Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    You're very fickle if you can be converted on 2 performances.
    Not fickle, just been proved wrong hes not completly useless..

ReputationRep:
    I thought he was fine. Best tackler/ man-wall aginst against their attack, but no-one ever believed he's the best distributor. Alan Hansen made the point at half time that OH wasn't the best self-positioner for receiving, but overlooked that his team-mates were rarely in good positions for his passes. I thought that was a little unfair. Tho' Hansen's clips did make it plain how thick OH can be.

After Beckham and Ronney were off - Hargreaves seemed our most active player for the next 45 minutes, and he was only ever going forward, unlike several others, who seemed frequently to forget which way their team was playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    just been proved wrong hes not completly useless..

This could have been proved wrong virtually every week over the past few years though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Peter Crouch has earnt a lot of respect this past season.
    Thought he was magnificent today. Did his job tremendously well and caused a lot of trouble.

ReputationRep:
    I never though he was crap, but just really a decent, versatile player. But he's proved to me that he's more than that and deserved his place ahead of Carrick.

ReputationRep:
    I never though he was crap, but just really a decent, versatile player. But he's proved to me that he's more than that and deserved his place ahead of Carrick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    just been proved wrong hes not completly useless..

This could have been proved wrong virtually every week over the past few years though...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    well he's the only one who can score from the spot, he should be our main spot kicker rather than lampard or beckham.

would have been ironic if hed scored the winner...

ReputationRep:
    Do we have an echo?

ReputationRep:
    I just cracked a smile watching Shearer take a bow.

Whatever people may say about him, he was a dirty, ageing penalty machine nowt more, nowt less. He didn't go to NEwcastle for 300 goals, he went for silverware and did he get any? HAHHAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chewwy)
    hargreaves and lennon have come out of the tournement with their reputations significantly bettered. so has peter crouch, to a degree. lampard has convinced me he's ****.
    Add Beckham, Campbell, Gerrard and both Coles to the roll of disastrous tournaments. Very poor.

All the fuss over Rooney and did he even score?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellie)
    It's not like he plays for a club nobody has heard of!!!!!
    u see german football played all the time do u?? its not in the 3 top leagues of europe. it does not even get live games played on channels like euro sport.

ReputationRep:
    was just about to start a Hargreaves appreciation thread, I always said he is ****ing good.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    Add Beckham, Campbell, Gerrard and both Coles to the roll of disastrous tournaments. Very poor.
    j cole was ok, not at his best but loads better than beckham, frankly we should have started with lennon.

campbell only came on once as a sub and he hasn't played much this season.

ReputationRep:
    appart from the fact that Ashely Cole was actuall great today well done
    oh and who was that fella who was guna save my post when I said Peter Crouch isnt international standard

ReputationRep:
    Add Gerrard and both Coles to the roll of disastrous tournaments. Very poor.
    :confused:
    Gerrard played 4 games..scored two goals. He excelled when played in his right position and ended the portugal game on the left wing. Not sure what you want..
    J.Cole didnt set the world alight but he was'nt poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    All the fuss over Rooney and did he even score?!
    Nope, you're right. All the endless talk about his race for fitness and how he could win the World Cup for us...

...and it turns out that he is probably the one who got us knocked out.

God I hate the media.

ReputationRep:
    Hargreaves was pretty much our best player.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't that big a fan of Hargreaves TBH, but he had a good tournament, which I think may have been helped by him being played in his better positions.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.