west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Excellent post Dede.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    The question is how much money will the Glazers give Fergie to spend this summer? Because there were reports a couple of months ago that he would get a huge chunk of money to spend which would facilitate the purchase of both Torres and Carrick, but whether those reports were just a one-off media thing no-one knows. But it doesn't take a genius to work out that unless you start spending more, Chelsea will inevitably keep winning the league because of their superior finances.
    i read that the glazors are will enough to give the extra cash for torres and carrick, but that leaves room for no more people after, aka ribery etc. i think man u's main shopping list may well be, torres and carrick/mascherano/riquelme i doubt they'll go ahead with diarra for some reason, i think diarra and torres will be atleast 45-50m! i think they rather spend 25m on torres, and 10-15 on the rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    The question is how much money will the Glazers give Fergie to spend this summer? Because there were reports a couple of months ago that he would get a huge chunk of money to spend which would facilitate the purchase of both Torres and Carrick, but whether those reports were just a one-off media thing no-one knows. But it doesn't take a genius to work out that unless you start spending more, Chelsea will inevitably keep winning the league because of their superior finances.
    For the next couple of seasons perhaps, but Chelsea are becoming dangerously 'top heavy' in terms of the amount of superstars that they are trying to shoehorn into one team. There are alot of egos there, not least Mourinho's, which are liable to cause friction and poor results (a la
    Real Madrid). Also, its always possible that Abramovich will get bored and leave/ be arrested like several other high profile oligarchs, in which case Chelsea will be back to sqaure 1.

ReputationRep:
    hi purchasing a holland kit of the internet, but i want to know thats its real

here are a few images, if you have any idea can you tell me if its real

cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Diablo)
    i read that the glazors are will enough to give the extra cash for torres and carrick, but that leaves room for no more people after, aka ribery etc. i think man u's main shopping list may well be, torres and carrick/mascherano/riquelme i doubt they'll go ahead with diarra for some reason, i think diarra and torres will be atleast 45-50m! i think they rather spend 25m on torres, and 10-15 on the rest.
    You don't want him, trust me :p:

ReputationRep:
    Shevchenko is a model professional. Ballack may cause one or two problems after being the big fish at Bayern, but I think Mourinho's personality is too dominant to allow the 'Gallactico' mentality to seep into Stamford Bridge. If you look beyond Ballack and Sheva, there aren't too many imported superstars. Guys like Crespo and Drogba 'know their role' so-to-speak. There's probably more chance of Mourinho leaving for a new challenge than Abramovich leaving in the forseeable future. If the glazers pull their fingers out and bring in a few top players it might be interesting.

(Original post by Parisian Scot)
    You don't want him, trust me
    Ribery is pretty special from what I've seen of him. Being a Parisian, you would say that about him

ReputationRep:
    yes it is

ReputationRep:
    Im a newcastle fan and the away kit is horrible

May the designer be disgraced!!!!
    AND i EXPECTED BETTER FROM ADIDAS!
    its similar to aston villa/west ham

<

ReputationRep:
    it looks real to me :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    do a image search of the current kit, compare it and see if there's any differences (I found there to be none)

ReputationRep:
    I can confirm that the picture's are real as i have both home and away shirts . Check the authenticity of the actual kit when you receive it though, so it's not some cheap copy.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rizzyh)
    Im a newcastle fan and the away kit is horrible

May the designer be disgraced!!!!
    AND i EXPECTED BETTER FROM ADIDAS!
    its similar to aston villa/west ham

<
    I like it, but i get 'copying Barcelona colour/s' vibes here....

ReputationRep:
    I've definitely seen worse...

ReputationRep:
    Yea looks pretty much like my one

ReputationRep:
    I was actually rooting for team USA during this tournament, they're like the misguided cousins, who with some help can get back on the right track, if that makes sense That Onyewu dude looked pretty solid throughout the tournament and Clint Dempsey looks a pretty exciting prospect. And he gets major kudos for his rap skills :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is up with that pitch in that clip? Don't you have dedicated football stadiums yet? I would have thought so after the World Cup in America. Still, he wouldn't be able to score that kind of goal in Europe, that defending was ****e

ReputationRep:
    Nando's on his way to Old Trafford, trust me, I just texted my mate Jesus Gill

Perfect replacement for Van Nistelrooy I reckon, he's kind of a half way house between Saha's pace and Ruud's 6 yard ability, which I reckon is a better type of player to play with Rooney.

I don't see him staying in Spain, he can't really improve much more at Atletico and he's stated clearly in the past that he wouldn't want to play for any other Spanish team than his beloved Atletico.

And another thing, I hope to god United don't go for Ribery. Talent he undoubtedly has, but I hate the guy, he's the slimiest guy I've seen in a while, I just don't like the way he acts. Seen him a fair few times for Marseile this season and it's as if his whole game is centred on getting the other guy booked or sent off. And I know Cris has his moments, too, but this guy is like the next level.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched that vid and wtf is up with that pitch? Good goal, mind, but that pitch must be so distracting.

Liam IIRC the first dedicated football stadium was Columbus Crew's and that was only opened in 1999, I know for sure the Rose Bowl and Giants Stadium (the only two USA 94 stadia I can remember) are mainly American Football stadiums

ReputationRep:
    depends on how it takes on with the public, if it becomes popular give it 10-15years and you will be spending millions on the sport and trouncing european arse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Shevchenko is a model professional. Ballack may cause one or two problems after being the big fish at Bayern, but I think Mourinho's personality is too dominant to allow the 'Gallactico' mentality to seep into Stamford Bridge. If you look beyond Ballack and Sheva, there aren't too many imported superstars. Guys like Crespo and Drogba 'know their role' so-to-speak. There's probably more chance of Mourinho leaving for a new challenge than Abramovich leaving in the forseeable future. If the glazers pull their fingers out and bring in a few top players it might be interesting.

Ribery is pretty special from what I've seen of him. Being a Parisian, you would say that about him
    You obviously didn't see the French Cup Final Ribery and his team mates were owned by the mighty PSG!!! Allez Paris! In all seriousness though, he is a good prospect although I think he needs at least another season in France before moving to the big time. His lack of experience and lack of composure would be exposed agaisnt the top sides at the moment

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.