that that was never a penalty but I'll definitely take it. The U.S.A were not "robbed" in way. If it had stayed 1-1, we would have still gone through. Plus, you need to do a lot better than scoring one goal to compete in the World Cup! So come on everybody, get behind Ghana!! (And you can't forget my beloved Stevie G and England as well....):biggrin:
justfarhan

'JustFarhan' I never said that you were a 'racist' i said that some members have been racially abusive to people that i know and have 'claimed' that this website is (both white, asian and black). Also Altius Tendo summed up everything i wanted to say - you should not be 'pissed off' at me assumming that you are 'racist ' if you know you are not one. Simple. :confused: Think about about what he said also. Sometimes people an all of us do it (whether we like to admit it or not) say things subconsciously.
Reply 7645
Thing is though, is that if the polizei get a hold of the website, they might ban her from entering :smile:
rosalyn18
I wish all the teams in the last 16 the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Titaniums right, i should not bring down other teams- i guess my happiness and pride got the better of me.

I will even put masses of dough on Ghana going out now. No Essien, no Ghana; simple. He holds your team together.

As for 'good luck to all the teams in the last 16' - you really don't mean that considering your tirade of verbal abuse on your first post on this thread. You want to get us back for slavery? - you will be lambs to the slaughter against Brazil. Maybe I read your post wrong as I just could not decipher the TXT SPK AS ITS RTHER SHT.

England would walk all over Ghana. As for our commentators being biased, take that big fat chip off your shoulder. Most of the pundits are very pleased to see an African nation in the last 16, and very disappointed at the way Ivory Coast left the tournament.
Anyway - you might as well prepare your teams farewell speech for when they meet Brazil :biggrin:
rosalyn18
You're right it does not! and another thing please don't mock or patronise me by pretending that you are happy for Ghana if you are really not.:mad:

what? no i really am happy for ghana. i was even talking about it in Jsoc. defending ghana against brazil etc.

the only pun was the right behind you thing. *sigh* why does this always happen?
Altius Tendo
I'll be the first to admit that that was never a penalty but I'll definitely take it.

The penalty that was awarded, was a bit hit and miss really, hard to say if it should have been. How ever i think it was certainly deserved because of the player that got taken down in the box earlyer and the ref missed it. He got pulled back and rugby tackled! So even if the awarded penelty was a poor decision, it makes up for the should have been penelty that was not awarded earlyer.
I'm not saying we're going to beat Brazil but Ghana could spring a surprise for sure. When Ghana won the World U20 championship, they beat Brazil. A lot of the players in that team are the players that are playing for the senior squad now. That Brazil team also had a few of the players playing in the current World Cup e.g. Adriano. So whilst I'm not getting carried away, I don't think we'll be blown out of the water either. Let's hope we don't get a ref like the one in the Australia game :wink:

BTW, can we PLEASE leave talk of slavery out of this thread? It's not really the time or place.
justfarhan

Mate, we sorted it out in the Shoutbox. :wink: :smile:
Evil-Tuna
what? no i really am happy for ghana. i was even talking about it in Jsoc. defending ghana against brazil etc.

the only pun was the right behind you thing. *sigh* why does this always happen?

Sorry i misunderstood you. just make sure that you make it explicit on what you mean.:smile:
Altius Tendo

BTW, can we PLEASE leave talk of slavery out of this thread? It's not really the time or place.

Precisely, tell your prat of a mate that :mad:
Altius Tendo
I don't think "racist" was the right word. Perhaps "elitist" would have been more apt. I too did not like the use "ghetto talk" because you meant something by it. If you didn't, you wouldn't have used it. You then went on to mention that you could talk slang with the best of them. Why look down on her "ghetto talk" and then profess to having used it yourself? Yes, this forum leans more towards a formal style of writing but you could have pointed that out before being rude.

I'm not meaning to attack you but I think you were being a tad unfair.

On a happier not: YAY FOR GHANA!!! Some of the falling over was a bit much towards the end and I'll be the first to admit that that was never a penalty but I'll definitely take it. The U.S.A were not "robbed" in way. If it had stayed 1-1, we would have still gone through. Plus, you need to do a lot better than scoring one goal to compete in the World Cup! So come on everybody, get behind Ghana!! (And you can't forget my beloved Stevie G and England as well....):biggrin:
There's a little misunderstand here :wink:

Let's :hugs: before I start. :p:

I mentioned the words "ghetto talk" because of the way she was typing here. Why can't a comment on one person without their whole race being mentioned?! Christ. If you'll notice on that page, there were a few people commented on the way she was typing, and yes, it is against TSR rules, which is why we were commenting on it.

Racist sterotypes? Here. Does not "holding racist stereotypes" not mean I'm racist? Forgive me if I am wrong. :smile:

I'd never've thought the word "ghetto" was such a bad word. I'd never've thought it was so offensive. I apologise if it is.

And no, I didn't "profess to having used" ghetto myself, I mentioned that I could if I wanted to because she said here "AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT GHETTO TALK???".

She said here that "AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND, BECAUSE I AM BLACK YOU ASSUME THAT I LIVE IN THE 'GHETTO'" What on Earth. She was talking in "ghetto" lingo, so I mentioned it. I didn't assume anything :s: More like I saw her speaking in "ghetto" that I said it. :rolleyes:

I hope that has cleared things up. :smile: There's alot of links there though :eek: I might've got a few mixed up, apologies if I have :redface:

:ciao:
Altius Tendo
I'm not saying we're going to beat Brazil but Ghana could spring a surprise for sure. When Ghana won the World U20 championship, they beat Brazil. A lot of the players in that team are the players that are playing for the senior squad now. That Brazil team also had a few of the players playing in the current World Cup e.g. Adriano. So whilst I'm not getting carried away, I don't think we'll be blown out of the water either. Let's hope we don't get a ref like the one in the Australia game :wink:

Slavery?! What the hell?! I wonder who brought that up. :mad:

This is crazy!
walshie
I will even put masses of dough on Ghana going out now. No Essien, no Ghana; simple. He holds your team together.

