Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Point taken, i obviously missjudged his tone. Probably blinded by boredem at another flacid England performance. On a lighter note Lawrenson's still at it -"for a game played in Cologne, it stunk" Great stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Shevchenko's missed. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    Shevchenko's missed. :eek:
    That sounds familiar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parisian Scot)
    That sounds familiar
    So has the first Swiss guy.

Is anyone ever going to score in this game?

ReputationRep:
    Bye bye Switzerland

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late for me to delete this thread?

ReputationRep:
    idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jose)
    Point taken, i obviously missjudged his tone. Probably blinded by boredem at another flacid England performance. On a lighter note Lawrenson's still at it -"for a game played in Cologne, it stunk" Great stuff.
    lol must have missed that particular gem!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parisian Scot)
    lol must have missed that particular gem!
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ne#post4915084

Read number nine. Somebody out there predicted that Cologne would be used as part of a very bad pun.

I would have put money on Lawro being the shameless pundit who was going to say it. Edit: The best part of it is that you know that Lawro has spent at least a week preparing that joke. I bet he was desperate for the end of the game so that he could finally unleash it.

ReputationRep:
    The italians always dive, its been exposed several times - they still do it

ReputationRep:
    I tell you this Torres is very much a Madrid boy and i believe he will end up stayin in the capital either at athletico or real

i have to ask what the hell do those headsets do the refs are wearing!
    surely a video official would be far better and then they could relay infomation to the referee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    i have to ask what the hell do those headsets do the refs are wearing!
    surely a video official would be far better and then they could relay infomation to the referee
    To facilitate the comunication between the 4 officials

A video ref would be good, however it should not be used ott, maybe for penalty calls like todays cheating italians

But diving should be punished to discourage it so that video refs are used for goal line events

is it not used then because surely one of the officials would have noticed the 3 yellow card incident. and in a game yesterday i thin, the ref went over to the linesmen to find out what happened, why not use the headset :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peasant)
    The italians always dive, its been exposed several times - they still do it
    no they dont.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Rizzy. This World Cup is the worst I've seen yet. Many of the players are trying to win free kicks and get their opponents yellow carded or sent off. That's not football. After every slightest tackle some players are falling over and rolling around, and its just sad to watch. Something needs to be done before international football would be more suited to the theatre.

(Original post by stevemeat)
    I tell you this Torres is very much a Madrid boy and i believe he will end up stayin in the capital either at athletico or real
    he'd never go to Real Madrid...it would be like Steven Gerrard joining Man Utd...would never happen...too much rivalry mate...

ReputationRep:
    i really hope Premiership referees haven't been watching the World cup too closely. They will kill our game if they are so strict next season.

ReputationRep:
    I actually think the refs in this world cup so far have been GOOD, if your take the Portugal V Holland game for example- all 4 of the sendings of were DESERVED- Deco's 1st challenge was dreadful and he can have no complaints in getting another yellow card for wasting time, neither can the two dutchmen who also deserved to go, and costinhia was just stupid in handballing it.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder where the "England sucks and will lose in the next round, while Ghana will definitely advance" person is now...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.