Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

People complain about long ball, yet they insist on Carrick, Gerrard, Lampard, and Beckham in a midfield. I'd feel much happier with Hargreaves sitting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    People complain about long ball, yet they insist on Carrick, Gerrard, Lampard, and Beckham in a midfield. I'd feel much happier with Hargreaves sitting.
    Yeah i'm in agreement and I think that that's exactly what would have happened if Gary Neville was fit, but Sven needs a right back that runs, so Hargreaves has been put there which in turn means Carrick has to play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuckyMan)
    Man united will probably buy him unless they spend all their money on Carrick
    The question is how much money will the Glazers give Fergie to spend this summer? Because there were reports a couple of months ago that he would get a huge chunk of money to spend which would facilitate the purchase of both Torres and Carrick, but whether those reports were just a one-off media thing no-one knows. But it doesn't take a genius to work out that unless you start spending more, Chelsea will inevitably keep winning the league because of their superior finances.

ReputationRep:
    Mido hat-trick against Reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    no its not.
    This disclaimer can be found at the bottom of this page - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...es/default.stm

Reproduced under licence from Football DataCo Limited. All rights reserved. Licence no NEWMEDIA/BBCCEEWEB/96202a.

Copyright © and Database Right The FA Premier League/The Scottish Premier League/The Football League/The Scottish Football League Limited 2006. All rights reserved. No part of the Fixtures Lists may be reproduced stored or transmitted in any form without the prior written permission of Football DataCo Limited.

Websites that display fixtures have bought a license from DataCo Limited. Unless TSR has a license, which i very much doubt, it is in breach of copyright, as stated above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    His miss against Trinidad was just embarassing. I could hear the rest of the world laughing at us.
    Strikers miss chances, he got it sorted in the end.
    I could hear the world laughing at us for drawin 0-0 with T&T for 80 mins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)

I was worried Blackburn would be bottom after the first game (away at pompey at least it will be warm ) then i saw Sheffield Uniteds first game.

Hopefully we will give them a stuffing, isnt warnock serving a touchline ban?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)

Hopefully we will give them a stuffing, isnt warnock serving a touchline ban?
    He is for the first 3 games. He is gutted he's serving it for Spurs away but he will be back in time for Arsenal away.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Originally quoted by me and responded by her via PM. I'm posting it here because the stupid girl doesn't wish to here me out:

(Original post by walshie)
    Get that big fat chip off your shoulder
    (Original post by Rosalyn18)
    For your information, i do not have a chip on my soldier i carry the pride of my race on it (again another stereotypical comment - ask any black person - if you know any that are culturally aware of themselves). See you've done it again - making another racist comment It's kind of sad that you don't even know that your being implicitly racist. However, i guess it is not your fault - most people like you (snobs and elitists) have never been around black people (and hold stereotypes of what we are like), so i don't really balme you (if you had said it in a Black forum or around black people you would have definitely gotten it. As for the match - maybe Ghana will lose and will have a great speech for us when they leave but we Ghanaian's will still be proud! (have faith) but i'm sure England will be slaughtered and murdered like lambs by Argentina, Brazil and Germany and maybe Sweden if they beat Equador. Sorry thats just reality They have No chance whatsoever.

As for getting you back for slavery? - Yes i meant every bit of that, you white people get so guilty and touchy feely when ever we mention it but i guess you will bring up the same idiomatic excuse like 'It's nothing to do with me - it was my ancsestors' yeah right.Me and friends always enjoy watching the world cup because it's like payback, which makes it interesting! Feel free to call this PM verbal and racial abuse or whatever - ha! you can't sue me

End of Discussion
    Like I said, you have a chip on your shoulder that is continuously weighing you down. Get over it. I love the way you mention the slavery against you by Britain when there is still slavery in Ghana now by religious beliefs. Your country is so divulged in religion, you can't even practice sex education. Don't hark on about being proud of your country and attack Britain with which you gained independence from in the mid-50's, something that other African countries weren’t able to achieve until much later.

Implicitly racist? - Bigoted comments like that of the slavery just annoy me. Do the Japanese try and strangle us for 2 of the most horrific acts in the world? Nope. I have nothing against your patriotism, but when you are outspoken in the way you were, I have a problem.

I could ramble on about how patriotic I am, and then give conflicting reason to why we are going to beat Ghana should we meet them in the QF or SF because we are economically better, technically gifted, have the facilities, have better support, and then say something like we made you, and we will put you down.

