Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethy)
    Mick McCarthy is meant to be like the 'expert' speaker to complement the proper commentator and he's just utter garbage!!!
    That's what I thought, until the beginning of this World Cup. It seems that all the summarisers do is paraphrase what the main commentator is saying, and talk a bit of tripe in between.

McCarthy is far from being the only guilty party in that respect. Mark Lawrenson, David Pleat and Mark Bright are all equally bad, if not worse.

:creep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    That's what I thought, until the beginning of this World Cup. It seems that all the summarisers do is paraphrase what the main commentator is saying, and talk a bit of tripe in between.

McCarthy is far from being the only guilty party in that respect. Mark Lawrenson, David Pleat and Mark Bright are all equally bad, if not worse.

:creep:
    Ah ha Mark Bright that is one person I can definitely say is worse than McCarthy and Lawrenson is definitely - he's probably my most hated of the lot now I think about it.

Did you HEAR his Sven impression the other day? OMG it was just embarassing and yet he found himself hilarious, argh how annoying!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethy)
    Did you HEAR his Sven impression the other day? OMG it was just embarassing and yet he found himself hilarious, argh how annoying!!!!!
    Thankfully, no.

I can imagine how painful it would have been to listen to, though. I feel for you and your ears.

ReputationRep:
    Have you declared war on Ghana yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Their president probably doesn't even realise there is a World Cup going on.

And I doubt he knows where Ghana is, either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    Thankfully, no.

I can imagine how painful it would have been to listen to, though. I feel for you and your ears.
    they need feeling for, its gonna haunt me that one, the most stupid thing was how hilarious he thought he was - even when Motson was chattin you could still here him sniggering in the background!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm..I wish we had some exciting signings..we get bellamy
    Get over it.

Rafa could sign 5 non league players, heck Cheyrou and Heskey could lead our strike force and Salif Diao be our new centre back and it wouldn't detract from the excitement that next season fills me with.

For what it's worth I think Bellamy is a bloody exciting signing.

ReputationRep:
    Souness, Keane, Vieira, Robson etc.

ReputationRep:
    Paul Ince could very well have been better than Keane if he'd have stayed at the top level in the premiership.

ReputationRep:
    Southgate 'surprisingly good'??? You kidding :eek:

He's appalling. Absolutely dreadful. I know commentators are often ridiculed for stating the bleedingly obvious, but the boy Southgate takes it to new levels/extremes....

I usually find myself cringing when listening to his commentary, and he has too geeky a voice for football commentary IMO. Not a suitable sounding voice...but this is wholly subjective of course.

ReputationRep:
    Quote "Stupid Yorkshire C**T" Unquote the legend that is Roy Keane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameso88)
    Quote "Stupid Yorkshire C**T" Unquote the legend that is Roy Keane.
    no 'sour grapes' in there either :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I just found his comment rather amusing and i will miss his no bulls**t response to everything and only wish i could turn back time so Man United could have him back to his best.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you hear? Bush says the CIA has given him a report that there are WMDs in Ghana. Congress is currently debating whether to give him the power to declare war. Stay tuned.

ReputationRep:
    The USA's dreams of lifting the world cup are over.

:bawling:

It's such a shame, because I found their names sort of amusing at times. But there's still ''Mardi Fish'' at Wimbeldon.

What is it with you guys? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, Eddie, Brian, Landon - all pretty regular. The only odd ones I can think of are Oguchi (his parents are Nigerian) and DaMarcus. I was actually thinking the other day that the US players had boring names in comparison to players from other countries.

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Also on the day of the USA v Ghana game Freddy Adu said he might prefer to play for the Ghana national team.

ReputationRep:
    welll....i have just found this article on skysports news this morning.

Atletico Madrid have stated star striker Fernando Torres is not for sale following his impressive World Cup.

The likes of Milan and Manchester United have already been mooted as possible destinations for the Spain international.

Torres bagged three goals as Spain reached the second round in Germany, but their participation ended following a 3-1 loss to France.

Atletico president Enrique Cerezo has warned other clubs off from making a bid, but says Torres can leave if his lofty release clause is met.

"He has a clause of £41.4 million and anyone that wants him should pay it," said Cerezo to The Sun.

"We have not had any offers or contact with anyone. Fernando is an Atletico Madrid player. He wants to stay with us.

"Fernando is not for sale. We have no intention of selling - on the contrary we are a buying club."

ReputationRep:
    the guy cant manage

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.