Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    I like Mick McCarthey alot! He's old school. You aren't going to get him screaming and squealing on like a girl. And he talks perfect sense. I know that sense=boredome but I rarely disagree with what he's got to say,

ReputationRep:
    Well? I can get a pair of the "old" preds new from JJB for within this price, reduced from £120.

But, is there any other decent boots you lot reccomend? I don't want to spend stupid amounts of money, £60 max.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    the barcodes seem to be getting a lot of stick, and i'm only too glad to add my name to the list of dissenting voices.

ReputationRep:
    actually, newcastle is the team i look forward to watching most on match of the day after spurs, for the sheer comedy value ----> fighting players, sounness (althought he's gone now), defensive **** ups.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinnttintin)
    throw that ittalians out of the comp cheating sob's that will improve fair play
    But will it improve your grammar, punctuation and spelling?:p:

ReputationRep:
    Could it be sigur ros - hoppipolla ?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I love that song too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    But will it improve your grammar, punctuation and spelling?:p:
    I dont know. Maybe, but then again maybe not. Who knows?

ReputationRep:
    This World Cup has brought out a pedantic side of me that I never knew existed.

Why do commentators insist on calling Ukraine 'the Ukraine' all the time?

Apart from being insulting to Ukranians (apparently it has negative historical connotations,) it makes no sense. We don't say 'the France', 'the Brazil' or 'the Sweden' - so why 'the Ukraine'? And don't say it's because it begins with a 'U' - what about Uganda, Uruguay, Uzbekistan?

I suppose at least now they're out of the competition, we won't hear it anymore. But we will have to put up with the constant mispronunciation of Oliver Neuville's name. It drives me MAD!

Sorry if you think I'm sad for getting so wound up about this. But I'm sure I'm not the only one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinnttintin)
    I dont know. Maybe, but then again maybe not. Who knows?
    Beats me. I'll ask AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    Not as bad as John Motson frequently referring to the Czech Republic as Czechoslovakia.
    I'm surprised he doesn't address the Ukraine as the Soviet Republic!

ReputationRep:
    thanks , but its not the one by sigur ros, its the one thats at the end of every match when you see the winners celebrate, and the loosers despair.

ReputationRep:
    It is Primal Scream- Country Girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Have you declared war on Ghana yet
    Hope not. It's Anna's homeland. :p:

ReputationRep:
    what?

its "go west"

ReputationRep:
    Oh OK, thought he was referring to the song ITV use all the time, which is PrimalScream

ReputationRep:
    I hate most BBC commentators, especially Jonathan Pearce. My favourites are ITV's Peter Drury and Clive Tildsley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parag)
    Sorry you're gonna need to pay for Sky to watch live La Liga matches on TV and if you want to watch only highlights then you can see them on Eurosport, which you'd have to have satelite or Top Up TV

You can always watch matches over the internet on chinese channels though
    YEP commentry is annoying though

ReputationRep:
    ^ So is the continual buffering, even with a fast connection.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for him like I would feel sorry for the England team if they made a mistake. If England make a mistake against portugal, they go home. If Poll makes one, he goes home.

Feel sorry for Poll underneath though. Every referees ambition to ref the world cup final, and he was so close.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.