Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Those kind of matches are Class A or something, well they are at Arsenal. .i.e. Derbys are usually class A matches and every other match is a class B, you might find it really hard to get a ticket. Do you know a season ticket holder? he might be able to help you , they usually advertise match tickets about 2 months before the actual fixture I think anyway. + it would be an expensive match to go to

ReputationRep:
    I support Reading FC : ) and cannot wait for the season to get going sooo excited!

Liverpool because they're local really and I've always followed em to an extent, Barcelona - cause I love the atmosphere at Nou Camp, Hertha BSC - lovely stadium, lovely fans, top city : ).

Dislike
    Millwall, West Ham, Everton, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Preston NE, Wolves!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone see him do that interview with Skysports?? What a self-promoting c**t!! He is a referee FFS not a superstar!

hahahaha thats genius

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watford110)
    Unless you are willing to pay a lot of money you wont get a ticket for Fulham v Chelsea. It is one of the few Fulham games that will actually be a sell-out!! With regards to Arsenal v Sheff Utd again you might struggle to get a ticket. Some of my mates are Arsenal members and they reckon they will be lucky to get in more than a handful of games such is the demand and interest generated by the move to Ashburton & Grove.

Why not try a Championship game. Crystal Palace happen to be at home to Coventry City that weekend. The two clubs are both expected to challenge for promotion to the premiership and this game should be a cracker (& cheaper than Arsenal). The only problem with this is that it is a nightmare to get too and from Selhurst Park, its an absoloute dump and one of the worst locations for a football ground with regards to getting there.
    I'd agree...go for a championship game. Be a lot cheaper and a more closely contended game than Chelsea v Fulham or Arsenal v Blades!!!

Arsenal's ticket prices for matchdays have been released this week I think and its ridiculous!
    http://www.arsenal.com/membership/ar...&title=Tickets

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god! A bit less than £50 per game, per person for category A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blurredvision)
    Fair play is what we all want, and ive hated this world cups referering and yellow cards more than anyone. But how can you prove a dive, okay theres blatant ones, but theres a lot of inbetween. And much as i hate the portugese cheats etc, owen dived for our penalty in 2002, Terry went down like a sack of cement at least 3 times against ecuador and Ashley Cole definitely isnt the fairest player. Theyre all at it all the time, and it wont stop until referees book players much more for diving or just send them straight off when its blatant. The advantages outweight the disadvantages too much.

Worst divers so far? Ronaldo & Robben!

throw that ittalians out of the comp cheating sob's that will improve fair play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Oh my god! A bit less than £50 per game, per person for category A!
    Indeed. Thankfully our game is category B and the away section is apparently the corner upper but it is still £42. :eek: £42 to see your team get beat, I don't think so. :rolleyes:

Gem

ReputationRep:
    You pay £49 for the privilege of sitting in the heavens at Stamford Bridge in the away section.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    You pay £49 for the privilege of sitting in the heavens at Stamford Bridge in the away section.... :rolleyes:
    I think I'll give that one a miss too.
    I'd rather give the money to a league 1 or league 2 club when the Blades are playing at Chelsea and Arsenal.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    This is probably the most random thread in this section of the board, but i was just wondering if anyone knew the name of the song that is played at the end of every match. I love the tune, but cant put words to it. If you are still unsure to which song i am talking about it is on the advert for the oriental spices. LOL i realise i am probably embarassing myself but i NEED TO GET THE NAME OF THAT SONG!

Thanks. Hobs

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, he was nearly crying on sky sports

ReputationRep:
    That's why I felt really sorry for him ^^ I'm just a sucker for tears :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinnttintin)
    throw that ittalians out of the comp cheating sob's that will improve fair play
    coming from the football expert. :confused:

keep your stereotypes to yourself mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Also on the day of the USA v Ghana game Freddy Adu said he might prefer to play for the Ghana national team.
    Now that would be great for Ghana because they could have scored so many goals if they had a decent forward, Asamoah Gyan did score a few but him and the other guy spurned millions of chances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brains)
    That's why I felt really sorry for him ^^ I'm just a sucker for tears :rolleyes:
    I didn't at all! I'm usually quite sympathetic but what he did was just ridiculous; it's not like it's even that difficult to remember who's been carded, just look at that book that the ref carries! And they have such a great job, they should at least try to get stuff right!!

ReputationRep:
    I've never liked him as a ref. What i dont understand is why the Aussie players didn't say anything or why his linesmen didn't say anything, you would of thought someone on the pitch would of realised and said something.

ReputationRep:
    I know it sucks! I don't have sky sports, and I support Real Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    Passionate and loyal fans!!!!!!!
    Pretty ordinary fans with disillusions of grandeur more like - about themselves AND their club. I'll never understand why NEwcastle supporters think they should be challenging the likes of Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc purely because they spend too much money on players who always fail them

ReputationRep:
    the fans and club are generally rather self-deluded things....expectations grossly unrealistic....top 7 next season? You'll be lucky.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.