As for 'good luck to all the teams in the last 16' - you really don't mean that considering your tirade of verbal abuse on your first post on this thread. You want to get us back for slavery? - you will be lambs to the slaughter against Brazil. Maybe I read your post wrong as I just could not decipher the TXT SPK AS ITS RTHER SHT.

England would walk all over Ghana. As for our commentators being biased, take that big fat chip off your shoulder. Most of the pundits are very pleased to see an African nation in the last 16, and very disappointed at the way Ivory Coast left the tournament.
Anyway - you might as well prepare your teams farewell speech for when they meet Brazil :biggrin:

........ummm no! I really do wish all the teams the best of luck but the reality is, that everyone will support their country (or favourite) whether they loose or not - and if Ghana get knocked out i will be O.K with it because they've proved that they are not walk overs and have made history for our country. By the way i was not aware that CAPS represent shouting and i was corrected by Sarky who nicely explained to me.

I also believe that the post , i posted earlier was wrong and i apologised for that (check before you say something) ). However, i still believe that some parts of my post were true. Also you are responding the same way, i was responding earlier on and i've learnt that it does not do anyone any good. Altius Tendo is also correct, to point out that i should not have mentioned slavery.

Just remember who scored the goals, Essien is a very good and strong player but he is not the only player to hold our team together - do not undersetimate the rest of the players.That is like saying only Rooney and Beckham hold the England team together, when we all know that each member of the England team played an equal part in helping to qualify for the last 16 . The Ghanaian team play like they are family and have a great bond when they are out on the field. If they loose to Brazil, i'm sure they will not blame one another and point fingers. It's just a game !
justfarhan

I mentioned the words "ghetto talk" because of the way she was typing here. Why can't a comment on one person without their whole race being mentioned?! Christ. If you'll notice on that page, there were a few people commented on the way she was typing, and yes, it is against TSR rules, which is why we were commenting on it.

Racist sterotypes? Here. Does not "holding racist stereotypes" not mean I'm racist? Forgive me if I am wrong. :smile:

I'd never've thought the word "ghetto" was such a bad word. I'd never've thought it was so offensive. I apologise if it is.

And no, I didn't "profess to having used" ghetto myself, I mentioned that I could if I wanted to because she said here "AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT GHETTO TALK???".

She said here that "AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND, BECAUSE I AM BLACK YOU ASSUME THAT I LIVE IN THE 'GHETTO'" What on Earth. She was talking in "ghetto" lingo, so I mentioned it. I didn't assume anything :s: More like I saw her speaking in "ghetto" that I said it. :rolleyes:

I hope that has cleared things up. :smile: There's alot of links there though :eek: I might've got a few mixed up, apologies if I have :redface:

I get what you're trying to say but I just think the way you said was where the problem was. No problems. I'm glad everybody's straight now. Back to football!...
justfarhan

I asked you 'what do you know about 'Ghetto talk' ? Because i wanted to know what you meant by it. Claiming that someone is 'talking ghetto' was offensive to me, in future please use terms such as informal, non- standard or slang - i've seen many posts that contain 'Ghetto' language but the fact is, you chose to comment on my writing when i was talking about football. Let that be a lesson to you in the future- that term is offensive and there is no such thing as talking in 'Ghetto lingo' just so you know - don't give into the 'words' that the media create to describe someone or something or a mannerism . Just think about it:smile: Back to Football now...................................
Evil-Tuna
@ Gemgemzzzzzzzzzz:i would say something reassuring, but that would be an uncharacteristically nice thing to do.

so: bye.

Mmmm? What were you going to say tunary?

justfarhan
Goodnight gemgems :ciao: :tongue: I think I know why you're going :ninja:

Good afternoon again, Farhan! :biggrin: I'm feeling much better now after my brain recovered from ultra-capslock use.

I WAS REPLYING TO THE POST THAT SAID THAT I WAS TALKING 'GHETTO TALK' I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS RATHER OFFENSIVE. I CAN TALK PROPERLY TOO BUT I FEEL LAZY TO WRITE IN STANDARD ENGLISH. DON'T YOU THINK THAT POST WAS OUT OF ORDER ? AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND, BECAUSE I AM BLACK YOU ASSUME THAT I LIVE IN THE 'GHETTO' - GEMZ HAS OBVIOUSLY BEEN LISTENING TO TOO MUCH 50 CENT AND WATCHING GHETTO MOVIES. I JUST THINK THAT IT IS WRONG TO GENERALISE. THATS ALL. AND I COULD CARE LESS THAT YOU CAN DROP 'A WHOLE LOAD OF CRAP ON ME' IT JUST SHOWS THAT YOU CARRY RACIST STEREOTYPES OF BLACK PEOPLE.

P.S I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO MY FRIEND THAT SAID THIS FORUM IS RACIST - YOU LOT ALL COME FROM THE COUNTRYSIDE BEGGING TO BE 'GANGSTAR' AND 'HOOD'. HOWEVER, NOT ALL BLACK PEOPLE TALK IN SLANG - JUST SO U KNOW.

Excuse me, BUDDY, but I never said anything about "gangsta talk" - so ensure to reply to the correct person next time. :mad: And just for the record, 50 cent sux. And I've never seen a "ghetto movie" - in fact, what ARE they?
Gemma is from the hood, shes a ghetto chick. :p: