60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    random post/spammage

:wavey: @ mike
    shpam! sounds a good idea oab...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    It's not mainly luck, it's all about which team has the most bottle and mental strength left to call upon.
    Umm, no. It's justa kick for goodness sake. Granted, there's lots of pressure on the player to perform, but I'm sure every player would be able to concentrate just for those few seconds when it's needed most. Skill's involved in fooling the keeper and placing the ball neatly into the net. Luck's involved with the keeper diving in the right direction of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zlatan)
    He's a completet tit, It's not as if this is the first time he's made a joke out of English referees. He cocked up in the last world cup when Italy played Croatia, and again made a complete ******* out of himself at Euro2004.
    What does it say for English refs if he underperformed at Euro 2004 and was picked for Germany 06 :rolleyes: The standard of refereeing in general has been poor all tournament.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate. I like the new F50's though. £90 I may go for them - thoughts anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    random post/spammage

:wavey: @ mike

:wavey: to yourself too

ReputationRep:
    Hargreaves was again the best player on the field (for England). Played amazingly well, and was the only English player to score a penalty. He was better than Lampard and Gerrard put together.

So, all in all, the point of Hargreaves is to be ****ing awesome. Might as well close the thread now, because there's nothing else to say.

ReputationRep:
    Hargreaves was our best player, I'll admit that in the past I've been the first to criticise him, but he was absolutely outstanding today, never seen somebody play with such determination or work as hard in my life, he was all around the field, winning tackles left right and centre, even attacking on occasion.

Pure class.

ReputationRep:
    And to add, he didnt get a yellow card, which shows how impressive his choice of tackling was nor did he get frustrated and make silly challenges, great head on those shoulders

ReputationRep:
    I hope those of you who were so unfair to Hargreaves at the beginning of the tournament and had a go at me for defending him, now feel thoroughly sick.

ReputationRep:
    He did get a yellow card, for being angry about some decision and talking to the referree too much or sommit.

ReputationRep:
    The decision not to give a penalty when Lennon went over in the box. To be fair it looked the right decision from the replay.

ReputationRep:
    Hargreaves has been Englands best player this tournament - ask yourselves this why the **** was jenas in the squad ahead of defoe/bent/emile ****ing heskey!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.narb.x)
    Hargreaves was our best player, I'll admit that in the past I've been the first to criticise him, but he was absolutely outstanding today, never seen somebody play with such determination or work as hard in my life, he was all around the field, winning tackles left right and centre, even attacking on occasion.

Pure class.
    He showed a lot of *******s in the 2nd half + ET yup. But Hansen's analysis of him in the first half was spot on. Hargreaves should watch someone like Xabi Alonso, he may not be a traditional defensive midfielder but his desire to get the ball and his off the ball movement to do is outstanding.

At this level it isn't enough to just show some heart etc. You need some discipline and quality on the ball. Hargreaves isn't the only culprit of this and ultimately that lands back to Sven not being able to mould a decent unit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    There is no point in hargreaves. His technical ablility is capped at passing the ball left and right and being criminally average.
    I hope you are feeling a bit of an idiot now

*eats my words*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollie)
    I hope you are feeling a bit of an idiot now
    Here are some of the people on this forum who will without doubt be eating their words right now;

(Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    seriously why does Sven keep picking him for the squad… maybe he is there to help with directions
    There is no point in hargreaves. His technical ablility is capped at passing the ball left and right and being criminally average.
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    He even gets booed when he comes onto the pitch…
    I never understand why he gets picked
    (Original post by rcuk)
    Hardgreaves isnt a 'Holding' player at all - He just gives away the ball. Pathetic
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    This is preaching to the choir. Hargreaves is a mess.
    (Original post by Economist)
    I hate him
    (Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    i just dont see the point of him!
    (Original post by mancred)
    hargreaves is useless, said it at the start, still saying it now.
    We will see how truely **** he is when he starts tomorrow
    (Original post by sam_h)
    Can i ask if ANYONE is a fan of Owen Hargreaves?? I think he's totally pointless, and useless, but someone must like him!

ReputationRep:
    And the only England player with the bottle to score a penalty to boot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.narb.x)

Pure class.
    I concur. I to have been very harsh of him but he was awesome today.

ReputationRep:
    Don't we love the noble losers deep down, the anguish, the melancholy, the tears??
    Secretly it's what we enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    no :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.