Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    The holding midfielder with 5 in midfielder does sort out the Lampard/Gerrard together problem because they are then both allowed to attack without one having to hold back
    I know, what I meant was, Carrick is no more defensive than Gerrard or Lampard so I thought it was going to be a pointless exercise. I am delighted to say though, that I was wrong- Carrick was very impressive in that position and I highly doubt that he can be dropped now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jose)
    Zidane deserves a category all of his own.
    Wot slow, old, past it French farts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuckyMan)
    Wot slow, old, past it French farts
    I was thinking more along the lines of the greatest midfielder of his generation. Check out this video, the poise, the balance, the control, the vision. Untouchable in just about every way. Clearly he is no longer at his peak but if you judge him by his mid 90's level then he is right up there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGzLm...&search=zidane

Merci Zizou.

ReputationRep:
    mmmmm, thats disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    True I just wished he retired before so that my final memories of him were as you described

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Perhaps Robinson but it wasnt that close to goal. Terry came for it and completely missed. It was mainly his fault. You cant blame Sol, he was expecting Terry get it and it bounced right in the wrong place. Maybe the old Sol would have got his foot up higher but it wasnt his fault. Hargreaves should have been tracking the runners but stood there watching.
    and having seen the replays, it was becks left for dead, not hargreaves... but it was still Robbo not marshalling his defence and beign indecisionate. (new word)

ReputationRep:
    Sure, Zidane was a great player, but christ, the music accompanying that clip of Zidane

ReputationRep:
    Dear oh dear.

Lawro was on form today. Most people would say something like 'Robinson doesn't know if he's coming or going' - Lawro says 'he doesn't know if it's New York or new year'.

I mean, wtf...

Graham Taylor on Five Live is far more annoying than Lawro, though.

ReputationRep:
    Can't disagree with that. It's sad that so few go out when they are a the top. I'm hoping Ronaldo can get back to his Barca form for one last season. It's sickening to hear him described by Hansen et al as fat, lazy, an obstacle to brazil's progress etc. Just not the way it should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jose)
    Can't disagree with that. It's sad that so few go out when they are a the top. I'm hoping Ronaldo can get back to his Barca form for one last season. It's sickening to hear him described by Hansen et al as fat, lazy, an obstacle to brazil's progress etc. Just not the way it should be.
    it was extremely harsh the frequency of the commentators attacks on ronaldo, regarding his weight. It began to get boring...

As for this 'going out at the top', many don't, purely because they love the game too much to do so. look at Sheringham for example, or Agassi from the tennis world. I have much respect for this, they acknowledge they aren't so good and aren't arrogant in choosing not to accept this et cetera...and if this means, going to a club, league....of lesser quality, then fair play :cool:

ReputationRep:
    He's okay, good in fact. He always comes out with this sarcastic remarks. It was funny when he said about the Croation guy on the floor when nobody hardly touched him, "i wonder what he'd be like if he really got fouled."

10 minutes later the guy almost had to be stretchered off-- turned out to be a rib injury-- and Lawro, "perhaps i was a bit harsh". ha

ReputationRep:
    Drop Rio for Sol/Carra.. if you watched the game, pretty much all the long balls came from him!
    Carrick played some nice passes and kept it to the ground good lad

ReputationRep:
    Surely the best one today was when Motty (eventually) mentioned Beckham being sick on the pitch. Lawrenson - "i'm surprised you brought that up" Classic.

He really pissed me off today though when Robinson went down and wasted a load of time. He described it as being "clever" and "cute". If it was an Equadorian player it would have been cheating and they'd all have got stuck in moaning about it. Blatant double standards.

ReputationRep:
    I laughed when he made a **** out of himself by trying to do a Sven impression.... *shakes head*

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I just remembered another Lawro classic from today; 'the wall is at least 10 yards back, plus VAT!'

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah that was great. He's actually growing on me now.

ReputationRep:
    Even Chelsea's famous orange and grey away kit is better than that!

ReputationRep:
    Lawro's getting as bad Clive Tyldesley.

Am I the only one who hates his laugh everytime Motson tries half-heartedly to say something funny?

ReputationRep:
    Crouch wasnt playing..and we still played the long ball repeatedly..So dont be blaming crouch.
    We missed Crouch today, his presence causes problems

ReputationRep:
    Italy V USA (when 3 men where sent off) "theres not a single empty spot in the whole stadium but there are certainly a few on the pitch"

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.