Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Okay, im going to save your post for after the world cup and we will see.
    did you save my post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    did you save my post?
    What was the post? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    What was the post? :confused:
    I said something along the lines of Crouch not being up to international standard and he wont score or cause any problems to any decent nation. and people had a go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    I said something along the lines of Crouch not being up to international standard and he wont score or cause any problems to any decent nation. and people had a go
    He did alright today all things considered.

ReputationRep:
    So... this was supposedly the England team that would finally win back the World Cup after 40 years of trying. All of our best players in their prime etc etc.

But they've blown it. And now we won't realistically have this kind of opportunity again for a very long time. By the next World Cup, most of the current squad will be in their 30s.

With the exception of talents like Rooney, Lennon and Downing, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of young players coming through with world-class potential.

That's my view, anyway. I don't like to be gloomy (it's been a bad enough day as it is), but I think we will have a long wait until we get another chance like this.

ReputationRep:
    4 years is a long time, we will produce new quality players in that time, who knows - the likes of Lampard, Gerrard etc dont rely on pace, they will still be there.

ReputationRep:
    yeh this was our so called Golden Generation just like every other nation, we'll be back to lose in the quarters in 4 years dont worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    4 years is a long time, we will produce new quality players in that time, who knows - the likes of Lampard, Gerrard etc dont rely on pace, they will still be there.
    I hope you're right.

ReputationRep:
    Sad but I fear true. I think Gerrard was key.

But then again a certain Mr Rooney will be approaching his prime, and I mean he's pretty damn hot now so.

We'll see, I'm hopeful... ish

ReputationRep:
    And who knows what Walcott will be like by then...

ReputationRep:
    A 21 year old millionaire?

How old is Beckham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    How old is Beckham?

:rolleyes: It was a serious question, I dont hvae the date of birth of every footballer engrained into my memory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    :rolleyes: It was a serious question, I dont hvae the date of birth of every footballer engrained into my memory.
    Sorry, I'm in one of those moods.

I'm pretty sure he's 31.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly- Downing is hardly a talent in the same league as Rooney and Lennon. He's completely ordinary. Average and not at all exciting.

Secondly- We've proved that great players can't win a competition alone. We need decent tactics and the guts to drop players who don't perform.

We can still have a good shot in four years time. There's nothing to stop us.

The future is not so bleak imo. Young players that have potential to become top top quality players- Rooney, Lennon, Micah Richards, Joey Barton (a **** though!), dean ashton, Reo-Coker, darren bent, defoe, dawson, carson, anton ferdinand, SWP, bradley wright philips. Plus a some others i've missed off no doubt, and the fact that more and more young players are knocking around ready to join the first teams.

The problem is our choice of managers- McLaren :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I hope those of you who were so unfair to Hargreaves at the beginning of the tournament and had a go at me for defending him, now feel thoroughly sick.
    Why? In the 30 odd caps before this WC he had been terrible. At the time the comments were perfectly valid, maybe some people criticising him as a bad player were wrong because he has been good for Munich but he has never been international quality. Today showed he can be international standard but well need more than just a couple of performances.

Anyway he was phenominal today, worked constantly. I dont understand why Hansen etc were having a go at him at HT for. They said he was poor going forward but he was put in there to defend which he did perfectly for 90 mins

ReputationRep:
    hagreaves was awesome today and to answer the question the point of hargreaves is to attack defend tackle and score penalties
    Exactly! He was the best England player today by far.

ReputationRep:
    What is the world of football coming to?

Italy for the World Cup!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.