Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Nothing better than a bit of stress, heartbreak and tears in the evening.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it's something we truly excel at.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    You owe a certain Mr Hargreaves one hell of an apology.

ReputationRep:
    I could put up with failure if we actually won something every so often.

ReputationRep:
    True :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Get over it.

Rafa could sign 5 non league players, heck Cheyrou and Heskey could lead our strike force and Salif Diao be our new centre back and it wouldn't detract from the excitement that next season fills me with.

For what it's worth I think Bellamy is a bloody exciting signing.
    Im excited about the new season but you cant beat the exctiement of a world class striker coming into your squad.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    hagreaves was awesome today and to answer the question the point of hargreaves is to attack defend tackle and score penalties

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry if this reply is short and to the point, but im busy stuffing my face with humble pie.
    Owen hargreaves, you can hold your head up high. You played excelent today and against T&T in the holding role and imn sure youve silenced many critics.
    Youve converted me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    You owe a certain Mr Hargreaves one hell of an apology.
    See thread :mad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    he has also been given man of the match which is totally justified

(Original post by PhilMc)
    Thanks mate. I like the new F50's though. £90 I may go for them - thoughts anyone?

Yeah i've got a thought. England have just been dumped out of the world cup. **** your boots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZanyZanny)
    hagreaves was awesome today and to answer the question the point of hargreaves is to attack defend tackle and score penalties
    Haha. Excellent. I couldn't agree more.

Basically, the point of Hargreaves is to do everything that the supposedly superior Lampard promises to do, but never does.

And you're right; he fully deserved to be man of the match. I doubt that will be any consolation to him at the moment though. I felt so bad for him when he was sitting there in tears, after the lung-busting effort he put in today.

ReputationRep:
    You're very fickle if you can be converted on 2 performances.

I like OH because he's a tidy player who knows his role in a side and his limitations. He did alright today but that was largely because those around him had no real spark. Seemed a bit of a headless chicken at times but he wasnt helped that Gerrard was moved to the left and Lampard was so poor.

I hope he got rid of some of his critics though.

ReputationRep:
    The British love a battler, a fighter. Thats why theres so many people jumping on the Hargreaves bandwagon and why Peter Crouch has earnt a lot of respect this past season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    You're very fickle if you can be converted on 2 performances.
    His original dislike of Hargreaves was based on two performances anyway, so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Im sorry if this reply is short and to the point, but im busy stuffing my face with humble pie.
    Owen hargreaves, you can hold your head up high. You played excelent today and against T&T in the holding role and imn sure youve silenced many critics.
    Youve converted me..
    Don't you feel so much better now?

I'm proud of you.

ReputationRep:
    You English Naive? Didn't know.

I think the English who feel themselves to be English most passionately don't connect as much with the English football team as perhaps the gibberish opening speeches would demand they should.

I think maybe you spot a trend (as a wave) as it hits the beach and begins to break. Englishness is awakening, the flags are evidence of that, but it goes deeper and we discuss it in D&D.

-----------------

It may be that the English have an especial sympathy for the man who fails, in fact I think scales of human sympathy differ vastly across nations - but that mindset will ultimately threaten the nation and be challenged, it always is - and it will draw a violent backlash.

I'll take Rooney the Irishman.

ReputationRep:
    hargreaves and lennon have come out of the tournement with their reputations significantly bettered. so has peter crouch, to a degree. lampard has convinced me he's ****.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm. I am so confused.
    I'm quite annoyed how people who slated him changed their mind on the basis of a couple of performances. He always has been a very good player and he's always deserved a place in the England squad. He's had a very rich career- more so than some involved in the England set up, but I suppose it's better to win people round eventually than not at all.

I'm just hacked off that people have clearly not took the time to watch him outside of internationals. It's not like he plays for a club nobody has heard of!!!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.