I'm not being implicitly racist, but you certainly just come across like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Originally quoted by me and responded by her via PM. I'm posting it here because the stupid girl doesn't wish to here me out:
    Like I said, you have a chip on your shoulder that is continuously weighing you down. Get over it. I love the way you mention the slavery against you by Britain when there is still slavery in Ghana now by religious beliefs. Your country is so divulged in religion, you can't even practice sex education. Don't hark on about being proud of your country and attack Britain with which you gained independence from in the mid-50's, something that other African countries weren’t able to achieve until much later.

Implicitly racist? - Bigoted comments like that of the slavery just annoy me. Do the Japanese try and strangle us for 2 of the most horrific acts in the world? Nope. I have nothing against your patriotism, but when you are outspoken in the way you were, I have a problem.

I could ramble on about how patriotic I am, and then give conflicting reason to why we are going to beat Ghana should we meet them in the QF or SF because we are economically better, technically gifted, have the facilities, have better support, and then say something like we made you, and we will put you down.

I'm not being implicitly racist, but you certainly just come across like that.
    See, I was completely with you until you started throwing around generalisations that you don't know very much about. How are the religious beliefs (particularly) in Ghana keeping the country enslaved? Are you really sure that Ghana does not teach sexual education or are you getting us confused with South Africa for example? Are Ghanaian football players not "technically gifted?" You said you "could ramble on... and then say something like we made you, and we will put you down." Why say you're not going to say something and then go right ahead and say it implicitly anyway?

I can understand your frustration, because I for one believe that racism is not confined to white people being racist towards black people. It most definitely occurs vice versa and indeed includes other races as well. I just feel that by putting your arguments in such a manner, they ceased to be effective. I'm not in any way calling you racist but I think there was something deeply wrong with what you said. The best thing you could have done was either reply to 18rosalyn's message privately or just ignore it altogether.

Now can we please just go back to talking about football since that's what we're supposed to be here for?

ReputationRep:
    How did this discussion between you two start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Mmmm? What were you going to say tunary?
    i forgot.

most likely: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    I can't even remember!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altius Tendo)
    See, I was completely with you until you started throwing around generalisations that you don't know very much about. How are the religious beliefs (particularly) in Ghana keeping the country enslaved? Are you really sure that Ghana does not teach sexual education or are you getting us confused with South Africa for example?
    Do you even live in Ghana? You should know that. Don't talk to me about slavery when quite clearly you know nothing about it! I would actually research into slavery in Ghana at this very time
    Actually: http://www.equityfeminism.com/archiv...01/000016.html
    Found an article on it! Please, don't tell me I know nothing, when quite clearly you don't. Please also don't tell me that sex education is taught in all schools as well, because most 100% certainly it is not due to your religous beliefs.

(Original post by Altius Tendo)
    The best thing you could have done was either reply to 18rosalyn's message privately or just ignore it altogether.
    Are your reading skills lacking as well? I mentioned at the first point of my post why I posted it on here rather than PM her. Look again.

(Original post by justfarhan)
    The wierdo started PM'ing me all because I said she had a chip on her shoulder. So she decides to call me a racist lol! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well they gained some respect from a fantastic effort against Italy. I didnt watch their last game, but they held their own against Italy. If they had the cutting edge upfront, you never know...

Anyway, most americans couldnt care less about football? Or is it gaining popularity?

I was engrossed in the NBA finals. So much sport to watch

ReputationRep:
    That first post made me happy. To know that some Americans raised their hopes and had them dashed fills me with a feeling of happiness and contentment. Sorry if that offends you old boy.

I do wish America had brought young Freddy Adu. The only player you have that anyone gives a damn about, and he doesn't make it. Now we'll have to wait another year or two until he joins Chelsea to say 'Rooney was much better at his age'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    I do wish America had brought young Freddy Adu. The only player you have that anyone gives a damn about, and he doesn't make it. Now we'll have to wait another year or two until he joins Chelsea to say 'Rooney was much better at his age'
    Everybody knows that Freddy Adu is only good on Championship Manager.

Only joking. Watch this goal; mms://a1503.v115042.c11504.g.vm.akam...u_goal_384.wmv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil-Tuna)
    i forgot.

most likely: :hugs:
    Yay! :hugs:Nice Tuna!

ReputationRep:
    What a strange thread

ReputationRep:
    Go DC United! and Freddy Adu for the USA Team in 2010. I think the US performance was mixed- flat and below par in the opener with the Czech Republic, very gutsy against Italy, too bad about the ref, Lorenzo the Ridiculous, or whatever his name is. I don't think we'll be seeing him in 2010, he's already been suspended once. Against Ghana, we were just not strong or organized enough. Many of the team are going to retire now, but there is a new generation coming up. Yes 5th was way too high of a rank, and yes we need a European (or Brazilian, or Argentine) coach.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.